It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did prophet Muhammed (pbuh) marry Aisha at such young age (9)?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Just about every major religion has some #ed up story in it...they are all equally ridiculous unless of course your god is real..then im totally joking.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
"And the difference is this.. Jews and Christians are never permitted to lie. "

And yet muslims are all liars cause Islam promotes lying rather than calling it a "major sin" .

christians also never lie . cause they're all truely saints . warminglady never lies , God FORBID if he/she lies about his/her religion .

warminglday is a freaking saint .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

That is only true on a basic religious level. For one lying is just as bad of a sin in Islam as it is in any other religion.

The Seventeenth Greater Sin: Lying

But Muslims also admit that there are times where lying is necessary (basically they are admitting that even sins have exceptions). To be honest, that's a bit more realistic than Christians and Jews denouncing these activities altogether (after all, everyone lies).

Lying (Taqiyya and Kitman)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I hope God is a giant rabbit that enjoys scotch and bacon.

Because I will be SO IN!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Sorry dude, God is a huge Ferrris Bueller fan and he drinks bourbon.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: beezzer
Sorry dude, God is a huge Ferrris Bueller fan and he drinks bourbon.

Dammit!

Um, apologies.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
and then people wonder why the likes of ISIS and al-qaeda came into light in middle east only in the last 50-60 years . cause dumb fvcks like you exist in the world .

That's that free speech problem..

The pope says to check your free speech, and if you disrespect his mother, he'll punch you in the face.

Case in point:
(That's the name of my new reality series)

www.mintpressnews.com...

MANILA, Philippines — Pope Francis said there are limits to freedom of speech, especially when it insults or ridicules someone’s faith, in comments that the Vatican later said Friday did not mean justifying the attack on the satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo.

“If my good friend Dr. Gasbarri says a curse word against my mother, he can expect a punch,” Francis said half-jokingly, throwing a mock punch his way. “It’s normal. You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others.”

And that's his good friend.

So, considering he's the Vicar of Christ, that's some serious #.

en.wikipedia.org...
As the original notion a vicar is of "earthly representative of God or Christ" but also used in sense of "person acting as parish priest in place of a real parson"[1] The title is now used in Catholicism to refer to the bishops[2] and more specifically to the Bishop of Rome (the pope).[3]

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

"And the difference is this.. Jews and Christians are never permitted to lie. "

And yet muslims are all liars cause Islam promotes lying rather than calling it a "major sin" .

christians also never lie . cause they're all truely saints . warminglady never lies , God FORBID if he/she lies about his/her religion .

warminglday is a freaking saint .

Compared to Mohammed, I am absolutely a freaking saint compared to him.

Even the atheists on ATS are freaking saints compared to him.

Even the pagans and Wiccans are freaking saints compared to him.

But you....what does that say for you? Defend the evil man because you don't want to admit he was a lying, murdering adulterer, even though the rest of the world knows it.

I would rather sit and listen to an atheist bash my religion all day long than have to hear Muslim defend a lying, murdering adulterer.

And you know what? We don't say the atheists should be stoned for not believing. And guess what, we have apostates from Christianity, they are on ATS all day long and not one time has any Christian ever threatened their lives.

Even our apostates are freaking saints compared to Mohammed. And we aren't killing them.

But now, tell us all on here, what is the recommended punishment be for me as a woman who denounces Allah and Mohammed?

What do you recommend from your Quran what should happen to me?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Oh come on man,
Now you're just going too far.

At least he believed in one God.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That is only true on a basic religious level. For one lying is just as bad of a sin in Islam as it is in any other religion.

But Muslims also admit that there are times where lying is necessary (basically they are admitting that even sins have exceptions). To be honest, that's a bit more realistic than Christians and Jews denouncing these activities altogether (after all, everyone lies).

Taghiya is not a ruling by the holy book itself .

Taghiya is for someone who is on the verge of being killed for his/her beliefs , then he/she is allowed to tell a lie and its not a sin .

Actually Islam is very strict when it comes to Lying .

www.islamreligion.com...

“That God may reward the truthful for their truthfulness, and punish the hypocrites if He wills, or turn mercifully towards them...” (Quran 33:24)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How I think of this argument:

For a teaching to be divine the followers can not do wrong if they follow the teaching. The fruit of a good tree cannot be bad.

