It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa man says oil company offered ‘$1,200 teenage prostitute’ if he allowed pipeline on his land

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
well until he releases the recordings, i am not really convinced...
now if he dies all of a sudden, then I'll be convinced

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

If I had recordings and told people I had recordings, those recordings would have spread far and wide by now.. Not that this is anything ground breaking..

I wouldn't kill a man for such a recording.. I would find ways of making sure it wasn't "me" on the phone, or whatever the recording was from.. Also it could be illegal to record this conversation...

Lawyers would be the better way to go..

But yea, gotta hear the recording to know..

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Are you saying that the mistake here is being caught? You would find a way to deny it?

Just curious because damn...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You are a barrel full of laughs

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
More detailed coverage

www.kcrg.com...

Tweedy also claims the company representative, whom Tweedy would not name, told Tweedy an archaeological survey performed on Tweedy’s property was illegal, fake and, in Tweedy’s words, “nothing more than a hoop Dakota Access was jumping through” for the state utilities board that is considering whether to approve the pipeline project.

The blame is already being passed towards the contractor:

“We are aware of allegations that have been made concerning the conduct of an employee of one of our contractors,” Dakota Access spokeswoman Vicki Anderson Granado said in an emailed response. “We take these types of matters very seriously and are investigating further.”

Why he hasn't released the audio

Tweedy said he recorded two of the face-to-face conversations over beers. He said his lawyer recommended he not play the recording for the media because it may be used in possible future litigation. He said he would be willing to give them to state investigators if subpoenaed.

edit on 48531America/ChicagoWed, 13 May 2015 16:48:28 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Looks like he has been advised to not release it

He said his lawyer recommended he not play the recording for the media because it may be used in possible future litigation. He said he would be willing to give them to state investigators if subpoenaed.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: KnightLight

Are you saying that the mistake here is being caught? You would find a way to deny it?

Just curious because damn...

No,

but if I was the guy offering illegal services of a young girl, I would then think the way I said in the above post.. It's nothing to murder over..

I myself can't lie so it's not in me to be doing illegal activities because if a cop stopped me I would just tell him what I was doing..

I imagine all kinds of things, try and walk in other peoples shoes.. Imagine I got caught and I was a shady kind of rich man..

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
originally posted by: interupt42

He said his lawyer recommended he not play the recording for the media because it may be used in possible future litigation. He said he would be willing to give them to state investigators if subpoenaed.

OK..

Does this mean he could be sued for Libel or whatever it's called.. Saying untruthful things about someone that can damage him or his business ???

I mean if he's got the tape he wins that case as well.. And if he has a lawyer I am sure he must already know this, which then tells me He HAS the tape..

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: interupt42

Can't get the oil out without doing a little drilling'...Am I right?

You win the internet today... Congrats!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm. You don't think this is happening in Washington?........

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Absolutely not. There is no way our politicians would be influenced by sex or money.

If so wouldn't it be silly to allow the direct relationship between lobbyist and politicians to exist based on money?

edit on 16531America/ChicagoWed, 13 May 2015 17:16:15 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
some people get swayed by new cars..some with..other pleasures.

Is prostitution legal there? could be a issue if they are offering an illegal service of course.
If its legal, then meh..no big deal.

I wont hold judgement on any morality of the situation...not my place

(add/edit)
Checked. seems it isn't legal in there. that could lead to some issues, however, the service was not preformed, so not sure what charges, if any, could be filed.

why isn't it legal is a big question for another day.

It doesn't matter if it was legal. Offering a gift in such a situation could be seen as type of corruption.

Just like, having a car is not illegal. If you offer a Bentley to a politician for example to do something, it's corruption.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Is prostitution legal there? could be a issue if they are offering an illegal service of course.

(add/edit)
Checked. seems it isn't legal in there. that could lead to some issues, however, the service was not preformed, so not sure what charges, if any, could be filed.

It doesn't matter if it was legal. Offering a gift in such a situation could be seen as type of corruption.

Just like, having a car is not illegal. If you offer a Bentley to a politician for example to do something, it's corruption.

a oil company trying to buy your property isn't corruption..thats normal. companies are always trying to purchase new lands (or rent it out as this case may be).

very different circumstances.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if it was legal.

SaturnFX is right in this case. This was a private corporation and not an elected official that was trying to come to terms in a business transactions. The thing he did wrong was offered an illegal service in the transaction.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Absolutely not. There is no way our politicians would be influenced by sex or money.

If so wouldn't it be silly to allow the direct relationship between lobbyist and politicians to exist based on money?

You must be joking....

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

(add/edit)

a oil company trying to buy your property isn't corruption..thats normal. companies are always trying to purchase new lands (or rent it out as this case may be).

very different circumstances.

I suppose you are correct in this case, that this could be seen as simply part of the payment if it was legal.

I change my stance. I am one of those who doesn't believe prostitution is objectively wrong as long as it is not exploitative. Therefore, providing as part of a payment as long as it is not corruption is not wrong.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The biggest problem is that most of us aren't surprised that an oil company would offer the services of a prostitute in this instance. LOL

Shows you how much we think of oil companies.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Absolutely not. If corruption was an issue in Washington certainly it would be issue number 1 during the debates and the news and for the GOP and the DNC.

It would be silly to rehash the same things for numerous decades such as racism, sexuality, SS, taxes, economy, and healthcare with corruption in office? People would eventually figure out that decade old issues never get fixed.

Wouldn't it be silly to try to fix any of those things if your decision makers are corrupted?

Certainly the people are smarter than that and this would be the only issue they are talking about.
edit on 50531America/ChicagoWed, 13 May 2015 17:50:42 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Absolutely not. If corruption was an issue in Washington certainly it would be issue number 1 during the debates and the news and for the GOP and the DNC.

It would be silly to rehash the same things for numerous decades such as racism, sexuality, SS, taxes, economy, and healthcare with corruption in office?

Wouldn't it be silly to try to fix any of those things if your decision makers are corrupted?

Certainly the people are smarter than that and this would be the only issue they are talking about.

With all due respect, I envy your naivety.

You have a lot to learn about national level politics. The so-called "military-industrial complex," which has totally bought out many of our highest leaders, is one of the most corrupt things that exists on this planet.... I think you need to do more digging.

The reason that most Americans, such as yourself, don't know what is going on: The media is also owned and bought by said military-industrial complex. So you don't hear about it.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

LOL. Sorry I would have thought you would have sensed my sarcasm by now. I agree with you.

Especially when you look at my signature and avatar.

Congress the Best Buy for return on your investment.

and avatar:

Sadly , apparently the majority of voters do think like that eitherwise they would demand corruption in DC to be issue number 1.

I have yet to meet anyone that thinks highly of politicians or that doesn't think they are corrupt. However, when it comes time to discuss issues they still expect the corrupted system and politicians to fix the issues they created in the first place?

edit on 57531America/ChicagoWed, 13 May 2015 17:57:55 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join