It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Prisoner in Van Said Freddie Gray Was ‘banging against the walls’ During Ride

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I also posted that for the benefit ofany other "creepy canadians" who may want to chime in. Besides doesnt ANNETT has some chicken bones to investigate.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

What? Are you talking to me?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes you. Apparently you are wrong that they strap people in and you were wrong regarding that imbecile annett and the chicken bones. Deny Ignorance?
edit on 30-4-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: andy1972

originally posted by: damwel
Isn't it odd that people are killing themselves to try and make innocent police officers look like murderous thugs. RIGHT!

No, they are trying to make the police look like thugs because it ends in a big "Pay Day" but this time maybe it went wrong...

Everyone knows that sueing the PD ends in big bucks with the amount of schyster lawyers that there are working the police departments.

Then the police should have done their due diligence, and buckled the guy in, as protocol dictates. All things considered, Freddie Grey's death will prove to be VERY expensive!

Except that is not the protocol. Apparently they dont strap people in as to (quote form news) "not invade their space"

No you are 100% wrong, that was a family member saying why in this particular case they didn't follow it that day.
It is protocol to strap them in.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Strmmos, it was on the news just a while ago. A bail bondsman stated that they do NOT strap people in. I quoted directly from the source. Hence the quote marks.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I don't care what you heard from a bail bonds man.
The PD had already said it was against policy.

You think your could provide a linked soure for it?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I don't care what you heard from a bail bonds man.
The PD had already said it was against policy.

You think your could provide a linked soure for it?

I just heard it on either CNN or FOX as i am switching between the two. Think about it, how are you going to keep them strapped in anyway?

So from what they said, they do not strap people in. They are in cubicles. From what i can gather as i have never been in a baltimore police wagon.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Police Commisioner Batts said officers ARE meant to strap people in, he iterated that in the news and via print media that I have read over the last 2 days..

Apparently IT IS police policy: www.cbc.ca...
edit on 1-5-2015 by ThaEnigma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThaEnigma

Police Commisioner Batts said officers ARE meant to strap people in, he iterated that in the news and via print media that I have read over the last 2 days..

That was verbatim what i heard from a good source on the news just about an hour ago. It was on the major 24 hour news channels.

Now, think about it anyway. How are they supposed to strap people in where they could not get out AND avoid law suits?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

"The news" ~ Harvin, surely you know better than to trust everything the news reports...!? In my line of work, I deal with sh*theads all the time... I'm still required to be balanced and fair in verbal and physical confrontations no matter what... Freddie Gray was no saint, but he deserved the same treatment as anyone else...
edit on 1-5-2015 by ThaEnigma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThaEnigma

"The news" ~ Harvin, surely you know better than to trust everything the news reports...!? In my line of work, I deal with sh*theads all the time... I'm still required to be balanced and fair in verbal and physical confrontations no matter what... Freddie Gray was no saint, but he deserved the same treatment as anyone else...

Well we will wait and see. Thing is, the person i quoted from the news was not a reporter but someone in the trenches, so to speak, and he said they are NOT strapped in. And besides, all that van has to do is turn over and someone gets hurt while strapped in and the lawyers will hone in like sharks...And then Baltimore would really be broke.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

You are wrong and must have heard it wrong.

And what do you mean how would they keep them strapped in... are you unfamiliar with how a seat belt works?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

So your logic is you are better off not strapped in during a roll over then if you are???

Again, fundamentally wrong.
The bigger lawsuit is if the person was not strapped ans injured.

The policy comes from the PD.
I think you heard some one talk about how the PD had a history of not strapping people in when they should have been.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I believe the article about as much as I believe reports of people committing suicide by shooting themselves in the head 3 times.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You are wrong and must have heard it wrong.

And what do you mean how would they keep them strapped in... are you unfamiliar with how a seat belt works?

Even if you are hand cuffed it is not impossible to unfasten a seat belt is it? You can be handcuffed behind your back and still unfasten a seat belt.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Sure, but I doubt their system works that way. I just used that cause you asked how some one could be strapped down.

I would think theirs locks cause they shouldn't want people lose, for their safety and the person being transported.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Second Man in Police Transport Speaks Out

Allen described what he heard:

"When I got into the van, I didn't hear nothing. It was a smooth ride. We went straight to the police station. All I heard was a little banging for about four seconds. I just heard a litle banging, just little banging."

www.wbaltv.com...

That sort of contradicts Freddie being irate, banging around the van and trying to injure himself, doesn't it?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I am sure that guy was promised things to give false testimony

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I did not realize you posted this last night, as I posted the same story this morning.

Glad he's setting the record straight!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Donta Allen - man in police van with Mr Gray refutes WaPo story

Gray was already in the van when cops arrested Allen on stealing accusations. Because of a barrier dividing the rear of the police van into two sections, Allen didn't see Gray and initially didn't realize that there was another passenger inside the vehicle.

"There's no place where a man can hurt himself in there," Allen said.

The Washington Post story that cited the police document immediately came under attack by other reporters, such as WBAL's Jayna Miller, who has reported Gray was unresponsive when police locked him inside the van.

Allen on Thursday distanced himself from what investigators say he told them.

"I told homicide that. I don't work for the police," he said in the WBAL interview. "I did not tell the police nothing."

So those of you who believed him yesterday - do you believe him today?

Combined with the "unreported" police stop of the van - the police find themselves caught in yet another of their deceptions.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join