It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cringe Moment: "Look who is leaving, all the black people."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScreenBogey
If it was all black people leaving then it was a statement of fact and not racism. As such, this story says more about the hypocrisy of how the race issue is treated than it does about the speaker's views.

Edit: Watched the video. When she makes that statement, many black people get up and leave, so clearly "all" the black people hadn't left and her comment was racist.

Yep, it wasnt all, in fact not even most of the black audience thats walking out.

What she said may have been even an attempt at an observation, but who was it aimed at? why comment on it at all?
Shes incorrect and sarcastic - perhaps her main flaw here is not racist, shes clearly not very observant - soooo just a bit stupid?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The blacks who left were wrong but the white lady was more so. They already had their opinion of one another. This was the result. The blacks who did not leave have reason to be upset. Patience isn't something that can be taught. Racism can be and that's the damn problem. No one thinks through what they say or the ramifications of those words.

Personal responsibility is powerful if you use it. Truth is even more powerful.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

The video leaves out most of the story.

And personal responsibility could be applied to the students that may have been walking out on the valedictorian's speech...in a good and decent society(one you would expect from college graduates) you listen to your valedictorian's speech.

The director was way out of line in decency, but may not have been technically wrong.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

But given the anti-white message the MSM has been pounding in our heads the last few years

That is such a huge load of crap! There is no anti-white message in the MSM, it's just that FOX and friends, Rush and all their ilk keep telling white people that.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The apple fell at the foot of the tree on this one. Her son's Facebook posts should be a clear warning to anyone considering letting this woman teach a child anything.

Racist is as racist does. And it can be taught.

Source

edit on 10-5-2015 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Her son is black?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

He clearly thinks he's black via clothes and writting style. Imitation is no longer the sincerest form of flattery? Of course not, these are whites afterall.

People need to get over this 'get whitey' fad already, and pointless non-issues in general. The people in this country are soo easily offended the skin is now to thin to measure anymore.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I was not commenting on her son's race but rather the racism being spoken (written.)

I have no idea what race he is. Most of us are a mix of something or another anyway. The day we all grow color blind will be the day we can begin to better see one another...and our shared humanity.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arpad

People in this country are over the hate. Her words are her own echo and legacy and she will ultimately pay for blanket racial accusations about "all the black people." It has little to do with the thickness of one's skin, but rather the hate and judgement which resides within one's true character.

Speak racist, act racist and expect the people of this country to call it what it is...until it stops.

edit on 10-5-2015 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I didn't join ATS to tap dance around sensitive subjects but yes, that is absolutely what I believe.
It looks like you and a bunch of other people don't think there is an anti-white bias to the media.
That's the great thing about America, we're free to believe as we wish and say as much also.
The leave it beaver/happy days version of America is long dead.

ETa: I've never watched FOX and I usually despise the viewpoints of people like RushBo.
I think even PBS is about 90% lies nowadays.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com... well for what its worth she has now apologized but methinks it may be too little too late ,guess shes in dammage control mode now

The founder of an alternative school in Georgia issued an apology Saturday after videos circulated on social media showed her making a racially-charged remark during the school's graduation ceremony. The audience at TNT Academy's commencement ceremony on Friday became increasingly stunned as the school's founder, Nancy Gordeuk, chastised some people for leaving the event early, the video shows. Most of the audience got out of their seats after Gordeuk said: "Look who's leaving — all the black people." It is unclear who shot the multiple versions of the video that have been shared on Twitter and Facebook. Many on the social media sites have called for Gordeuk to lose her job.
guess she taught at an alternative hs (not that it matters ) but im willing to bet she will face some kind of consequences for this

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

there are still people in here who blame the blacks for her words

Maybe they shouldn't walk out on a speaker?? Or has everyone here been brainwashed by the worship minorities propaganda?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

there are still people in here who blame the blacks for her words

Maybe they shouldn't walk out on a speaker?? Or has everyone here been brainwashed by the worship minorities propaganda?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

They can walk out if they want.

What does them walking out have anything to do with what she said?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
The blacks who left were wrong but the white lady was more so.

My question is, what was the need for the lady to point out the race? Were only Black people walking out? Not a single person of any other race? And even if it were only Black people and not a single other race, there still wouldn't be a need to point out the race... if her point was about "rudeness" and not "race".

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: CB328

They can walk out if they want.

What does them walking out have anything to do with what she said?

First amendment: She can say what she wants... You are absolutely free to disagree with her message, but she broke no laws and violated no rights in vocalizing her thoughts.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I take this as an example of people accidentally talking in real life the way they do in front of the TV and the computer.

They are applying the false lessons of media to real life, not even realizing it's an experiment because they can't tell the difference between virtual and real anymore, so when the experiment is an outrageous disaster it's a complete surprise to them.

It goes to show both that the media depiction of normalcy is BS and that it is playing a significant role in the current climate.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Did I ever say she did?

Did I say we need to outlaw anything?

All I asked was what them walking out had to do with what and how she said what she did.

It is also the students right to walk out, per the first as well.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

First amendment: She can say what she wants...

That doesn't apply to schools/workplaces, inappropriate speech leads to detention for students and being fired for teachers.

Amendments are about rights given by the government, not by your boss who you sign an agreement to abide by certain rules and work for.
edit on 10-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One other thing- it's not the content of her speech that is really the problem. The problem is the predictable consequences of it in that time and place, which she seemingly couldn't have been oblivious to and yet invited- namely a complete breakdown of order during a major school function.

This person has demonstrated an inability to effectively relate to and interact with the people she is employed to serve, and a tactless adversarial style of communication that provoked potentially dangerous levels of disorder during a school function.

It doesn't matter if she said heil hitler or the brady bunch theme song, she sucks at her job and that's why she should be fired. It has nothing to do with right or wrong.

Edit to clarify: (on second thought, the racism is actually a huge problem too... i didn't mean to dismiss that. I'm simply saying we need not debate political correctness before we do the right thing here, because the proof is in the pudding.)
edit on Sun 10 May 2015 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join