It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #48: The United States Is Not, And Never Was, A Christian Nation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Really? Seriously?

Dinosaurs? ...and Noah?

please tell me you're pulling my leg.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
a reply to: seagull

"That's what the dinosaurs said"

- NOAH -

No, I'm sure the dinosaurs didn't "say" anything. Nor could dinosaurs actually follow the commandments even if they wanted to so I don't even understand why anyone would make such a claim.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

"That's what the dinosaurs said"

- NOAH -

I heard the dinosaurs talking this afternoon! Oh, I know, people will say those were semi-truck and chains saws, But I know the truth, those were dinosaur screams!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You really don't know much about the "forefathers" do you?

The vast majority did indeed believe in a Supreme Being. God, if you will.

What they didn't believe in was an interfering deity. Because an interfering deity flies in the face of God's granting us free will, doesn't it?

Any documentation of them praying?

Scrap that...

What are "inalienable rights endowed by the creator" if not an interference?

Surely it should have been a clean slate with man made rights?

Not being contrary, just thought it an interesting twist in their deism!
edit on 11-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Lets see how many people from the US are here. Talking about the "Founding Fathers" is well and good. But does anyone remember their history (or have the PTB changed all of history ? ) about the very reason this Nation was founded ? Think folks . The so called Founding Fathers were merely politicians of their day not any different than today . They had their Republican and Democrats even then.This country was established as haven to worship as they chose without interference from government (gee, could that be a reason for separation between church and state ? ) and to get away from the oppressive taxes imposed by those governments . Their whole deal was focused on a free nation ruled by the people , for the people.
Oh , by the way ,there were no Founding Fathers at the Boston Tea Party neither were they there when the first shots were fired
And one more . All Laws that govern this nation are taken DIRECTLY from the Laws of the Old Testament. Even down to suing for personal injury . Look it up
No , not a Christian Nation but a nation guided by religion and a country where everyone should be able to worship how and when they choose and not be infringed upon by government .Even though now this basic right is being destroyed by certain special interest groups. I see a chaotic , lawless , no morality US on the horizon and it is very sad.
No I am not religious.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well, you kinda have to give them a little wiggle room I think. After all they also said "All men are created equal" which is a concept that is debatable too.

They did a pretty good job overall though.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Actually...

The dinosaurs were pretty strict in Mosaic Law...

Especially not coveting their neighbours oxen...

Source: www.guffaw.com

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Ask Hilary Clinton where she was on the 15/6/1994.

You won't your head is in the sand .

She was busy explaining to the Living God , how she had to steal
from Him , to prop up her cause .

Of course she knew about shoemaker /levy 9 , in 1991 ,
three years ahead of your lying scientists , because your possessed government has
a video tape of the BIG GUY , launching said comet in your direction ....,because of said fraud .

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I read a headline today that said people are leaving organized religion in droves. I'm not sure how accurate that is (and I'm pressed for time so I can't source it ATM).

If that's true, then what we're going to be left with are the diehards and radicals. When people are backed into a corner and are afraid, they'll strike out.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yeah, they did.

The Constitution is pretty solid and hard to misinterpret (despite some attempts).

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Huh?

Care to explain for those of us who have no idea what you mean.

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The USA is was not founded as a Christian nation ...Ok "Got it" ...

The more I hear of the founding father's in their own words the more they have my respect.
I am in the UK ... Fancy digging some of them up and sending them over here
We could do with leaders of their calibre and integrity for sure ... but so could you in the USA ... Is cloning an option

Great information ... inspiring words from the past ... would that your Founding Father's were here now ... I would see a great future for all and a beacon for the world

Time to wake up these ghosts of the past to forge a brighter future

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If that's true, then what we're going to be left with are the diehards and radicals. When people are backed into a corner and are afraid, they'll strike out.

That's exactly what's already happening too. I think the best approach is similar to how you treat a bear in your campground. You alert everyone else about the situation then just calmly give it some space and provoke it as little as possible and it will eventually just go away quietly.

If that doesn't work you shoot it dead in the face with everything you've got!!
(just kidding....sorta)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

you need to read between the lines .

or ask the Pope ,

or re-read my last post .

(i thought it was obvious)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I think we're seeing that with the laws trying to be passed all over the country "protecting religious freedoms" -- AKA protecting Christian freedom.

No one is saying someone can't be a Lutheran, Catholic, Protestant or a Hindu...just don't mix your religion into our political system, and keep to yourself. If I want to know about your religion, I'll ask you. If you aren't happy with the schools teaching evolution, teach creationism at home on the weekends.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Ask Hilary Clinton where she was on the 15/6/1994.

You won't your head is in the sand .

She was busy explaining to the Living God , how she had to steal
from Him , to prop up her cause .

Of course she knew about shoemaker /levy 9 , in 1991 ,
three years ahead of your lying scientists , because your possessed government has
a video tape of the BIG GUY , launching said comet in your direction ....,because of said fraud .

Dude this is a fair amount of wackadoo to dump into this thread. If I understood what you were talking about at least I'd know if you were on topic or not.

Nothing personal, but wow.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

What are "inalienable rights endowed by the creator" if not an interference?

Surely it should have been a clean slate with man made rights?

Not being contrary, just thought it an interesting twist in their deism!

The only question one is asked if one wants to become a Mason is
"Do you believe in a Supreme Being"
It has nothing to do with Religion it is philosophical standpoint ... which is all inclusive of any Religion
Though Religion is left at the threshold ... but a deeper understanding is encouraged by one's own efforts and study

Fundamentalism is the true enemy of the people in that respect

edit on 11-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

you need to read between the lines .

or ask the Pope ,

or re-read my last post .

(i thought it was obvious)

I was responding to your last post which I read a few times...

You lost me here;
"Of course she knew about shoemaker /levy 9 , in 1991 ,
a video tape of the BIG GUY , launching said comet in your direction".

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Yeah so I've heard.

But forgive my ignorance...

I don't know what that has to do with a non-interfering deity giving people inalienable rights.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Chris†ian™? Oh You mean that religion™ that not only fights with their brothers (Abe's Seed) but even their own Self on which religion™ is Chris†ian™ and then have the audacity to type to others that they too must "believe" or they are "doomed"...

To clarify- doesn't to "know" outrank "believe" ?

Religion™ is like a penis, it is okay to have one, it is okay to be proud of it, but PLEASE don't take it out in public and shove it down My throat..

Doesn't Mark 6.6 read something about praying in public? or does Pastor Dave or wherever You're buying Your religion from ALSO cherry picks stuff that works for them?

Before You answer this (I'm working on My Taoism so make it rhetorical if You wish...) are You wearing threads from different weavers? Ironically You'll find this in Leviticus (Levi Strauss™???)

namaste

When "they" can sit through one (1) Mass w/out fighting or w/out passing the hat then maybe 'they' would garner more recruits?? I KNOW that yelling at a 4 year old that "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS" really isn't Cricket..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join