It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deli Shut Down After Owner Doesn't Understand Racism:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

All of American heritage is 'white heritage', while black people had theirs taken from them......do you history much?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

All of American heritage is 'white heritage', while black people had theirs taken from them......do you history much?

I do history more than you my fried.

All people have been subject of slavery. That is not strictly a domain of blacks.

My Irish ancestors where subjected to every bit of harsh treatment black slaves were. And had their heritage taken from them equally.

That doesn't fit your monopoly on victimization though so you choose to be ignorant and ignore that.

I see you don't address what I said in my original post.
edit on 14-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No you're just attempting to play the victim.....and it comes across as kinda pathetic tbh.

If all the whites in America had been shipped over as slaves you might have a point, but they wernt so you don't....

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I love how people do something so incredibly stupid and then say they were "forced" out of business! Yes, he's free to put up the sign. people are free to boycott his business.

Incredibly stupid, to celebrate your own hertiage?! I think the people that are protesting him are incredibly stupid for being hypocritical asses and attacking someone for no good reason. Why doesn't he get freedom of speech that we're all supposed to have?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No you're just attempting to play the victim.....and it comes across as kinda pathetic tbh.

If all the whites in America had been shipped over as slaves you might have a point, but they wernt so you don't....

And neither were you, your parents, your grand parents, or your great grand parents so you playing the victim comes off as every bit as pathetic.

And me attempting to play the victim? Get real. I see you want that monopoly so bad you imagine encroachment when it is not even there.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'd bet real money this guy's business was failing before he put that sign up.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Why doesn't he get freedom of speech that we're all supposed to have?

How did the government curtail his freedom of speech?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Are people not also equally free to support an innocent pizza shop owner after answering an ambush question by an irresponsible reporter? I seem to remember you loony leftists up in arms over that.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Aren't today's third world slavers predominately black? Wasn't there a lot of white slavery throughout history? Making slavery a white thing seems kind of... Well, racist.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

It's quite amazing how many people claim to have native American ancestry despite natives being only 0.08% of the population.....

You would be surprised at how many of those few are full-blooded. A friend of mine is married to a full-blooded Alaskan Native. Full-blooded Natives definitely do still exist, albeit in dwindling numbers.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Alright, I'm just going to ask a couple of questions honestly; I mean no offense to anyone and I'm truly just asking because I'd like a fair and balanced answer. I am not American, so forgive me if these questions are culturally offensive in any way - once again, this is absolutely not my intention to cause offense. Here goes:

Why is it wrong to be proud of being white? By white, I mean people of European descent. It is a fact, that the developed world is largely a consequence of white people's accomplishments. There is much to be proud of. If a person can be proud of being black, or Asian, and that is okay, even considered commendable, then why is it wrong to express pride in one's European heritage?

Why don't some people like the term "black", and instead prefer "African American"? This to me is stupid. Not all black people are American. What about black people in Britain and Australia, for instance? It seems to me that "black" is just a general way of describing a person's non-specific race in regards to physical characteristics. And, not all black people are of African heritage. Look at the Papua New Guineaneans, for example, or the Maoris of New Zealand, or the Australian Aborigines. I know for a fact that Australian Aborigines refer to themselves as being black. They are neither African nor American. So the term "African American" is limited specifically to black people who have African heritage AND live in America - particularly the US. It's a rather specific term. So why do some consider "black" to be offensive?

As far as this deli is concerned, well I see there is no reason to celebrate "white history" specifically, because most of Western history IS white history. I met a guy once who wore a White Pride shirt. At first I thought he might be some kind of racist, but behold, his best friend was a black Maori fellow. I talked to him about his white pride, and he said that there is a lot to be proud of in being white, and that we shouldn't be made to feel ashamed of it. Of course, all other races and ethnicities have their right to pride and respect as well. I couldn't help but agree, to be honest.

I'd really appreciate an answer to my questions, if anyone is kind enough to take the time.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join