Maybe Muhammed was inspired by god/the divine. Even if he was his teachings are not purely divine and flawless. To say it clearly they are flawed since people like the wahhabism can use them to justify killing. The only thing a muslim will have to do is define corruption in a way that he likes and he can use the Quran to justify killing anyone.

Quran 5:32

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

This is just bad ambiguous teachings. There are other souls who do not make "the misstakes" in teaching as Muhammed do. To name a few Yeshua, Rumi, Nanak and Buddha. Compared to them Muhammed:s teachings do not measure up and are logically flawed and brainwashing (faith) is needed for the logical mind to become blind.

The only information I have gotten from the other side of the veil is to make sure I follow the golden rule and do no harm. I suggest all other souls do the same regardless of you view of god/divine.
edit on 29-4-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
The enemies of prophet Muhammed (pbuh) insulted Muhammed with all kinds of insults, but never did they call him a peadophile. How come?

The main reason is that we can't apply contemporary sensibilities to the sixth century. Child marriages at that time were quite common for a number of reasons… and, in fact, was often encouraged.

Even the Catholic church sanctioned marriages with girls as young as 10 at the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Oh come on man,
Now you're just going too far.

At least he believed in one God.

Yes, he believed in a god.

We are talking about the actions of the man and those who emulate him. Had they not decided to call him that, this conversation might not be happening.

The whole difference is in those who emulate him and his life.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

The enemies of prophet Muhammed (pbuh) insulted Muhammed with all kinds of insults, but never did they call him a peadophile. How come?

The main reason is that we can't apply contemporary sensibilities to the sixth century. Child marriages at that time were quite common for a number of reasons… and, in fact, was often encouraged.

Even the Catholic church sanctioned marriages with girls as young as 10 at the time.

And we have discovered since then that it is abusive.

The problem is that they don't think it is abusive, that's why they keep doing sanctioned by their ideology.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Taghiya is not a ruling by the holy book itself .

Taghiya is for someone who is on the verge of being killed for his/her beliefs , then he/she is allowed to tell a lie and its not a sin .

Actually Islam is very strict when it comes to Lying .

www.islamreligion.com...

“That God may reward the truthful for their truthfulness, and punish the hypocrites if He wills, or turn mercifully towards them...” (Quran 33:24)

Still not approved in Christianity. We are to proclaim our faith even in the face of death.

Proverbs 14:5 A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies.

Is your witness of your faith true? Then you need not lie. But if you lie to protect your faith, then you are faithless. Perhaps Mohammed forgot the prophet Dawood when he said it is ok to commit taqqiyah?

We can only judge him by what he said and did.
The truth about Taqqiyah

Quran 48:29, do you agree with this?

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers*. – (Q48:29)

When you say don't lie, you just mean don't lie to other Muslims..isn't that the real context? You can lie to us all day long, just not to other Muslims.

That's still telling a lie. It is still falsehood. There's your holy book, do you agree that you may be ruthless to us?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

You're ATS owner right ?

Freedom of speech is allowed here to a level that the prophet of 1 billion people can be called peadophile ? muslims can be called animals ? and islam a $h!tty religion ?

Hmm . insulting back would for sure reduce me to their level . so go on .

By calling our prophet a peadophile , he doesn't become one . by calling me an animal , i don't become one either .

So insult us till your hair turns gray

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You are seeing an insult where there isn't one. SO's point is valid. We are equating 21st century ethics on a 7th century world. We think marriage and we automatically think sex is involved. That's TODAY. In the past there were many different reasons for marriage. Consolidation of power and influence are a biggie. Just because there is a marriage it doesn't equate to sex.

edit on 29-4-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I believe in God that hates those who destroys children faith and innocence. No matter what religion one belongs, i am quite sure that there is no loop holes around it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I just read something interesting. Why is it forbidden anyway for you guys to eat pork when your Quran says it is ok?

Quran 5:5 This day are all things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. Lawful unto you in marriage are chaste women who are believers, and chaste women from among the People of the Book, revealed before your time.

Pork is lawful for Christians, and as we are the People of the Book, it is lawful for you as well.

Surat Al-Ma'idah [5:5]

Was it abrogated? You won't know unless you read Hadith....
edit on 4/29/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Having sex with a child is immoral now and it was immoral back then, just like slavery. Just because it was common doesn't mean we shouldn't condemn it for what it is, child rape.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join