It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe A Matrix Computer Game Designed By Aliens, Say NASA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just read the secret book of john (apocryphon of john). The mystics of old were way ahead of us.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: raikata

There is the Biblical account of feeding the multitude with only five loaves of bread and two fish.
So maybe size isn't an issue?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: Kapusta

People ask me "What movie scared you the most " hands down the Matrix , they look at me like I am crazy but the Idea of living in a computer simulation seems very plausible.

Why does that scare you?

Some people hate the thought of being reduced to 1's and 0's I suppose. For me, it's liberating, it gives me full control of my destiny. Which was always the case but with cultural biases and obfuscation we seem to get lost in distractions or if it was a video game, pitfalls and restarts. All the crap keeping us from our truth is the games obstacles or enemy NPC's, that's why so many people suck at the game.

In a way we are ones and zeros ,,, just replaced with letters G.A.T.I.C. - H.O.M.

Its All About the INFORMATION...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Worst video game ever!

Don't hate the player hate the game, right? If you could play the game, you'd be a player too!

Well if our reality is nothing but a simulation, what's the point? Kinda takes the wind out of the sails doesn't it?

I just spoke to that repeatedly. What's the point now? Live, eat, #, die? Ask the lord Jesus Christ to be your personal savior than die and enjoy his golden kingdom where you are free to eat Ambrosia and sip the Sacred Nectar?

Why does one play video games? Entertainment value? If nothing else, we simply experience. We learn from those experiences so we can have better ones. Ever notice how we log off every night and than download and upload new updates via dreams. When my daughter falls asleep, I mean the very moment, I can spot it visually and through touch. A shutter goes through her body and that's it, logged off for updates.

I like to think of plants and how they absorb so much light (energy) and nutrients but it's when the sun goes down that the fun begins. It is at night that plants grow, same with humans....why is that?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Universe A Matrix Computer Game Designed By Aliens, Say NASA

I'm sorry to say it, but this is what you get when you don't read Plato all the way through.

The danger in believeing it is that it takes the focus off of the fact that we are the sole proprietors of bull# in this world and it allows us to shunt the blame off on to some imaginary demiurge (color it/him what you will).

This creates a sitch where folks think that we are able to identify and classify what is "Evil", but all it really is, is a mirror. We are looking at ourselves.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
One galaxy? If the simulation were allowed to run, why wouldn't it just create many. What might a universe be if it progresses past that stage of ours is, if it is one. We can only speculated on the reason for simulations in human terms.

Much like the idea that aliens would think like humans. Who knows what the reality of that is.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
Just read the secret book of john (apocryphon of john). The mystics of old were way ahead of us.

I'm feeding a baby with one hand ipad in another. Link please?

Ideally passages of relevance.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19330952]olaru12[/post

From the article...........
“It is an interesting idea, and it’s healthy to have some crazy ideas,” he told The Telegraph.

Not saying I agree with the premise or not , but this sounds a little like an excercise in "shooting the breeze".

I'm certainly entertaining the idea, as it explains a lot of things I've experienced in my 55+ years in this Sim, ahh life.

edit on 10-5-2015 by grubblesnert because: added an s. Took away a space.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Seriously, though. The majority of this forum (from what I've read, I might be wrong), but ok, let's say a big percent of the people on this forum believe that NASA is hiding the Truth. Another big percent of the people do not even believe people landed on the Moon, yet when NASA says (which they never did btw) that some mojo stuff is possible, then people go mental. I mean, they said it's possible, but knowing how we don't know almost anything (
), on theory "nothing is impossible" (the Hollywood guy can jump in here and talk about Nike, conspiracies etc.)

On the topic itself - I don't think personally for myself that if this is true I'd feel good about myself. I mean, what's good about it (I read the posts above), it's just that it does not feel right.. I am a conscious human being with my dreams, goals and feelings, so # you aliens and your giant computer

edit on 10-5-2015 by raikata because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Yes I agree.... to simplify, let's use this recognizable clique "History repeating itself".

Although it is a much grander cycle!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Much like the idea that aliens would think like humans. Who knows what the reality of that is.

Beethoven was alien to me, all the cycles and movements that repeat in the symphony.
A master of timing who could predict just when the audience was ready for a certain effect.

Maybe the simulation was composed that way?

edit on 10-5-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The only real question is, is it a matrix like reality where the mind is manipulated to believe this is reality or is a physical holographic universe and we are tethered to who/what we really are. I tend to go with a physical construct and have been since the early 80's. This theory is nothing new to me and of course, I still promote the zero free will concept. I wouldn't consider this a game, actually more like a 4D movie. It has a beginning and an end and neither you nor I can change the plot and the script. I look at this construct more as rehabilitation, I don't know what we all did in the "real" world but somebody must think it was bad to stick us here on rinse and repeat.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/10.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Beethoven was alien to me, all the cycles and movements that repeat in the symphony.
A master of timing who could predict just when the audience was ready for a certain effect.

Maybe the simulation was composed that way?

What we see as free will may well be just the range of values or actions an object known as a person can effect within the data that is the simulation. The reason we cannot do just anything is that the programming controlling the simulation doesn't allow for it.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Why does it have to be aliens?

Why can't it be us that created the simulation? If we are going to have this technology and the processing power in a couple of centuries, why can't we be the creators of our simulation, humans?

Professor Peter Millican, who teaches philosophy and computer science at Oxford University, thinks the virtual reality explanation is flawed. “The theory seems to be based on the assumption that ‘superminds’ would do things in much the same way as we would do them,” he said. - See more at: yournewswire.com...

Again the assumption that this is done by some other race or some superminds we can't even fathom.

Here's a question, if you created a simulation, wouldn't you create one with all the parameters you already have access to, including the way your own race thinks and feels? So if we are in a simulation, then it's most likely we're running our own, right?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

ATS thread attempting to answer just that.... here!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle Did not Saul have his conversion on the road to Damascus? I would say we are almost there. To never be inhabited again.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
NASA doesn't say that the universe is a matrix computer game designed by aliens...c'mon son...sensationalist titles turn me off...
edit on 10-5-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The earliest physicists built a reality using just the tools of mathematics, music and astronomical observation.
I imagine they expected Gods objective reality was a describable Celestial harmony within their grasp using those tools.
How far did they really get?

Wouldn't surprise me if they found some 5000 year old math that was a perfect patent for fundamental particle physics.

There was that cryptogram sent to Fermilab that was partially decoded "FRANK SHOEMAKER WOULD CALL THIS NOISE".

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Could well be. Maybe the creators died off and all that is left is the simulation running. That then brings us to something like the Matrix movie.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
While you are on the Star Trek view consider the "Ship In a bottle" episode. Where the escaping Moriarty is placed into a complete virtual reality where he doesn't know it's not real. This one gets real deep into a different thought zone.

While we are looking at that idea that might explain some of the oddball ancient remains we are finding. Perhaps the program has been restarted multiple times and it doesn't quite clean up on the old runs.

Also the "real" physics where the program is run could be quit different than the one in our reality. We could be an exploration of how things could develop with these unusual simplified physics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join