It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK elections 2015. I have finally made my decisionand I am stunned at my choice.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: crazyewok

IMHO I think the UKIP vote is down to the only party in the UK against the EU. Those of us old enough to have voted back in the seventies to join the common market, only voted for a common market, not to hand over political powers to unelected officials.

It makes me mad that the bankers at the ECB have diplomatic passports!!!! WTF!

Our countries membership to the EU was the most important reason for my vote.

Well thats another reason I am voting Conservative.

I want a EU referendum as I was not even born when the UK had its first one.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I voted SNP at the last election when I lived in Glasgow

This election has seen a lot of nationalism and with the current political climate, IMO I can see Scotland having another referendum by 2020, and the English will end up with a political party like SNP. There is already a party called the English Democratic Party that's calling for an English Parliament for years, but have not made any strides in the last decade.

I think the UK as a whole should have a referendum, we are either one country with one parliament or four seperate countries with our own parliaments and we all go it alone. I'd be more than happy for Northern Ireland to become part of the Republic of Ireland, more than happy for the Welsh and the Scots to govern themselves and the English govern ourselves!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think you will find that the miners destroyed much of Britains industry, it just depends how you look at the politics.

Had Thatcher lost the election, the all consuming unions would have turned the UK into a third world country, much worse than todays Greece.

Of course, it was a thankless job.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm voting Labour because Russell brand told me to

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Cameron was a bulingdon boy, who used to smash up fine dining restaurants while ed milibands proudest moment at university was fighting for fairer rents for students. He can also do a rubrics cube in one hand in 90 seconds

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Cameron was a bulingdon boy, who used to smash up fine dining restaurants while ed milibands proudest moment at university was fighting for fairer rents for students. He can also do a rubrics cube in one hand in 90 seconds

I'm confused, based on those facts who should I vote for then

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I won't try to convince you that you're wrong, but I will stay that David Cameron is a dirty stinking liar...

And a complete coward... As is miliband for not being against trident renewal, but i would still prefer a labour government over the Tories...

I hope you come to your senses... Beer won't help...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific ed miliband, not some toff who gets his kicks smashing up restaurants for fun. Ed miliband may be a bit of a geek, but we are all here on a conspiracy website, so are in no position to judge geeks

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I left school in 1980.. and live in a mining area ..or was... where i live has ALWAYS been labour.

I feel the same and will probably be voting CON as well... we cant have a labour government they have brought us to our collective knees over the last 15 years..

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Before I say anything, I would like to add a few words from the Huffington Post (yeah I know, left wing rag,) by a conservative economist called Ramesh Patel. Make of it what you will, but I think he actually destroys the Cameron/Osborne bullshot lie about the deficit, how bad it was and how much better it is now.......we HAVE been lied to.
As for 'cast iron guarantee Dave'......he is fundamentally pro-Eu. What do you think the terms and conditions of a referendum vote are going to look like? Free and fair?

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

We have seriously been lied to by the three main parties. They all have their own agenda and it has nothing to do with listening to the interests of the people of our Island.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
I won't try to convince you that you're wrong, but I will stay that David Cameron is a dirty stinking liar...

And a complete coward... As is miliband for not being against trident renewal, but i would still prefer a labour government over the Tories...

I hope you come to your senses... Beer won't help...

It's a tactical decision made on what I think is the best choice right now but time will tell.

I don't expect any politcal party to do the right thing in the long run.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm not gonna try and persuade you but I doubt you've just come to a conclusion of voting Tory when you know fine well that there will be lots more privatisation, i.e. Royal Mail, NHS. I'm gonna say, you always were going to vote Tory.

These guys are going to ensure the richest keep getting those bonuses and record breaking salaries despite the "austerity", whilst the poorest struggle.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

With a son working in the NHS who has told me I would need a lobotomy were I to vote tory I do own I won't vote tory although it has more to do with the tory promise of a referendum in 2017 on europe when the last day open to us to have a vote is actually 1st Jan 2017.

Labour - well what can I say there. I have voted labour in the past and indeed fort Tony Blair - but now Oh Dear I know about tony's possible openness to blackmail which is why he backed bush and the paedaphelia that dogs that party - as well obviously as the tories. I doubt even Ed's brother could save labour and he would probably be trying all the little tricks his brother has to show he's just an ordinary Brit ha.ha.

No UKIP because I want out of europe and being governed by a huge federal state that already the germans are calling to have an army. We want an army to fight who - of yes, the russians - but they buy so much from germany - I can't make any sense out of europe.

Last time round I voted for Clegg because in the discussion between the three heads of parties, clegg left the other behind but I didn't vote for him to get stinking cameron and his allegiance to the crown and rothschild.

I will be glad when its all over and if the two main parties form a coalition I will think about emigrating. Tristan da Cuna looks good and out of the way.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I voted SNP at the last election when I lived in Glasgow

This election has seen a lot of nationalism and with the current political climate, IMO I can see Scotland having another referendum by 2020, and the English will end up with a political party like SNP. There is already a party called the English Democratic Party that's calling for an English Parliament for years, but have not made any strides in the last decade.

I think the UK as a whole should have a referendum, we are either one country with one parliament or four seperate countries with our own parliaments and we all go it alone. I'd be more than happy for Northern Ireland to become part of the Republic of Ireland, more than happy for the Welsh and the Scots to govern themselves and the English govern ourselves!

I've always been in favour of smaller governments making decisions for their people, supported by their people. There is a lot of people from the individual countries within the UK realising they have no power, no say and will forever be at the mercy of others who really couldn't care less about us.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific ed miliband, not some toff who gets his kicks smashing up restaurants for fun. Ed miliband may be a bit of a geek, but we are all here on a conspiracy website, so are in no position to judge geeks

Milliband is a career politican toff from oxbridge cut from the same cloth as Camron!

Only diffrence is Milliband came from oxford not cambridge.

There is little diffrence between them!

May as well do what im doing and that is ignoreing the battle for number 10 and voting for the local candidate thats best suited for the job.
edit on 6-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: liamsquire

I'm not gonna try and persuade you but I doubt you've just come to a conclusion of voting Tory when you know fine well that there will be lots more privatisation, i.e. Royal Mail, NHS. I'm gonna say, you always were going to vote Tory.

These guys are going to ensure the richest keep getting those bonuses and record breaking salaries despite the "austerity", whilst the poorest struggle.

And so will labour!

Hell my local labour candidate is a public schoolboy works in london finance!

Its my concervative candidate thats from a more humble background.
Go figure.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewokDon't be daft. Read both their wikis and their lives have been very different. Miliband certainly has a more interesting back ground

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewokDon't be daft. Read both their wikis and their lives have been very different. Miliband certainly has a more interesting back ground

Yet they still went to the same sort of universitys and have followed the same career politician path.

Plus my local labour candidate is a toff who works in the banking sector.
No way will i vote for him!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok well I just feel more of an affinity towards miliband than cameron

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Is this a troll thread or attention seeking? It's hard to tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join