It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrongly accused on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

He is well within his rights to sue for Libel. In fact, he should, he'll get a lovely pay out!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: Martin75
I think people post what they think will get them likes. It's nothing more than a popularity contest with really skewed view.

Our world has become a freak show. And everyone is trying to sell tickets.

Well, I'M SURE you and no one else never wrote parts of posts because you felt that you would gain more stars on ATS than saying something else or in another way.

It's the same thing with every social media, ATS is social media.

I have to disagree here.

Stars and likes to me are not the same thing. Facebook calls them likes for a reason.

Stars on ATS to me at least, maybe to others, is when a post makes a point you would have posted yourself OR a post that says something factual and important not yet mentioned OR either in a particularly easy to understand or elegant way.

When people see a facebook post/pic/vid/update that they like, they click "like", and when others read it they see that whatever ever it was, was popular and so might be also something they 'like'. On ATS, to me its a vote saying "this post is particularly relevant and interesting, read carefully".
edit on b56561017 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm wearing a Star Wars shirt as I type. Should I be worried?

This is what happens when Helen Lovejoy joins facebook.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I'm wearing a Star Wars shirt as I type. Should I be worried?

This is what happens when Helen Lovejoy joins facebook.

It's a sad day when people will listen to someone like this. :
edit on 9-5-2015 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

I think people post what they think will get them likes. It's nothing more than a popularity contest with really skewed view.

Well, I'M SURE you and no one else never wrote parts of posts because you felt that you would gain more stars on ATS than saying something else or in another way.

It's the same thing with every social media, ATS is social media.

No I do not. And if you do then you are selling yourself short. I put my opinions up to have a voice in the conversation. If I only post for stars, then I am cheating myself and going against the entire premise of ATS. How can I deny ignorance if I can't be true?

If I post I post how I feel. If I receive stars I know that others share my view.

You go ahead and feed your star count. I will continue bashing Facebook as an evil.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

He should sue her. Then, she should be forced to publicly (or at least on facebook) retract her statement about him being a pervert.

Totally agree.
It's high time this sort of madness stops.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I refuse to open a Faceplant account. I don't need or want 400 fake friends sending me updates on what they ate for breakfast.

I never had one and never will, not in a million years, even though I don't really know any people that would send me updates on their breakfast. To me, it's a matter of principle. Heck, I'll even confess that anyone who has a FB account immediately loses some respect in my eyes. I know, it shouldn't be so, but it is. Because it signals (to me) that it's most likely a person who never gets any attention in real life, hence the FB; and the great majority of those that I know who do have one really are like that: nice people, most of them, but not people who are ever going to garner positive attention in real life.

edit on 9-5-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Aah yes the crime of being male around children. Can't just sit on a park bench and let the mind wander anymore.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Aah yes the crime of being male around children. Can't just sit on a park bench and let the mind wander anymore.

Yeah.

Thing is, we dont want constant background checks, ID cards, TSA style officers at every park and whatever - but against the argument "oh so must be okay with potential child molesters around kids", theres almost no way to say that somthing might be over the top.

The TSA being name dropped there because of the striking similarity in regards to crime prevention/intervention. Yeah, no attacks or crimes etc should be 'allowed' to happen, but they still will some where, in some way. How much privacy do you invade and money do you spend to avoid a percentage (and who decides what percentage is acceptable) of these things happening?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I deleted my facebook. The family can call me if they have something to say to me now. You can't control others but you can control yourself. I seen the ramifications that Facebook could bring a long time ago. I also don't want my life out there for the whole world to see. I might rant about something and actually be taken serious. There's a whole mess of things to take into consideration. I'm having my doubts about posting here.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Stars and likes to me are not the same thing. Facebook calls them likes for a reason.

Stars and likes are the same thing.

Likes on Facebook, to me at least, is when a post makes a point you would have posted yourself or a post that says something factual and important not yet mentioned or either in a particularly easy to understand or elegant way.

