It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Prisoner in Van Said Freddie Gray Was ‘banging against the walls’ During Ride

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

This is not accurate.

The very first reports that came out about the ride in the van stated that Mr. Gray was "irate" NOT "mostly quiet".

This has been stated since the story first broke.

Not hard to imagine when you see his actions outside the van.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Ya him not being able to see him is a huge deal.
You can't hear if someone is doing something intentionally, you can only see that .

You can think and assume all you want but that is not a fact.

You may not have sympathy but we have a thing called due process in this country and a man getting killed on his way to jail is not part of that.

And you should sympathize with the rioters, they are just people taking advantage of thing he situation and could care less.

But they were not the majority, majority of the peolle were peaceful.

I find it hilarious that you say you take the guys word for it in this post but then refute when the chief says he said gray was quite.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So he is flip flopping now.

I think he wad pretty hurt by the time he got in the van with Freddie. It was a pretty good distance that they traveled with Freddie and not prisoner b.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It's utterly ridiculous isn't it..his larynx was crushed and spine severed..no f'n way he did that to himself..the kind of person who falls for this narrative is the same type that believes suicide via multiple shots to the back of the head.
The Larynx is the one I really think about.
edit on 30-4-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I have yet to see him say he was quiet.

The very FIRST reports about this case said he was irate or agitated during the ride in the van.

No one is flopping. You have bought into the hive mentality's version of events and refuse to accept the facts.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

anyone who buys this bs is obviously playing for the wrong team. i love how the state can use the same tactics as a child. no different from a criminal splitting the loot with another just to corroborate his alibi. except in this case it takes a week to notify the thugs with badges of the official story, so they can keep it straight. this kind of stuff makes me feel like there is only one recourse for such scum.
edit on 30-4-2015 by fixitwcw because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah I read the thread yesterday that said he was in a accident. Then I read another thread with actual real sources that said it was his father Fred C Gray.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Isn't there cameras in the vehicles?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

This is not accurate.

The very first reports that came out about the ride in the van stated that Mr. Gray was "irate" NOT "mostly quiet".

This has been stated since the story first broke.

Not hard to imagine when you see his actions outside the van.

Yes, it was driver of the van who said Freddie was irate, not the prisoner. But there was a statement from the Police Commissioner who said the witness told him Freddie was mostly quiet. Of course, I've been looking all over for these articles and can't find them now.

However, this article from April 20:

"Sources told the 11 News I-Team that the van made a third stop to pick up another prisoner. At that location, sources said, Gray was unresponsive."

www.wbaltv.com...

This contradicts what the witness is now claiming, that Freddie was banging on the walls as if trying to injure himself.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Thanks, Doc, is nice to know the facts when it comes to injuries, I guess the symptoms posted in the link I offered are generic, I understand that people can present the injuries in many other ways and can indeed no follow any known pattern.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yes I read that also along with the spine it was also damage to his Larynx, but the concentration of information is on the spine injury, even when the larynx could show of the extend of perhaps deliberated injuries to his person.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Have you got any more information? I been gone for my last physical therapy section, I see that I have missed a lot of the latest news.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

You are confusing who is saying what.
You also have yet to see anyone say it, only read what a reporter has reported
The officer's are the ones that said he was irate after the second stop.

The police commissioner told a reporter that the prisoner told him he was quite on the ride.
So there is conflicting stories out there.

If I have bought into the hive mentality then you have bought into it as well just on the other side.

You want to take a man's word that couldn't see a damn thing and that is also possibly giving out mixed accounts, but I am the one with the hive mentality.

Oh and please enlighten us with the facts that you have!!!

You seriously want to try and say I am refusing to accept fact??
How about you blindly accepting things that fit your preconceived notion as such.
There is no facts other then mr gray was responsive when he was put in the van and not so much when he was finally taken out
edit on thThu, 30 Apr 2015 13:22:38 -0500America/Chicago420153880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Two recent developments (First in THIS post):

Police: Van carrying Gray made another stop
Accounts cast doubt on police brutality angle of events

(CNN) —Police have handed their Freddie Gray investigative files over to prosecutors a day earlier than planned, police officials said Thursday, adding that newly discovered evidence in the case indicates the transport van made a previously unreported stop before delivering Gray to the precinct.

At the same press conference, Deputy Commissioner Kevin Davis revealed for the first time that there was a fourth stop made between the time Gray was placed in the transport van and when he arrived at the police department's Western District building.

Last week, Davis said there were three stops: the first to put leg irons on Gray, the second "to deal with Mr. Gray" (an incident, he said, that remained under investigation) and the third to pick up a prisoner in an unrelated matter.

The new stop, which "was discovered from a privately owned camera," Davis said Thursday, came between the first and second stops.

The latest revelations came shortly after two new accounts of what happened to Gray emerged -- threads that could offer clues as to where and when the man whose death sparked protests in Baltimore was fatally injured.

The first comes from a relative of one of the officers involved in the arrest. She told CNN the officer thinks Gray was injured while he was being arrested -- before he was put inside a police van.

The second is an account from a prisoner who was in the same police van, as published in The Washington Post. The prisoner reportedly told investigators he thought Gray "was intentionally trying to injure himself."

MORE:
www.kmbc.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
SECOND development:

Source: Officer believes Gray injured during arrest

The woman who spoke to CNN did so on the condition of anonymity. She is related to the officer but said the officer didn't request the interview.

The relative said she worries all six of the officers who encountered Gray, 25, during his April 12 arrest will be incriminated when only some might be responsible.

"Six officers did not injure this man," she said. "Six officers didn't put him in the hospital. I'm worried that instead of them figuring out who did, that six officers are going to be punished behind something that maybe one or two or even three officers may have done to Freddie Gray."

She also told CNN that the officer doesn't know how Gray was injured but said he believes it happened during the arrest.

"He believes that Freddie Gray was injured outside the paddy wagon," the relative said.

She also gave an explanation of why Gray was not buckled into the police van: He appeared belligerent.

"They didn't want to reach over him. You were in a tight space in the paddy wagon. He's already irate," she said.

"He still has his teeth, and he still has his saliva. So in order to seat-belt somebody you have to get in their personal space. They're not going to get in his personal space if he's already irate."

Batts, the police commissioner, has said Gray should have been buckled in.

"We know he was not buckled in the transport wagon, as he should've been. No excuses for that, period," Batts said last week.

As for when Gray suffered a severe spinal injury, Batts said there was "potential" it could have happened either in or outside the police van.

www.kmbc.com...

edit on 30-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 30-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

edit on 30-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yes that was the interview yesterday by the unanimous person, the person speaking clearly a women put the possible blame on Gray getting the injury while on the floor been tackle by police.

Thanks for the information I was trying to find on the undisclosed until now stop.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I can bs on them not wanting to invade his personal space to buckle him.

Holding his head would remedy the issues that was brought up.

IMO, and it is just opinion, they wanted to give him a rough ride and that is what he got.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

When do Police care about personal space with regards to arrest? There only concern is that you are secured so you cannot harm them or yourself.

Far to rough a ride, or so it seems.

edit on 30-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'll be very interested to know the where and why of the formerly undisclosed stop.
Apparently, the police only admitted to it after a store camera picked up the stop on video.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Thinks of that makes you wonder how much more they are hiding, it doesn't make things look good for them and the Capt J Eric Kowalczyk didn't want to talk about it, telling that is an un going investigation, hell all you have to answer is yes or not to what was been asked.

Darn that makes him look dirty and like a cover up.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join