It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cringe Moment: "Look who is leaving, all the black people."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
She mad an extra effort to point out who was leaving as if it made a difference.

She started if just saying what she saw, she then decided to take it another step

Seems the only time we want to call things racist is when it is a black person being so.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What do you think?

I think the fact that it as a poorly thought out thing for the director to say, it doesn't change the fact that it is extraordinarily rude to walk out on a kid giving the valedictorian speech. Those leaving should have been called out on it, and they should have felt ashamed at themselves... unfortunately, the spastic knee-jerk reaction against the wording choices of the director will excuse all those who rudely walked out and, ultimately, they will never be called to task for their selfish choice.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Lysergic

That awkward moment when you realize that maybe young black people are right when they say they aren't treated fairly at school.

What your saying may be true in schools with a white minority, but at the mostly black/hispanic school I went to the middle school education was pathetic, and the whole school cheated while pushing through these dumber than dirt students. Same with many jobs, colleges, police forces and other areas where blacks and minorities get preferential treatment, and get tests that are easier. Whites, asians, and other light races are the ones who are not being treated fairly in school, at least in the schools I go to. Also If this were reversed people would laugh it off as a joke.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And she started off rightfully calling those people out.

It wasn't until she decided to use some choice words that it became an issue.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It may have been a true remark but not likely to win her any new friends.
Public speaking is like living under a microscope so be careful before you open that pie hole.
I'm ok she told them how rude they were being all the same, they had that coming.

Something tells me she's had a history of run-ins and she said "screw it, I'm calling them out".

What we really need is the security video of the door showing who was leaving.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Let us say she saw some blacks leaving...what about the obvious ones sitting patiently from the video?

Or does that make a difference?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cyborg41

I love how you paint all minorities with same brush

As a Native American(which is a minority in my own country), I hear this stupid crap all the time. We succeed because of the whites help but when we fail it is because we are drunks, druggies or lazy.

That is pure BS. My life is the way it is because of me. No one helped and have had doors closed due to my race, yet I still succeeded despite those barriers.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Without a video of the door we can only guess.
But given the anti-white message the MSM has been pounding in our heads the last few years I've grown automatically suspect of any racially-motivated story they present. Which is a shame because it tends to make one miss the real stories of racism.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Really..the anti white message?

From what I am seeing time and time again..it is anti minority stories that prevalent on ATS.

Some minority kid gets shot...first thing ATS'er do is look into the background of said person in order to demonize victim in order to justify death.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Racism works both ways friend.
And ATS is not the mainstream media.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Here's a longer version:

She is obviously exasperated, that's about the only fact I can deduce.
Yes, it does sound like her racist feelings came tumbling out of her mouth.
I have no idea how or if the poor kid ever did get to make his speech.
Definitely ruined everyone's graduation ceremony.
That lack of self control tells me she shouldn't be running a school.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Typical teacher. Makes a mistake in front of students ... students must be called out for something.

Yes ... going to school left that as its most lasting impression on me.

edit on 1052015 by Snarl because: format

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I have 2 kinds of green snakes in my yard and they look identical. One type likes the bite and is poisonous the other type is harmless. I've been bitten twice so from now on I avoid the snakes. I guess I'm racist because I don't like green snakes. I've been told that not all snakes are bad but after being bitten I don't want anything to do with them.

I admit...I am racist against brown....spiders.
I've been bit by two Brown Recluse spiders in my life...One of which created a gaping wound in my arm, that pretty much ruined my best tattoo! I realize that I could look closely at a brown spider, and determine if it is a brown recluse or not...But instead I don't take any chances! Every brown or brownish spider I come across gets the death penalty.

Still though...I'm not sure how our experiences relate to the subject at hand. Her comment was clearly not appropriate, no matter what her internal reasoning for saying it was. And I'm not sure what any of this has to do with venomous snakes & spiders!

Though if you just wanted to share a random thought that this story was the inspiration of, then I understand....I do that myself at times!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
These little snippets of video never tell the whole story. So we can only deduce and fill in the blanks. It must be an on going problem in the school and that's why she said what she said. She didn't say the N word but that would have brought the house down. I hate to be a teacher today with the lack of control. It is like a lion with no teeth it can do nothing. They can only hope for good students and forget the ones that don't want to learn. A sad state of the education system and the no student left behind program which exacerbates the problem because the stupid ones don't want to be there or care for much. This woman will probably be fired which will not help anyone because the problem will still be there which is the type of people that stir things up because they don't want anybody else to have things. The ones with a low grade education graduating high school.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Maybe she should go work in a university, from another thread on here you can be as racist as you like!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

...The video shows (Director) Gordeuk standing at the podium in front of a live microphone as she says,

"You people are being so rude, to not listen to this speech." (...pause...) "Look who's leaving, all the black people,"

totally not mindful of the PC culture...
lack of sensitivity training... her brain filter to the mouth must have been turned off

but I don't see 'hate' or bigotry being played out here

in the 50s era the audience would have a strong sense of respect to 'sit through' the late speech...but this is 2015
... social media should maybe have a Audio 'Raspberry' that goes PPPPffffffttttttt....

now a 100 mobile devices doing that would drown out the speaker & make them stand aside, huh
** en.wikipedia.org...
"Blowing a raspberry, ... or making a Bronx cheer is to make a noise that may signify derision, real or feigned."

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

This woman shouldn't be anywhere near a school or any type of supervisor position anywhere, what a dumb ass...She sounds drunk too.

I love the kid's reaction behind her when she says it.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well the truth is nobody wants to listen to all these speeches which is why they are given before commencement. People only want to see their student on stage and then want to leave.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If it was all black people leaving then it was a statement of fact and not racism. As such, this story says more about the hypocrisy of how the race issue is treated than it does about the speaker's views.

Edit: Watched the video. When she makes that statement, many black people get up and leave, so clearly "all" the black people hadn't left and her comment was racist.
edit on 10-5-2015 by ScreenBogey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Wow.

No excuse. Out of line. Some people should not speak in public. Ever.

The contempt dripping from that last line from her was just disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join