It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost of a Samurai?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There is a picture allegedly capturing what seems to be a pair of boots of a Samuarai that was taken in Kanagawa, Japan. It looks like it could be rock formation but it clearly does look like boots !

The Reddit user who posted it online - a friend of the photographer - insisted it was 'not photoshopped' and that paranormal forces could be at work.
'I'm not saying it's anything - just that it looks an awful lot like disembodied boots and legs...' 'Obiaruf ' told users.

This photograph was captured in Kanagawa prefecture, Japan - 'nearby some samurai tombs', apparently - late last year.

I don't really see any signs of Photoshop but I am not an expert. It looks very realistic IMO

www.dailymail.co.uk... sparks-internet-frenzy.html
edit on 21-4-2015 by blackmetalmist because: link.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

If it was "not" photoshopped, then how come is the face blurred?

It had to pass through an image editing software at some point...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I'm not saying its aliens, but.....

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There's what appears to be a blue right sleeve to the owner of those boots behind the girl. You can see it under the girl's left arm.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

If it was "not" photoshopped, then how come is the face blurred?

It had to pass through an image editing software at some point...

That's the girls normal face - duh!
Lol

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Those are Tabi Boots, and it looks like a person is just standing behind the girl, or rather the girl is blocking the person from view. Just looking at the feet you can see that the "Boot Person" is casting a shadow, and has mass given that the grass appears to have the foot on it. Then there is the Blue cloth that is behind the girl, and clearly not the girls.

Either the person who originally posted this is trying to deceive the viewers, or just didn't check out the photo enough before posting. Nothing here looks paranormal, just plain-a-normal.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

There's what appears to be a blue right sleeve to the owner of those boots behind the girl. You can see it under the girl's left arm.

Yeah, I see it, with the gradient of the ground and distance to the girl, it looks like someone is standing behind her.
Idk if samurai wore baby blue?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Ahhh I do see it now. They're claiming there was NO one behind the picture though. That's the part where the ghost claim comes in... I guess its their word vs. what the picture says !

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist

Ahhh I do see it now. They're claiming there was NO one behind the picture though. That's the part where the ghost claim comes in... I guess its their word vs. what the picture says !

Well the PIC didn't post itself so its our view vs their lies....

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's the Solway Firth Spaceman's Japanese cousin.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist

It's probably a Kanagawa officer. The Japanese are known to be vertically challenged.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The Japanese are known to be vertically challenged.

That's offensive! The correct term is "differently heighted".

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You can clearly see the line of stitching around the outer sole of the boot....machine stitching with a rubber sole.....not a samurai, unless he time traveled, got a new pair of boots recently and jumped in behind this girl.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
It's the Solway Firth Spaceman's Japanese cousin.

Sholway firf spashmann - google translate.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

That's a small guy though if there is one behind the girl. Maybe its because of the distance>>> a few feet away

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

The Japanese are known to be vertically challenged.

That's offensive! The correct term is "differently heighted".

They suffer negative topography, but they're bigger than Chinese ppl so they don't mind

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I agree, those are modern boots. Although as Guyfriday pointed out that they may be Tabi boots, the Jika-Tabi are a 20th century invention (and look little like earlier footwear) and are akin to the Western "work boot." Also, Samurai had long been in decline since the Meji restoration of the mid 19th century. If it is a ghost (giving huge benefit of the doubt), it's very unlikely to be that of a Samurai.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Either the person who originally posted this is trying to deceive the viewers, or just didn't check out the photo enough before posting. Nothing here looks paranormal, just plain-a-normal.
a reply to: Guyfriday
I'd say that the person taking the picture was in on it too, if it is in fact fake. Who, in such a picturesque place, would take the picture of a little girl with a person standing right in back of her? It doesn't make sense, but who knows?

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

So normal people go around Japan dressed like a Ninja or Samurai do they?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If this were published, say, in the 1930s people would be rolling on the floor with laughter because it's so evident that there is a boy standing behind the girl.
The internet somehow managed to make people more gullible and less critically thinking than ever before.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join