It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK elections 2015. I have finally made my decisionand I am stunned at my choice.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

originally posted by: nonspecific

Make a plea? It's not my place. Plus, I couldn't find a decent amount of information to "big up" any party frankly.

Missed the point? You voted the Conservative candidate for your specific constituency. And the Tories got the majority. What else do you want me to understand?

I am a complainer. Correct. Aren't we all? And I/we have every right to complain. Also, my main point was how I've heard nothing but complaints in regards to how this country is run. And they've just gone and given the majority to the same party.

Baffled. Sorry, but baffled.

And no, the world isn't how I hoped it would be. Is it how you hoped it would be? I hope the candidate you voted for makes strides for your area. But the prick in number 10 won't do any good.

Did you hear any more or less complaints under a labour goverment?

Do you vote lib dem? Or green? Or UKIP?

Do you involve yourself in politics or simply sit to the side and then moan when the world as you say is not how you want it to be?

Not having a go at you but to sit there after doing nothing to even try and make it better and then complain about it will give you exactly what you have, no voice. no choice.

If you had a better bloke in mind you had a good few years to do somthing about promotong his cause and how it would benifit others, about 5 in fact and yet we sw nothing of the sorts.

You have another 4 or 5 years to either make a decision to affect change or sit idly by waiting to bemoan yes another goverment that you dislike but did nothing to change.

Do you like the Tories? Did you vote them in the last election? Or is this a new found support?

What makes you think I did nothing? I voted. I don't feel the need to tell you, but If you must know (as you've asked twice) I voted Labour. UKIP and Green and in hindsight, Lib Dem were wasted votes. Which is a shame really. No vote should feel wasted.

No amount of campaigning or support can fix this country. The only thing that can fix it is a revolution and I'm not 100% convinced that's practical.

Are you happy with this country? Are you happy with how it's run?

Quite frankly, I had every mind not to vote. Waste of time and energy. But my family wanted me to. I pretty much gave them my vote. It meant nothing to me because nothing will change. This country is ruined. And a vote does nothing (how sad is that?)

Edit in regards to "more complaints" : I'm not sure, I've heard complaints constantly. Maybe slightly more because Cameron is a smug bully... ut I'm not a fan of either party (assuming it was a Labour Vs Tory race) or their incompetence.

I understand your anger but fail to see the logic in your statements, you say you voted but then say you did it under duress due to family commitments?

PLease be assured I mean you no ill you seem like a passionate and intelligent person so why not do something about it?

Instead of complaing about what you think is wrong why not try and do something about it?

As you asked re my vote, yes I think that for now a tory leadership is the best for the UK but on many subtle levels and I will work in my own way to make a better future.

As I said no ill intended just an attempt to make you stand up and do something about the things you dislike as opposed to sitting down complaining about them.

Peace.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink
a reply to: nonspecific

I left school in 1980.. and live in a mining area ..or was... where i live has ALWAYS been labour.

I feel the same and will probably be voting CON as well... we cant have a labour government they have brought us to our collective knees over the last 15 years..

Labour is nowadays mainly for the latte-drinking vegan intellectual elite in London.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: liamsquire

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I voted SNP at the last election when I lived in Glasgow

This election has seen a lot of nationalism and with the current political climate, IMO I can see Scotland having another referendum by 2020, and the English will end up with a political party like SNP. There is already a party called the English Democratic Party that's calling for an English Parliament for years, but have not made any strides in the last decade.

I think the UK as a whole should have a referendum, we are either one country with one parliament or four seperate countries with our own parliaments and we all go it alone. I'd be more than happy for Northern Ireland to become part of the Republic of Ireland, more than happy for the Welsh and the Scots to govern themselves and the English govern ourselves!

I've always been in favour of smaller governments making decisions for their people, supported by their people. There is a lot of people from the individual countries within the UK realising they have no power, no say and will forever be at the mercy of others who really couldn't care less about us.

For that reason, if there was a libertarian party in the UK that actually worked, I would vote for them. I now hear that the Whig party is being resurrected, however.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretFace
Millipede is giving the same talk of fairness for British families, NHS, education etc etc, how can he say fairness when for his party to get in, they will have to form a government with the SNP? His weak government will be held to ransom and boxed in by the Scottish nationalists. Everything he says will only happen if the Scottish feel that is benefits them, how is that fair? And that is me actually believing that he wants to implement this stuff, which I don't believe he does and even if he does, such ideas as taxing the rich and big business and banks, all good, the reality is that we get the charges past on to us. As for the rich, look at France, they all f***ed off! The entire system is rigged that way. Like I said previously, for me its the lesser of two evils.

