It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visualizing a Decade of drone Strikes _ An interactive Death map of Obama's Drone Games

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

One question though if droans kill off the target and the targets family. Well then takes that whole revenge thing off the table. On a more serious note doesn't matter if droan strikes occur before that they just used aircraft. It's nothing new other than the fact droans can stay on station longer.BUT my biggest question you know your a terrorist you know your on a watch list why would you visit your family knowing that there's a good chance you will get them killed. If I knew I was being hunted because of my actons I'd stay far away from my relatives so as not to involve them.Just always seems odd how terrorists operate.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Only 98% collateral damage. I guess I could understand why people hate the U.S. Probably justified.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You question how the terrorists operate when it's our policy to kill the enemy along with whoever (innocents) happens to be nearby? Lol makes sense to me!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: dragonridr

You question how the terrorists operate when it's our policy to kill the enemy along with whoever (innocents) happens to be nearby? Lol makes sense to me!

Next question How do you know they were inno scent?? Like the strikes in yemen to take out al qaeda 28 militants and 2 civilians. Judging by those numbers and looking at the chart for pakistan. What say 8 precent innocent out of say 2000. Would be right around 160 civilians. And killing 1840 militants. so the question becomes how many deaths could these 1849 people caused. I personally don't have the answer.But I figure probably more civilian casualties than 160. Since they tend to use bombs indiscriminately against civilians never seen al qaeda hit a military target have you?

I will say this though Obama seems to go to droans a little to quickly it's his first choice when I think it should be he last. He sees this as an easy was out of his lack of foreign policy.
edit on 5/6/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

to worry about enemy civilians causalities.

There is your problem right there.

If they are civilians they are not your enemy. Civilians are civilians.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

That was a full blown war with countries facing countries. This is a lot different and the number of deaths is just a detail in a much bigger question.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

The site is a war history site. That was a link and it's far from Anti- Obama. As a matter of fact Obama is only on the site due to his love of drones. In your mind drone strikes on innocents from a supposed "Anti War President" is ok? and it's ok because the only possible sites showing it don't like Obama.

Let me ask you a question? Who then is supposed to report on our presidents? What is journalism in a free country if it's not to keep a check on the people with the most power?

In Russia any website or news that shows Putin doing something wrong is also called Anti-Putin. It's called anti-Russian, ect.
So maybe we should strive to make our journalism protect & hide our presidents wrong doing & mistakes. No wonder our country is less & less free every day.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrivilegedPeasant
a reply to: smirkley

The site is a war history site. That was a link and it's far from Anti- Obama. As a matter of fact Obama is only on the site due to his love of drones. In your mind drone strikes on innocents from a supposed "Anti War President" is ok? and it's ok because the only possible sites showing it don't like Obama.

Let me ask you a question? Who then is supposed to report on our presidents? What is journalism in a free country if it's not to keep a check on the people with the most power?

In Russia any website or news that shows Putin doing something wrong is also called Anti-Putin. It's called anti-Russian, ect.
So maybe we should strive to make our journalism protect & hide our presidents wrong doing & mistakes. No wonder our country is less & less free every day.

Well you know this is an issue with republicans even in Congress basically they aren't the ones doing the strikes other wise it be fine. But don't kid yourself this is meant to attack Obama politically. Why do you think congress keeps bringing up the issue. They don't like it that Obama can do droan strikes without their consent. IN FACT WHEN HH TOLD THE THAT THE WERE NOT HAPPY. Swe this site isn't even accurate the listing is not all the droan strikes only rhe ones Pakistan listed and it wasn't even the pakistan govt it was an Islamic organization.

See in the tribal areas Pakistan has no information they can't go in there without being shot. All the information they get from this area is through tribal leaders. Meaning honestly most of it is probably false.
edit on 5/6/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

One question though if droans kill off the target and the targets family. Well then takes that whole revenge thing off the table. On a more serious note doesn't matter if droan strikes occur before that they just used aircraft. It's nothing new other than the fact droans can stay on station longer.BUT my biggest question you know your a terrorist you know your on a watch list why would you visit your family knowing that there's a good chance you will get them killed. If I knew I was being hunted because of my actons I'd stay far away from my relatives so as not to involve them.Just always seems odd how terrorists operate.

Cause they think if Allah lets them and their family die to the enemy they all will go to heaven. They don't think of death in a rational way. US did not kill them, rather Allah took them to heaven.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm not a research analyst but those numbers seem a little off and although I understand they want a dramatic effect its not fair. Just because there were only 50 "High Value" targets, that doesn't the other targets were not worthy of reviving a hellfire. Seeing dudes place IEDs, fire mortars then pack up the tube and haul ass, guys doing weapon exchanges in the middle of nowhere and all sorts of stuff like that happen ALOT, and some of those bad guys don't make it home.

Point being is, yes we use RPA's a bunch and on legit targets. There is ALWAYS a risk of an "innocent" person (perceived or real) being hurt, that's the nature of explosives and hanging around bad dudes. I would love for everyone to see more accurate numbers, although that cant happen because legit strikes happen all the time nobody ever hears about them.

I also believe there are folks who think these strikes are off the cuff and not thought out. I can assure you most targets are watched for very long periods of time and there is evidence that puts a target on his/her head

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Only 98% collateral damage. I guess I could understand why people hate the U.S. Probably justified.

Really 98%... Drone strikes are actually small focused attacks, it is not like a 2000 pound bomb is dropped.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: buddah6

to worry about enemy civilians causalities.