When people on ATS see a thread/reply that they like, they give a star/flag and when others read it they see that whatever it was, it's popular and also be something they like. On Facebook, to me it's "likes" saying that this post is particularly relevant and interesting that people should read carefully.

Facebook and ATS are both social media.
On both, the user decides what information to give and what he/she shares.
Likes and stars are EXACTLY the same concept.
Both contain true and false information.
Both contain interesting subjects and what could be considered "ranting".
Both are plagged with ads.

I could go on but I think I made my point

edit on 9-5-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I will continue bashing Facebook as an evil.

A tool can't be evil, it's what people do with it if it's good or evil.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Oh yeah, definitely an air head fest. I had an account to keep up with my sister, son and other relatives in Texas and sometimes would post important political news. Not just what I thought was important, things that effected us all. I'd get maybe 2 likes. Pictures of my ferret would would attract attention like flies to horse sh**, which brought me to believe it's nothing but a bunch of people who gauge the value of their life by the amount of likes on Facebook.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The original post makes me really sad, in ways I cannot articulate. I'm saying this as a girl child, who grew up fatherless (through my father's death, at aged 7) and practically no male relatives other than my younger brother. Men and women have completely different ways of interacting with children and I believe that to be well rounded balanced human beings, we need a wide spectrum of both of those to really rise to our full potential. Women give children caution, but men teach them courage. Yes there are bad eggs on both sides of the gender divide. But toxic type of knee jerking like this is only leading to further polarization of the genders. It disempowers everybody and does nobody any favors.

We risk a generation of severely emotionally stunted human beings, who are infected with nothing other than the paranoid neurosis of helicopter moms.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

It wouldn't change anything if the wrongly accused guy was using facebook or not, the fault is the women for posting his pictures with wrong accusations.

I am glad someone pointed out that obvious detail..... It's about someone that put up some dude's picture on facebook with accusations. How many times I have seen people posting # like that on facebook, someone's picture, labelled as a creep or pedo, without even knowing if it is true or not, people just hit the share button. Don't matter if you are not on facebook, if someone photos you and puts you on their facebook and shares it to everyone else on facebook.

I love to take photos, bring my camera everywhere, take photos of everything. I have had to physically defend myself from people attempting to assault me or my camera, because they have kids and don't think I should be photographing within sight of their kids lol.
edit on Sat, 09 May 2015 15:37:07 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The problem isn't exactly with social media in this case -- it was just the delivery system for the slander & abuse. The problem is pathetic pearl-clutchers with their precious underpants sucked so far up their nether regions that they think everything & everyone is a threat, even when they're not. They take it upon themselves to go on a crusade for safety, and end up destroying lives that were never any threat to begin with.

We've taken the kids out to restaurants and had elderly couples give the kids peppermints (sealed ones, not twist wrappers) and stickers. ZOMG, 90 year old gramps & granny must be pedos for giving 2 little girls a sheet of generic stickers & a mint! ZOMG, sound the alarms, pedo alert, pedo alert! Yeah, not. That didn't generate one single eyelash batted where we live here in MI, but had it happened in FL, some nosy asswipe would have screeched high holy hell about it.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: meridie

We risk a generation of severely emotionally stunted human beings, who are infected with nothing other than the paranoid neurosis of helicopter moms.

Nicely said, so I repeated it.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

i never joined Facebook and I never will. My heart goes out to that man...messing with peoples reputation is a horrible thing to do.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Defamation is illegal in most Western nations. Poor guy does have some legal recourse.

IF - I repeat IF - he can pay for it.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
OK I am confused. Some of the same people in this thread think it is OK to stereotype and stop Mexicans and African Americans..but here it is wrong?

I agree that all the above is wrong but why is OK for one and not the other to some people?

In case your wondering what stereotypes...

pedophiles are usually white males between 20 and 50

Blacks dress or talk a certain way..most likely criminals

Mexican..just being Mexican..might be illegal
edit on 9-5-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join