It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did prophet Muhammed (pbuh) marry Aisha at such young age (9)?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Having sex with a child is immoral now and it was immoral back then, just like slavery. Just because it was common doesn't mean we shouldn't condemn it for what it is, child rape.

I agree. What is objectively right and wrong do not change. What evolves is human understanding of right and wrong. Some souls got it thousands of years ago. Some souls have no clue even now.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: abe froman
ALL men are weak and have failings, I would never emulate a man, I would emulate the good qualities I have seen displayed by many.... if I was a follower.

All of your religions are equally stupid.

I would; I'd try to emulate Jesus Christ.

Only because he was morally infallible.

Source?
Jesus killing his enemies:

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. (From the NIV Bible, Revelation 2:22-23)"

"I will strike her children dead" doesn't sound morally infallible to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Times were different back then.

He probably didn't evily rape her. He might have clothed her, housed her and fed her.

(granted, it was probably a kids meal, but those come with a toy)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Times were different back then.

He probably didn't evily rape her. He might have clothed her, housed her and fed her.

(granted, it was probably a kids meal, but those come with a toy)

And that is called a sex slave.

LOL kids meal. Did she get an apple and milk with her chicken nuggets?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The guy in the video talked about miracles concerning knowing about Mohammad but on that topic I think David Hume the Scottish philosopher hit it on the head, when he sarcastically commented

"Why was it that miracles only happened in remote times and places?"

Can anyone today logically claim miracles happened and where is their proof, as indeed the man in the video offered absolutely none, except his demanding acceptance of all he said. My thinking, its a miracle if anyone believed him.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
The guy in the video talked about miracles concerning knowing about Mohammad but on that topic I think David Hume the Scottish philosopher hit it on the head, when he sarcastically commented

Can anyone today logically claim miracles happened and where is their proof, as indeed the man in the video offered absolutely none, except his demanding acceptance of all he said. My thinking, its a miracle if anyone believed him.

Yes, there were at least 3 who believed him, they flagged the OP.

I notice the OP took my advice and ducked out.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

ElectricFeel, I watched the video. I watched and have never seen someone try so hard to convince others that something that wrong was right. They only way to accept what was said in the video is to be a Muslim who has their eyes tightly shut while closing their ears to truth and reality. As such you may as well stop reading here as it does not matter to you anything else I will have to say.

The only justification for Muhammed in taking a 6 year old bride is "because Allah told me to". That's it. If that is the case, then it is Allah who was promoting pedophilia. It was also said that Muhammed did not have 'a wandering eye'. And we know this because... well, we don't. It was said so in the video with nothing backing it up other than the argument of 'because I said so'.

So we now know that either Allah or Muhammed promoted pedophilia.

Next we have the argument that two 'upstanding' parents would never let their young daughter be taken to be used as a sex slave. However this happens even today. Look at Warren Jeffs. Look at any modern cult. Parents giving up their young child happens way too often. And in the case of the parents of Aisha, it was their leader, their prophet who came to them saying "Um, Allah told me to do this, yeah, that's it, Allah said so". So that argument falls flat on it's face. How many people of that time would defy their leader and god and risk condemnation?

The parents gave away their child because in reality, they didn't have an option to not say okay.

Aisha became a great teacher. So what? There are many women who overcome sexual abuse and become great leaders. It in no way justifies having sex with a 9 year old. Rape and pedophilia is what it is despite ANY excuse someone may come up with. It is the strength of the person who rises above the torture and abuse that we admire, and we should always condemn the horror they had to suffer.

Aisha became a great leader despite the abuse she suffered.

But that is what they did in their time. They also stoned people to death. Is that okay also? Is that the result of a civilized society? The Jews killed whole cities down to children and babies. Do we say "oh, it's okay. It's just what they did back then. Silly Jews"? Or do we understand that all human life is valuable.

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are the only groups to try and justify the most inhumane behavior and monstrosities on the excuse "because my god said so". And if you try to show them the ignorance of their ways, then you are only worthy of death.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
The enemies of prophet Muhammed (pbuh) insulted Muhammed with all kinds of insults, but never did they call him a peadophile. How come?
This video gives you good information about prophet Muhammed's marriage with Aisha.

Edit: A lot of the negative comments you see are from those who haven't seen the video. No matter what you'll tell them, they will never care to listen. Please watch this video and form your own opinion

Can't speak to Mohammad personally, but it was very common up till 150 years ago to marry a child but not concemate the marrage till years later. Espeacially in the cultures who practiced polygamy.

Like I said tho, not at all sure about Mohammad specifically.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Yes, there were at least 3 who believed him, they flagged the OP.

I notice the OP took my advice and ducked out.

Great Question!!!!! Same with all the religions!!! Either they happened 2000 years ago so any evidence or personal accounts are lost or it's like Mormonism where Appearently god was playing hide and go seek with everyone but the prophet (charlatan)!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dark age philosophies and beliefs have no place in modern society. Messed up.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingTheWorld

ElectricFeel, I watched the video. I watched and have never seen someone try so hard to convince others that something that wrong was right. They only way to accept what was said in the video is to be a Muslim who has their eyes tightly shut while closing their ears to truth and reality. As such you may as well stop reading here as it does not matter to you anything else I will have to say.

The only justification for Muhammed in taking a 6 year old bride is "because Allah told me to". That's it. If that is the case, then it is Allah who was promoting pedophilia. It was also said that Muhammed did not have 'a wandering eye'. And we know this because... well, we don't. It was said so in the video with nothing backing it up other than the argument of 'because I said so'.

So we now know that either Allah or Muhammed promoted pedophilia.

