It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahide laws (decapitated if not obeyed!?): will you accept yahweh as God if/when it's enforced?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I found a link to an old blog:

americanholocaustcoming.blogspot.com...

Also, Islam was heavily influenced by he Talmud (no surprises since this closely resembles Islam):

answering-islam.org...

Quranic concepts taken from the Talmud

In the Arabian Peninsula there were many Jewish communities living in the diaspora after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

Many of these were guided by legends (Hagadda, etc.) and Talmudic writings, rather than the Torah.

Many Jews at the time believed that the Talmud had been added to the "preserved tablets" (i.e. to the Ten Commandments, which were kept in the Ark of the Covenant and were believed to be replicas of the heavenly book).

Mohammed added to this the Quran. There are several traditions from Judaism that were accepted by Mohammed and incorporated in Islam:

QIBLA i.e. the direction in which one faces while praying. At first, the direction was towards jerusalem, as was Jewish practice. When the Jews fell into disfavour with Mohammed, however, this was changed to Mecca. (Sura 2:142).

ABRAHAM Whatever Mohammed knew about Abraham is not from the Torah, but from Jewish legends, the source being the Midrash Rabbah (Suras 2:260; 6:74-84; 19:42-50; 21:52-72; 26:70-82; 29:16,17; 37:83-89; 43:26-30 and 60:4).

SATAN'S REFUSAL TO WORSHIP ADAM as reported in Sura 2:34 can also be traced back to the Talmud ("Islam" by A. Guillaume p. 62).

CAIN AND ABEL The way the story of Cain and Abel is related in Sura 5:30-35 shows quite clearly that this is copied from the Targum of Jonathan-ben- Uzziah, the Targum of Jerusalem and Pirke Rabbi Eleazar.

THE VISIT OF THE QUEEN OF SHEBA is related in Sura 27:17ff. We can also determine the source, which evidently is the II Targum of the Book of Esther (paraphrased translation), although Mohammed reports this as to be from the Bible.

HARUT AND MARUT Are two angels mentioned in Sura 2:102. Harut and Marut were idols worshipped in Armenia. Their existence was inspired by Marut, the Hindu god of the wind. We find this story related in the Talmud (Midrash Yalzut, chapter 44).

SEVEN HEAVENS AND SEVEN HELLS as reported of in Sura 15:44 and 17:44, find their source in the tradition called Hagigah and Zuhal.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: chr0naut

I said Gospels, not New Testament. I don't believe in Revelation (as being from God) or the false prophet Paul (who teaches about Jesus being a blood sacrifice for sins instead of just living through Love); and bringing this thread to a debate about Jesus having a connection to yahweh is off topic since this thread is about Noahide Laws stepping on Freedom of Religion. Just because you believe yahweh is God doesn't mean everyone should be forced to (via Noahide Laws).

a reply to: infolurker

Yea, Talmud is probably the worse, but they probably got those ideas from Torah/"old" testament:

Deuteronomy 13:6-9

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

The problem with describing Paul as a false prophet is that he was directly attested to by John the apostle. Also, Paul, his writings and mission were completely accepted by the apostles and early church fathers. Paul did not promote any doctrine that was not in accordance to the gospels and other new testament letters.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Old Testament is full of love and compassion and God turning away his anger against sin if only we repent.

You keep saying god of war, God is a God of justice

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

There is a difference between the determination of transgression of a law and its sentence.

The seven Laws of Noah are as follows:

Do not deny God.
Do not blaspheme God.
Do not murder.
Do not engage in incestuous, adulterous or homosexual relationships.
Do not steal.
Do not eat of a live animal.
Establish courts/legal system to ensure law and obedience.

In essence, the Ten Commandments incorporate these laws.

While the Jewish peoples have acknowledged and upheld these laws, the proscribed punishment does not seem to have been enacted. There is evidence that the legal capability to execute by the sword (beheading) ceased before the destruction of the temple and there are no longer any officers qualified to fit that role.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ummm, no.

There is no decapitation from the Jews because they say the Noahide laws are universal. And the required method of execution under Jewish law was stoning, not decapitation. The Jews haven't stoned anyone for a very long time.

Where do you guys come up with your information?

Just for historical clarification, the Noahide laws were not instituted, they were accepted. The Jews have the law of Moses, but the Noah was a long time before Moses.

From your source

Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws;

This is the Jewish explanation of the universal laws of civilization that all nations have founded their principles upon. The Code of Hammurabi, based on the Noahide.

