It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the american national anthem, how its supposed to be, how it is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: stormson

You are missing the point of music. Music is SUPPOSED to be taken in and improved upon. If you keep playing the song the same way over and over again, it gets boring. Why should the National Anthem be any different?

Yet there has been no improvement. IMO, the anthem shouldn't be a ballad, or r&b style, or sung like you're trying to seduce someone. Definitely it shouldn't be soft.
The anthem should be sharp, quick, stirring, something you can go to war to, not bed.
You have the right to sing it how you like. You have the right to put truck nuts on a ford pinto, but its not the proper thing to do.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Why? Who made you the boss of the song? It's in the public domain, therefore you can do what you want to it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I dont even know the words to my country's anthem. Its just a silly song.
edit on 4-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

My father would love you. He was a WW11 vet and a musician. He started complaining about how the anthem was sung way back in the 60s. Singers embellishing and honoring themselves rather than the nation.

But you know what? As national anthems go musically, it really is not very stirring, nor is the melody inspiring. I played it in high school and college at every football and basketball game and school event and I loved the base line a lot. I played the tuba.

I used to hold it in high regard but as I grew older I found it was taken from an old drinking song which had been borrowed from a tune sung by a mens club in England. Yeah, that's the ticket. Lets pick as our anthem a song that came out of England.

Key, I think was a schlock who just happened to know this tune and was in the right place at the right time to put it all down with his new words. Everyone around him in the fit of the violent moment, said 'ah, yea we need a national song', his stolen tune and re-hashed lyrics were grabbed in a hurry and it stuck.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

YES!!!

I am SO tired of all the performers who want the National Anthem to be about THEM, instead of about the song. I have heard non-professionals do a far better job than most pro singers do. Some are so bad, I can't stand to listen. Some have the gall to alter the song lyrics, which, as far as I am concerned, should have them chased out of whatever event it is where they are performing!!

The best I have heard in recent years is indeed from military groups, doing it for the standard anthem singing before movies in an on-post theater.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This and "God Bless America" are my 2 least favorite things at a baseball game. I avoid Sunday games due to God Bless America, and 95% of the national anthems sung before games are over embellished by crappy singers who think they are great and need to add their own "flair" to the song. The best at singing the national anthem are kids, right to the point, sung how it's supposed to be sung.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
National anthems are nothing more then repetitive and regurgitated vocals of brainwashing populations to be divided from their humanity.

The American anthem, sounds like a cult anthem lol. Flame on again, but this anthem sounds full of # and separate from most.

I use to hate standing and parroting the Canadian anthem; knowing the natives of this land were slaughtered and robbed. . In the name of "O'Canada".

Wish there was an earth anthem everyone could be brainwashed to parrot. Isn't it nice how we split this beautiful rock into 200+ different names, sections, and each individually, have people divided from each other ..

Forget about it, it doesn't matter. It's the 1% planet now... we just occupy divided sections until death.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join