It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two shot outside Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brainiac
We have a reluctant president who has his head in the sand since the first day he took office, and since that time, terrorism has metastasized throughout the whole world.

How do you figure that? He radically increased the drone strikes started under the Bush administration (which is actually creating more problems than it solves.) as well as increased the DHS infrastructure and other anti-terrorism programs. And he's been bombing the crap out of Syria and Iraq for a while now. And it's not like his predecessor or any potential Republican POTUS could do any better.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If I am drawing a cartoon of Muhammad in my living room right now...how is that any different than what Geller did in Garland? Her's was a closed event; I'd just be sitting here drawing a cartoon in the privacy of my own home.
Would I be "asking for it"...as commentators on MSNBC and others have suggested Geller was?
edit on 6-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The women has done nothing wrong but exercising Americas freedom of speech,

sadly the only ones that care to criticized her are mostly those that do not understand how many rights and freedoms the America constitution give to his citizens,

or those that are trying to change the face of the world under their own twisted religious believes also is that small group that would love to get away with the constitution so they will use any excuse to apologize for terrorist acts and their intentions, putting the blame on somebody else.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ya you just drawing a picture in your room is the same as her holding a publicized event at the same venue as a previous Islam event was held at and offering a 10k reward as to draw more attention

Totally the same thing.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If it wasn't Geller, it would have been someone else some other time.

Just because someone is "asking for it" (ludicrous, imo), doesn't mean they should get it.

Jihadists look for any excuse they can use to justify their lust for evil. Religious fervor is as good as anything. "You insulted my main man!! That's against my religion! You need a good beheading....yum!!"

These people are pure and simply evil in their core being. Religion is just a tool to justify their behavior in their own minds.
edit on 6-5-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2015 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Jihadists look for any excuse they can use to justify their lust for evil.

And yet we have more violence everyday from almost everyone else in the states...
Strange how they works out.

These people are pure and simply evil in their core being. Religion is just a tool to justify their behavior in their own minds.

So do we blame the tool or the person?

It is never the gun but the person holding it right?

Gellar went out of her way to piss someone off and is now mad that people are saying that just cause you are allowed to do it, doesn't make it a great idea.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya you just drawing a picture in your room is the same as her holding a publicized event at the same venue as a previous Islam event was held at and offering a 10k reward as to draw more attention

Totally the same thing.

Wouldn't the 'crime' against Muhammad be the same? Whether it was just me...or a group of cartoonists at a contest?
Did Garland just present a more 'target-rich' environment for ISIS to get publicity of their own?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

...her holding a publicized event at the same venue as a previous Islam event was held...

OH...so ANY public forum where a previous Islam event has been held...is now 'off limits' to any other event involving something Islam would find offensive. Got it.

So a gay pride rally...or woman's right's conference should never be held there, as well?
edit on 6-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Jihadists look for any excuse they can use to justify their lust for evil.

And yet we have more violence everyday from almost everyone else in the states...
Strange how they works out.

So do we blame the tool or the person?

It is never the gun but the person holding it right?

Gellar went out of her way to piss someone off and is now mad that people are saying that just cause you are allowed to do it, doesn't make it a great idea.

You're comparing apples and oranges. These muslim jihadists stage planned attacks on innocent people they don't even know personally for no other reason than drawing a picture to make a statement, or running a marathon race, or going to work.

Never blame the tool. It is ALWAYS the person. Islam may offer the excuse/tool, but the evil perpetrators are to blame.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The more I read some of the post around the more I see what would be the face of America if it wasn't for our constitution. Islamic fundamentalist and terrorist hate it with passion, but that doesn't stop them from coming to our nation.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Alright so we can't blame the whole religion for the acts of the few, glad you are on that side.

But yet you use jihad which is a religious term for them...

And are you saying there wasn't people killed today by the plans of people that wanted to kill?
That was my point. Not really apples to oranges there.
That isn't what I said at all thank you very much, just comparing what happened to what you were doing.

She obviously extra choose that spot so it was relevant.
The 'crime' would be the same sure, but it is still different then you going out of your way to let everyone in the country know you are doing it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
ISIS has just put out a jihad against Geller AND her supporters.
Now, if people in this thread say they support what she did...in this public forum known as ATS...even though they have never committed the so-called 'crime' of drawing a cartoon of Muhammad, themselves...would THAT be 'asking for it' as well?

To me, that says that by ISIS' thinking...anyone (in the world) who doesn't agree with what ISIS does and says, deserves to be killed by ISIS. Period.

How can anyone defend that way of thinking...to any measure?

edit on 6-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 6-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No you would not.

Now if you went and made a group of something like "I heart Gellar" and broadcast that you were going to hold an event and offer 10k to the person that could support her the best, well then you would have a similar situation.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No you would not.

Now if you went and made a group of something like "I heart Gellar" and broadcast that you were going to hold an event and offer 10k to the person that could support her the best, well then you would have a similar situation.

I hear you, Sremmos...but you keep dwelling on the 'event' aspect of this. ISIS has killed plenty of people it felt offended them...who were not holding events. They were simply practicing a different religion...or sitting in a Jewish Deli, etc.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What you expect IAMATAT that is what all this religious crap is all about, intimidation and murder, so we Americans are expected to bend backwards to accommodate for Terrorist because we need to be tolerant.

What that tells you any body that even think this is right and that terrorist have the right to do what they do are as bad as the terrorist themselves.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't think anyone is saying terrorist have the right to do what they want...

Just that it probably isn't the greatest idea to goat them cause murica.

She has her right to do what she did, just like people have the right to criticize her without being chastised as unamerican for doing so.

Not everyone agrees that is the best way to go about it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Has our President made a statement regarding this terror attack yet? Or will he just say it's regular violence?

Nope, he's on the campaign trail, err, I mean DNC fundraiser - gotta pay Hillary back with his time. Think he's in Oregon or something like that this week? SMH
edit on 6-5-2015 by newyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
ISIS just declared Jihad against American Freedom of the Press...in threatening death to every media news outlet that interviewed or showed a story on Geller. Pretty straight forward here (See Highlighted section):

Our aim was the khanzeer Pamela Geller and to show her that we don't care what land she hides in or what sky shields her; we will send all our Lions to achieve her slaughter. This will heal the hearts of our brothers and disperse the ones behind her. To those who protect her: this will be your only warning of housing this woman and her circus show.

Everyone who houses her events, gives her a platform to spill her filth are legitimate targets.

justpaste.it...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Wow, kind of emboldened stance for such a group of rag tag terrorist, that like to hide behind their inexperience followers to do stupid acts in the US.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: verylowfrequency

After seeing the first news report, I just figured that it was a law enforcement sting operation devised to lure out extremist.
www.msn.com...

Now the FBI admits it sent a warning specifically to Garland police hours prior that Elton Simpson may attack and included his picture and and the make model and license plates of his car.

Now we know police (hit squad) were likely lying in wait for the suspects. Is there a video of the firefight or just the scene after the fact?

A sting operation with a convenient book end. With the story given who's going to complain.
edit on 5/8/15 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join