Since this is about a set of laws long before Judaism even began, long before Zoroastrianism, long before Sargon....those were in the world since civilization began. The Jews only called it Noahide because they considered those laws as coming from that time in history.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
To establish Courts of Justice is the Seventh Commandment of the Noahide Covenant. Also called the Universal Laws. The words Establish Justice in the Preamble is a clear reference to this Universal Noahide Commandment. The Preamble is the Foundation of the US Constitution. Remove the Preamble and we have no Constitution, No Bill of Rights.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PGTWEED

Yes, it's the seventh commandment of the noahide "laws", but The Constitution grants more freedom, such as, freedom of religion.

According to different websites, the punishment for breaking these "laws" was to be put to death.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Do not engage in incestuous, adulterous or homosexual relationships

I'm guessing Noah changed or ignored this particular 'law'....no?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Do not engage in incestuous, adulterous or homosexual relationships

I'm guessing Noah changed or ignored this particular 'law'....no?

Was his wife his gay brother while he was married to a woman?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

No but he and those on the boat were the only surviving animals on the planet after the God slaughtered everyone else so an extensive amount of incestuous love had to happen inorder for the world to repopulate repopulate, no?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No but he and those on the boat were the only surviving animals on the planet after the God slaughtered everyone else so an extensive amount of incestuous love had to happen inorder for the world to repopulate repopulate, no?

It would not have been Noah doing it...he only had the three sons.

It would have been his grandchildren doing it.

Did you know this, I actually saw a comment from a youtube user who said he had no idea that there were gays in the ancient world? He really thought it was a new thing and he only found out about it when the news was talking about gays in ancient Greece.

That is the level of education in the world now...and the funny thing, he was from Greece himself.

I asked him "Have you never heard of Sappho?"

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

No but he and those on the boat were the only surviving animals on the planet after the God slaughtered everyone else so an extensive amount of incestuous love had to happen in order for the world to repopulate repopulate, no?

Noah had three sons, Shem, Ham & Japeth, who brought their wives (Remember that in their culture, a man could have several wives as well as concubines).

The offspring of the sons of Noah would be cousins and could intermarry. Even today, cousin marriage is not considered as incestuous in the Middle East and over half of all marriages in those countries are cousin marriages. Cousin marriage was legal in all states of the US before the civil war.

The account in Genesis includes genealogies and lists all the sons of Noah and their sons.

Instead of casting aspersions based upon supposition, you could perhaps, read the account. Not hard to do.

edit on 4/5/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Aah yeah if people inexplicably excuse cousin-love then I guess that just leaves Ham and his father......

Why weren't they beheaded?

edit on 4-5-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Aah yeah if people inexplicably excuse cousin-love then I guess that just leaves Ham and his father......

Why weren't they beheaded?

Wow you must be a biblical scholar of some not Prezbo, you seem to know everything, care to explain what happened. I always wanted to know
So Prezbo, tell us all the truth, what did happen.

Just as an aside, there was justice dealt if you care to read the whole text. Chopping peoples heads off and stoning them was the law, compassion and forgiveness existed as well. I guess you would be more of Pharisee, an upholder of the law under all circumstance

So please go ahead and tell us what happened

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Double post, oops
edit on b2015Mon, 04 May 2015 10:24:37 -050053120151am312015-05-04T10:24:37-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Chopping peoples heads off and stoning them was the law, compassion and forgiveness existed as well.

Lol

Oh you x

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Chopping peoples heads off and stoning them was the law, compassion and forgiveness existed as well.

Lol

Oh you x

I never expect answers from anyone on this forum

Yeah me talking to you about your seemingly favorite topic....again

You seem obsessed with religion, that strikes me strange

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I never expect answers from anyone on this forum

Nope, you personally really shouldn't expect a reply....

Yeah me talking to you about your seemingly favorite topic....again

You seem obsessed with religion, that strikes me strange

I'm kinda fascinated by those that are able to compartmentalize in 2015 and believe in supernatural beings with super powers.

Hope that helps!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'm kinda fascinated by those that are able to compartmentalize in 2015 and believe in supernatural beings with super powers.

Hope that helps!

You know what
I totally agree with you.
Its the damndest thing that a grown adult believes in God that doesnt seem to be active in the world

though you dont believe in any supernatural things at all, aliens, ghosts,spirits. i am surprised you are on here.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Well alien life isn't claimed to be supernatural and neither are most things on this website.

Creationists aren't supernatural either but they're the most interesting of all.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join