Next we have the argument that two 'upstanding' parents would never let their young daughter be taken to be used as a sex slave. However this happens even today. Look at Warren Jeffs. Look at any modern cult. Parents giving up their young child happens way too often. And in the case of the parents of Aisha, it was their leader, their prophet who came to them saying "Um, Allah told me to do this, yeah, that's it, Allah said so". So that argument falls flat on it's face. How many people of that time would defy their leader and god and risk condemnation?

The parents gave away their child because in reality, they didn't have an option to not say okay.

Aisha became a great teacher. So what? There are many women who overcome sexual abuse and become great leaders. It in no way justifies having sex with a 9 year old. Rape and pedophilia is what it is despite ANY excuse someone may come up with. It is the strength of the person who rises above the torture and abuse that we admire, and we should always condemn the horror they had to suffer.

Aisha became a great leader despite the abuse she suffered.

But that is what they did in their time. They also stoned people to death. Is that okay also? Is that the result of a civilized society? The Jews killed whole cities down to children and babies. Do we say "oh, it's okay. It's just what they did back then. Silly Jews"? Or do we understand that all human life is valuable.

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are the only groups to try and justify the most inhumane behavior and monstrosities on the excuse "because my god said so". And if you try to show them the ignorance of their ways, then you are only worthy of death.

Christianity and judism did no invent atrocities in the name of some random god. They helped perfect it maybe :p, but it's nothing as new as 2000 years ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Back in M's day, weren't women/girls simply property to be bought, sold, traded, used and thrown away?...like a goat, sheep, or a pig?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Joseph who? I need a scripture to prove this bub. a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Nice thread lol, no agenda behing pushed here, all i can say is that Using your logic all people that lived and got maried before the 20th century where pedophiles.

This is true, and spanned throughout all cultures.

While ages from 10 to 13 were typically regarded as acceptable ages for sexual consent in Western countries during the mid-19th century,[1] by the end of the 19th century changing attitudes towards sexuality and childhood resulted in the raising of the age of consent.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-4-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It is amazing how crazy everyone is getting over their religion. I feel like most people only study the good parts and present that. I was raised Catholic and spent time in the Middle East and I have to say each religion is just as #ing stupid as the other. I've seen scripture quoted in an attempt to put down the other religion. I could find numerous examples of scripture that is completely #ed up in about any religion.

Go back in history not even that far. Benjamin Franklin had a 15 yr old girl friend. Are all Americans hedophiles because of it? I'm sure I could find numerous examples of way older "powerful" men dating younger women or having an arranged marriage cause it benefited the families from all over the world.

From a biological standpoint when a woman has her period she is able to reproduce.

All you fanatical religious freaks who can't be tolerant of others need your own island where you all kill each other...and then whoever is left can live in happiness finally.
edit on 29-4-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

In the older Sura's (texts that make up the Koran written by Muhammed's followers after his death) before it was edited by later islamic scholars he married her at the age of SIX (6) and she went bald on the first night, the Sura talks about how she brought her doll's with her, she was regarded as Diseased or Unclean in accordance with Islamic law since her hair had fallen out (Trauma induced shock) and he then it is said he did not know her (again) until her hair started to grow back at the age of NINE (9).

As you know the saudi royal family are his descendant's,

I believe in God but My god is not and I will swear this, my god is not the god of Islam, he is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and Jesus who is his son and was Crucified despite 600 year's later a new religions claims he was not.

edit on 30-4-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If you want to call Mohammad a pedophile, then you also have to do the same to Joseph from the Bible. He married Mary when she was 13.

Though like has already been stated, this was common practice in their time. So I don't call any of those people pedophiles.

I think you got one of your vowels wrong in your name.
Care to justify that statement or just trolling

As for Muhammad, yeah disgusting perverted sick paedophile, should have been castrated

marrying a six year old, what a .....
i dont watch youtube videos op, silly to put it up without an explanation
edit on b2015Thu, 30 Apr 2015 04:40:55 -050043020154am302015-04-30T04:40:55-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

ALL men are weak and have failings, I would never emulate a man, I would emulate the good qualities I have seen displayed by many.... if I was a follower.

All of your religions are equally stupid.

I would; I'd try to emulate Jesus Christ.

Only because he was morally infallible.

Source?
Jesus killing his enemies:

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. (From the NIV Bible, Revelation 2:22-23)"

"I will strike her children dead" doesn't sound morally infallible to me.

i wonder if you think this is literal or its a spiritual description, naaah it doesnt matter

Shake my head and walk away from some peoples capacitys

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Muahmmed was a 7th century pedophile with extremist religious views and a god complex.

Is this really open for debate?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If you want to call Mohammad a pedophile, then you also have to do the same to Joseph from the Bible. He married Mary when she was 13.

Though like has already been stated, this was common practice in their time. So I don't call any of those people pedophiles.

I think you got one of your vowels wrong in your name.
Care to justify that statement or just trolling

What? Everything I said is widely agreed upon by Historians. Joseph, as an old man, DEFINITELY married Mary when she was a young teenager. He MAY have waited until after Mary gave birth to Jesus (I really doubt that since I don't believe that Mary could have been divinely impregnated), but that is DEFINITELY an example of an adult having sex with a minor.

As for Muhammad, yeah disgusting perverted sick paedophile, should have been castrated

marrying a six year old, what a .....
i dont watch youtube videos op, silly to put it up without an explanation

Allegedly, I'm not so sure I believe this story anymore. After all it was reported 200 years after Muhammad died, AND the story doesn't show up in the Quran. If anything, Aisha was probably around the same age as Mary when Muhammad married her. That sounds more believable than marrying a six year old.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join