It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Debuts the Tesla Powerwall

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I heard tell of these battery panels but this is the first time I have seen it in the public like this, I thought Tesla was going to put these in there cars first.

This would revolutionize humanity if true, but would make fossil fuel (oil in particular) of no use, other then carbon panels. I don't mean to repeat what I'm sure others have posted, it goes to my point.

Go to your imagination state of mind and imagine what the world would do if oil was no longer needed. For you really smart people out there, what percentage of the worlds economy comes from fossil fuels and what would happen to the world economy if oil became worthless ??

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this in my life time, it would be the first real move towards humans not killing each other... once the wars were over because of the effects this will or would have on the world, I wonder if Musk has thought of the consequence's what he is doing will have . IMO

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The established, myriad billion-dollar fossil fuel-based energy supply industry won't be ceding to 'wall batteries' any time soon. That, you can take to the bank!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: machineintelligence

On second pass these packs X2 would produce the same storage bank: www.alibaba.com...

Less than $600 for equal storage as the Tesla 10K guaranteed delivery of 1000 Piece/Pieces per Month. I think the Chinese are going to eat into Tesla orders for these babies.

Edit to add: I might be quite wrong and the number of these packs to be equal would be 3X packs or $900 top side wholesale price range still a lot cheaper. Also delivery is within 25days after getting 30% deposit not 3-4 months for a Tesla pack.

I think you need to look closer at the specs... The Chinese battery is 10 lbs, only 48V @ 10Ah which = 480WH...
It would take 20 of those batteries to equal the Tesla battery, which is 450V (And 220lbs, so the proportions make sense...)
The Chinese often like to overstate their battery capacity, or in this case it just might be a mistake.

www.teslamotors.com...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I thought one of the Powerwall might power the electrical system in my motor home.

No luck the Powerwall has a output of 350 to 450 volts dc.

My motor home needs 12 volt dc and 120 volts AC.

The Powerwall is designed for one purpose that is home owners that are making power from solar and selling it to the power companies (gridtie systems).

For years these people have complained that they have this large solar system on the roof and when a power outage happens they lose power too just like everyone else.
The powerwall is not for offgriders or running a home cheaply off solar.
edit on 7-5-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
At least there is one sane wealthy person in the world that is putting his money to good use.

It is really sad that we are spewing all this fossil fuel excrement when all that is needed is a small parcel of land to power the entire country. I am certain TPTB knows this but probably has a self interest in keeping the old method of power generation in place.

Elon is my hero.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join