The trouble with "fairness" is that it is such a loose concept. What I believe is fair is most likely not exactly the same as another person's perception of fairness. As such, it is a great political tool that can be used to provide the perception that the politicians have my best in mind, while in practice they intend something completely else.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScreenBogey
@OP How can you vote for the party that destroyed the mines and the Northern communities? A vote for the Tories is a vote to raid the middle-class to enrich the 0.1%. Labour are asshats, but vote for the Tories? Unthinkable. You are asking to be shafted. They don't represent the middle-classes and never have. Tories are only good for the working-person in an expanding economy.

If Mrs Tatcher hadn't, then the intellectual, global warming, climate change raving Labour elite most certainly would have.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Make a plea? It's not my place. Plus, I couldn't find a decent amount of information to "big up" any party frankly.

Missed the point? You voted the Conservative candidate for your specific constituency. And the Tories got the majority. What else do you want me to understand?

I am a complainer. Correct. Aren't we all? And I/we have every right to complain. Also, my main point was how I've heard nothing but complaints in regards to how this country is run. And they've just gone and given the majority to the same party.

Baffled. Sorry, but baffled.

And no, the world isn't how I hoped it would be. Is it how you hoped it would be? I hope the candidate you voted for makes strides for your area. But the prick in number 10 won't do any good.

Did you hear any more or less complaints under a labour goverment?

Do you vote lib dem? Or green? Or UKIP?

Do you involve yourself in politics or simply sit to the side and then moan when the world as you say is not how you want it to be?

Not having a go at you but to sit there after doing nothing to even try and make it better and then complain about it will give you exactly what you have, no voice. no choice.

If you had a better bloke in mind you had a good few years to do somthing about promotong his cause and how it would benifit others, about 5 in fact and yet we sw nothing of the sorts.

You have another 4 or 5 years to either make a decision to affect change or sit idly by waiting to bemoan yes another goverment that you dislike but did nothing to change.

Do you like the Tories? Did you vote them in the last election? Or is this a new found support?

What makes you think I did nothing? I voted. I don't feel the need to tell you, but If you must know (as you've asked twice) I voted Labour. UKIP and Green and in hindsight, Lib Dem were wasted votes. Which is a shame really. No vote should feel wasted.

No amount of campaigning or support can fix this country. The only thing that can fix it is a revolution and I'm not 100% convinced that's practical.

Are you happy with this country? Are you happy with how it's run?

Quite frankly, I had every mind not to vote. Waste of time and energy. But my family wanted me to. I pretty much gave them my vote. It meant nothing to me because nothing will change. This country is ruined. And a vote does nothing (how sad is that?)

Edit in regards to "more complaints" : I'm not sure, I've heard complaints constantly. Maybe slightly more because Cameron is a smug bully... ut I'm not a fan of either party (assuming it was a Labour Vs Tory race) or their incompetence.

I understand your anger but fail to see the logic in your statements, you say you voted but then say you did it under duress due to family commitments?

PLease be assured I mean you no ill you seem like a passionate and intelligent person so why not do something about it?

Instead of complaing about what you think is wrong why not try and do something about it?

As you asked re my vote, yes I think that for now a tory leadership is the best for the UK but on many subtle levels and I will work in my own way to make a better future.

As I said no ill intended just an attempt to make you stand up and do something about the things you dislike as opposed to sitting down complaining about them.

Peace.

Likewise to you, no malevolence here.

I would, however, like to ask... What do you propose I do to make a change? What will you try and do?

My vote was under duress in a sense, correct. If I hadn't voted, I'd have still complained. Because there truly was nobody to vote for in regards to bettering this country - And that's their fault, not ours.
edit on 9-5-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Could you explain the difference between those who choose to enter politics and yourself then?

You have a few years to make your voice heard.

Or you can sit there waiting to complain again

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

A one man revolution is a lovely idea.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

A one man revolution is a lovely idea.

I imagine all revolutions start with one man and build up from there

top topics