There is your problem right there.

If they are civilians they are not your enemy. Civilians are civilians.

Sometime it is hard to tell the difference when all the men carry guns. If you can tell the difference, please, share your wisdom. I keep saying war is the ugliest thing that humans do to each other. People here on ATS try to inject their morals to fighting wars. It is not possible to juggle morals and fighting wars. The politicians place rules of engagement on our troops which only insure more causalities on friendly troops.

Please, don't think that I believe in the "kill'em all and let GOD sort'em out" bunch. What I continue to say, I've been there and 99% of people with opinions to the way war needs to be fought doesn't know what war is like. I preach peace because I have spent time in hell. I also believe when war is declared it must be forceful enough and quick enough to make the enemy fearful of a redux.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
These last 2 replies leave me wondering if there is any humanity left in our country.
How is this any different from suicide bombers with vest blowing up a bus with a single soldier on it?
(besides the fact one must be willing to die instead of pushing a button and watching a video screen while munching doritos)

There is no hope

US and majority of Americans bought into Luciferian agenda.

The only solution is cleansing, rough but it works and it was done with nazis and hitler successfully

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorinoFer

These last 2 replies leave me wondering if there is any humanity left in our country.
How is this any different from suicide bombers with vest blowing up a bus with a single soldier on it?
(besides the fact one must be willing to die instead of pushing a button and watching a video screen while munching doritos)

There is no hope

The only solution is cleansing, rough but it works and it was done with nazis and hitler successfully

So true many Amaricans think it's the US job to fight evil. The US doesn't need to be world policeman. But unfortunately this won't change anytime soon.so maybe your right cleansing may be an option. Though I think it's a lille drastic since not all the people in say Russia are evil only the leaders. Putin is willing to kill his own people so helping him do it really accomplishes nothing.
edit on 5/9/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

There is no hope

How many died at Stalin hand...30 million? Who's luciferian?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Oh yeah Stalin was Scum, but he was scum mainly to his own people and he died long time ago, his Russia collapsed and is gone.

USA is the modern day Stalin and Hitler.

Modern day as in 2015. Not 1950s

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Blast radii don't discriminate just to "bad guys"

A 20lb warhead on a Hellfire will kill people within a 50ft (15 metre) radius and severly wound anyone within 65ft (20metres) . Try pacing that out

Or - let me put it this way - in my current property, 15 metres would obliterate my house and severley damage the two either side, probably killing anyone in them.

Anything bigger than that just ups the kill radius.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Anyone who genuinely feels drone striking people with hellfire missiles as justified are seriously delusional. This isn't about war, this is about indiscriminate killing in countries with far inferior capabilities. It's akin to dropping napalm on an anthill. Where is the honor? We kill them there so we don't have to fight them here right? Never mind the innocent, better them than us right?

Imagine walking to the market and hearing the buzz of drones overhead never knowing when or if it will unleash a hellfire missile on you or your family because someone from a computer screen hundreds or thousands of miles away determines that your beard matches that of someone we think matches the beard of a known "terrorist".

Remember all the international support Israel received when they were under seige by "suicide bombers" (many im sure Patsy's). So inhumane and indiscriminate but should we compare death statistics? Hell, why not save everyone the time and pull a Fallujah, I'm sure there's enough white phosphorus laying about.

ETA: the very thought that my country does this as a matter of policy makes me really *snip* sick.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: buddah6

Oh yeah Stalin was Scum, but he was scum mainly to his own people and he died long time ago, his Russia collapsed and is gone.

USA is the modern day Stalin and Hitler.

Modern day as in 2015. Not 1950s

Let me see if I understand this. The Saudis sent 19 people to the US to hijack airliners and crash them into buildings where 3000 people were killed. This was only the second attempt to bring down the World Trade Center building. We knew that there was an ongoing effort to hijack or destroy more airliners. SO you think we should have sat on our hands and done nothing but shake in our boots. You think we should cry in our beer over being attacked.

It is your contention that if we defend ourselves that we are evil. You think it's OK to kill us in a wholesale manner and we should except our punishment. 3000 civilians and 7000 American soldiers have died and you put us on the same level of Hitler or Stalin. Hitler killed 6 million Jews and Stalin killed 30 million Georgians. I'm sorry that I have only a public school education and I can't seem to come to the math that equates the US to those levels.

You say that it was the 1940's and 50's that Hitler and Stalin perpetrated their evil and this is 2015! With the technology of the time they had to work hard to arrive at those numbers. If the US was evil as you say, we could fry the whole planet in 30 minutes and we have had this technologies since the 1940's and you're still here.

I think that you are one of those that just hate the US regardless of what we do.
edit on 10-5-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Or - let me put it this way - in my current property, 15 metres would obliterate my house and severley damage the two either side, probably killing anyone in them.

Anything bigger than that just ups the kill radius.

You must live in a small house within a very tight neighborhood...I guess my point was the 98%... That sounds so propaganda like...

During WWII the bombers would start at the highest point in a city and then let 100s of bombs rain down at a time. Their goal might be just a train station that was strategically important. The factor in all cases is technology and I would say we have come a long way since then to use laser guided 20 pounder to do tactical objectives. Those tactical objectives are not just willy-nilly selected either. Also they do not typically use a 110,000 dollar bomb on some low level isis foot soldier, but places like cells, camps, high profile targets. The 20 or so missions I been a part of were just like that...very focused, and very well selected.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join