It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahide laws (decapitated if not obeyed!?): will you accept yahweh as God if/when it's enforced?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: chr0naut

Aah yeah if people inexplicably excuse cousin-love then I guess that just leaves Ham and his father......

Why weren't they beheaded?

It is fairly plain that Ham disrespected his father by telling his other brothers (who were just outside) that dad was unconscious, drunk and naked.

As far as I can see, there is no inference in the text that anything sexual happened between Ham (who was an adult with his own wife/s and should have known better) and his aged (600 years +) father, Noah.

Do you see such an inference?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It is fairly plain that Ham disrespected his father by telling his other brothers (who were just outside) that dad was unconscious, drunk and naked. 

I wouldn't expect many Christians to be able to interpret Hams actions any other way, but to anyone without such a confirmation bias it's fairly obvious Ham did something horrific enough to warrant a curse upon his son and all of his descendants so long as they exist. Which of course wasn't very long due to a bout of 'divine genocide'...

The most likely explanations are that Ham either raped or castrated his father.

In biblical contexts uncovering nakedness is a euphemism for illicit sexual activity, in Leviticus in particular, so I struggle to see how it could be honestly interpreted any other way.

But like I said, this must be particularly hard for Christians to accept so your response wasn't entirety surprising, but as far as I can see the inferences to Noah being raped by his son and thus breaking one of the Noahide 'laws' are fairly plain to see.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join