It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin strange noise in the sky last night

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hiii_98

Hiya I was wondering since you experienced these noises if you would like to come on my radio show and share it first hand. I did a show mid week about it and no one seems to have a clue what they are. I would love to hear it from someone first hand
If you have the time and could come on it would be pretty awesome.

www.blogtalkradio.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Like some one said before...

It does sound like a high caliber machine gun being fired even how here's repetition at the beginning.

Oh well... long and gone let's see who remembers this in a while.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just chiming in because I've had cause to examine audio for unrelated reasons in the past. An easy trick to check whether something has a mono component is to simply invert one of the channels and mix the result together. If you do this then you discover that only the bass frequencies of the sound in question are cancelled, leaving the mids untouched, which is consistent with a slightly off-axis sound source.

The left channel hiss isn't too hard to account for. It's likely that this was recorded on a handheld device, and the placement of fingers near a microphone can create quite pronounced resonant effects which boost high frequencies. An alternative is asymmetry in the construction of the recording device, or even poorly matched or faulty left/right microphone preamps. There does seem to be some wind noise at lower frequencies in the right channel, so the environmental sounds aren't strictly constrained to the left. Also, if you mute the left channel, there are still traces of the high-frequency content, only attenuated when compared to the left.

The audio recording therefore doesn't seem to contain any real red flags.

As for the noise itself, several people have suggested a train and I'm inclined to agree that this is a strong possibility. The sound is noticeable rhythmic at a frequency of around 6.3 Hz. Rail cars frequently have flat spots on their wheelsets caused by too much braking effort resulting in a slide which grinds down the tyre. A wheelset rotating at 6.3 Hz, depending on the tyre diameter, corresponds to a speed of anywhere between 30 and 50 mph (using wheel diameters from here as an example). This is a perfectly reasonable range within which a freight train might travel.

My best guess is that the sound is that of a freight train crossing a bridge or other solid, resonant structure. This would explain the louder, rhythmic sections (as a flatted wheelset crosses the bridge), as well as the quieter single knocks which could be caused by wheelsets crossing a rail joint.

Apparently the sound lasted for 3-5 minutes. So we have a range of times from 3-5 minutes and a range of speeds 30-50mph. That gives a range of train length between 1.5 and ~4 miles. Given that the longest train in the US is 3.6 miles, it doesn't seem such an unreasonable prospect.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I just can't associate an advanced civilization visiting us with .. noise. Most UFO sightings had no noise at all, this being one of their main characteristics. I can't wait to hear your audio.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrMonika

Hiya I was wondering since you experienced these noises if you would like to come on my radio show and share it first hand. I did a show mid week about it and no one seems to have a clue what they are. I would love to hear it from someone first hand
If you have the time and could come on it would be pretty awesome.

www.blogtalkradio.com...[/quote ]

Blogtalk radio... lol

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Sorry for not responding so soon., Absolute Truth, but all I know is the sheer volume of sh1t going on above us in our skies is way beyond comprehension. Kind of frustrates me when the doubters can be so unpleasant it makes you want to back off & shut the hell up. I'm all over science like the next person, but it seems some hardliners remain. This I can understand... Science by its very nature must only accept unto it's cautious bosom that which has been clearly defined & tested. Yet that leaves volumes of space in between which it must accept people are going to fill. Sadly, this is often done by the ill- informed ( and let's face it, the ignorance is rife out there). Then there are educated guesses from the likes of myself, no doubt you and a few others here & those who perpetually live in the hope we will not be lumped into the same categories as the ignorant & the trolls. I, personally, have had significant experience with the 'other' but have a hard time expressing it without puerile derision coming my way. This burns somewhat due to my own personal experiences with these kinds of things. So, permit me for being somewhat reserved on matters such as these... Wanna talk further, I'd be more than happy to. This goes for anyone else reading this & relating on any level. And those who may be getting helluva a judgemental hardliners science coming their way, like questionable judgemental science where only current understanding holds sway, leaving no room for intelligent interpretation. The kind who'd have been wrong regarding a number of things in our past in unswerving service to what current science has to offer & absolutely nothing beyond. Then again, what do I know.... an' all that guff.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2015 by TheFoolWhoForgot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
sorry i've been gone all week, just returned from work. I saw this article and honestly assumed more of the media would have picked up on this story and had a few explanations. I also assumed some of the gurus here at ATS would have a few theories on what made this "roar" in the skies over Wisconsin and apparently northern Iowa. A friend of my fathers said the noise was also heard in northern Illinois a few days later. I'm not going with the train theory...waaaay too big of an expanse for this. Although I myself when I head this sound, I incorrectly assumed it was a train violently coupling (over and over) so I ignored it and turned up my tv like a good sheep.

saw this post on mysterious universe with more comments from witnesses.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

link again to the interactive map of locations regarding those who heard the noise

link
edit on 28-4-2015 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join