It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Heff and all ATS bacon lovers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Who among all erudite ATSers here four years ago does not remember seeing, participating in, laughing, and drooling over Hefficide's (call him John) now-famous bacon thread? It was classic and many of us still refer to it now and then with fondness and a wide smile. (For newer members, you can find it here

Ok, you aficionados and dreamers, Canada has answered the prayers of some of you and Ta dah! Maple Leaf Foods is actually looking for a (get this), an honest-to-goodness bacon ambassador! You read that right. There is a real job opening for that position. I kid you not.

Here's the ad:

Yahoo News

See for yourselves

Anyone interested?

edit on 4-5-2015 by aboutface because: fixed link

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Makes me hungry to this day. I saw it well before I actually registered, but i swear I still put bacon on my grilled cheese because of it. As far as the topic at hand, I am simply...not worthy. I would love to be, but I was impatient a few weeks ago and nuked it while making a sandwich. I'm fairly certain that disqualified me

a reply to: aboutface

edit on 4-5-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: thumbs

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
OK, for all you doubters out there, here's a full Bing page about it, and if you doubt it, YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!

Bing page re ambassador position

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Rumor has it that because Mike Duffy was willing to take the fall for King Stephen that he will get a full pardon and acquire the position by Royal decree .Earlier in the process to fill the spot ,it was John Baird that would be the go to guy and that is why he left politics ,but Pamela Wallin brought up the fact that John had a Israel citizenship .

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Haha, I love it! Now that's pork belly politicos, but naw.
We've had enough of those people, haven't we?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Personally I would go for Rob Ford just for the humor .Toronto could use good news as well .lol

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
the problem that i see is that Canadians keep using the word bacon, but it doesn't mean what they think it means.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Huh? We call bacon 'bacon" just exactly like you do. There is no difference at all. A BLT or bacon cheeseburger is exactly the same in either country.

However an American term that you refer to as 'Canadian bacon" is perhaps what you're talking about? I think it's peameal covered back bacon which I had once when I was little, sort of like tiny ham rounds. It's not crispy and doesn't measure up, imho.

So what you do think we mean?
edit on 5-5-2015 by aboutface because: typo

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Just jokes, man.

ETA: The Display Model:

edit on 5/5/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

All's good then. Imagine, trying to get my mind to think straight when I'm only on my second cup.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I remember Heff's epic bacon thread. He should be the bacon ambassador just for writing it.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Ah, I fully agree. Can you picture all the excellent letters of reference ATS members would send to the company on his behalf?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It would take months to read all of the emails. It might even shut their server down.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

How simply glorious would that be! Our beloved Heff as Ambassador of Bacon; it has a certain crispiness of authority and an aroma of all things good. Gets along with everything, married to cheese or pizza, potato salad, and of course eggs. The Ambassador would be the ultimate enhancer.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Does the Ambassador of Bacon come in this truck? If not, he or she should just to make sure that all diplomacy is smoothed over with yummy, bacony food goodness ... fries.

edit on 5-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I never heard of that outfit. In days before cooking oil, fries used to be cooked in bacon fat. Is that what this outfir offers?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Did someone say bacon? My thingie went off....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They have "bacon jam" on one of their sandwiches. What is bacon jam? Bacon grease?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Ewww. Maybe some crumples bacon in say apple jelly? I so I'd try some.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Hiya Sweetie! You still use a thingie?

new topics

top topics

join