It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin strange noise in the sky last night

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Easy does it, pal. I'm not here for name-calling, so I'd suggest you keep the paranoid kook name-calling to yourself. Also, I'm not here to attack YOU, the supposed girl, nor the fact there was a strange sound. There clearly was. What, we don't know. Can we find out what it was with certainty from just hearing out the people who heard it have to say about it? Not by a long shot. If there was a legit audio recording that we could study, would it do any good? Yes. Do we have such? You thought so. But it seems more than one person who has tons of more experience with audio tells you this one is forged. So even you, in the end say "OK lets forget about the stupid forged/non-forged audio and take a look at the event itself". Well... My sincere question is - what do you think will come from this? Do you believe we will find out what you guys have heard? Forgive me for being skeptical.

So, I'm not your enemy here, nor am I saying you're the hoaxer (but for crying out loud, it is in the realm of possibility and you know it!!!). Also I'm not teaching you how to roll the big wheel, please, don't teach me how to use my ears and years of knowledge in an area you clearly have no understanding about. In the end, studied fact is studied fact, no matter if you like it or not.

I tend to withhold myself from arguing about something I have no idea about. Especially against PEOPLE (plural, not singular) who are times more knowledgable than me. It usually makes one look a bit childish...

Anywho, good luck at finding out the culprit behind the original strange noise that you heard. Hopefully, through the hearsay you want to gather as your replacement evidence. If another audio is brought to the table, I might be interested again at pondering about this with you. Until then, I choose to provide only intellectual silence as anything else would be pure speculation.

Now back to my paranoid cave, full of imaginary men in black and grey aleins...

p.s. Not that I care much, but before you decide to put me into the shill camp, please, check my OP history and think again

edit on 21-4-2015 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hiii_98

Sometimes the Aviation forum and UFO forum have some remarkable coincidences. You`ll have to read through a few of the long running threads in the aircraft projects section to find the post. I couldn`t tell you which thread because many of them take a life of their own and can drift way off topic several pages in and come back towards the final pages so many would never know what was discussed. By far the best threads of ATS.com to me can be found there and if you are patient, respectful and just be cool many members there will leave you some crumbs and scents to follow. You may not get a direct answer but many will lead you down the path that will answer several for you.

The California Sighting thread authored by the AP mod Zaphod58 is a good place to start, there are more that correspond to that one as well but that's a good place to start. Domo1`s thread about the mystery plane over Wichita is also another good one. I`d recommend starting off with Intelgurl`s longtime locked threads at the top to get a knowledge base then read through the most replied to threads in the Aviation sub-forum. After reading through some you`ll get a good idea who's the Top Guns and who is the wingmen and then who is just trying to keep up.

I hope you enjoy rabbit holes though, if not don't even try to enter because you wont get far. Answers don't come easy and for the most part many members are not able to just give you a straight answer for important reasons. Heck you've been around the ATS block lots of times you ought to know, I just noticed your stats.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0 ch1n1t0 so what can I do to help. I get defensive when I feel attacked, sorry I need to work on that. The event itself is real and mysterious, I'm now beginning to have some questions about the audio after speaking to the contributor...

here is a screenshot I took of our conversation.... hmm...

(click the link below to view the transcript)
www.skinwalkerranch.org...
edit on 21-4-2015 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiii_98
a reply to: Jobeycool I'll put them back up right now.

What's the point of posting this one again if jade star says it's the fake? You said you don't know "the girl" who sent it to you so how can you know 100% it's not hoaxed? At first you said you had an audio you were hoarding for the AP. then it became just this one. Where's the AP one? Did they publish it ?

Not doubting you heard a sound, you most likely did.

I'm sorry but I hear loud rumbling sounds all the time and attribute them to trains, planes or distant thunder. Might call CNN about it next time though.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

a reply to: merka no just a sign on the fence at our local small airport. I cropped a overlay picture over the video. The picture is inconsequential I could put a blank screen if that would be less confusing so the focus can be on the sound, not the distraction of a wobbling camera in a dark sky

So now the video is an edit job? You or that girl weren't standing by this fence filming with the clouds to correlate what was in the sky? It's all so misleading

Edit:
What's worse is you now have the date and location of the recording all muddled up.

edit on 21-4-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Once again, no hard feelings at any point of the conversation on my end, bro. Maybe I could've used better wording as well, so I do apologize if I came across as attacking you. Just thought it'd be a good idea to back up JadedStar as she was dead on regarding the out-of-context character of the sound when compared to the rest of the sounds /wind, crackles/. Now, you have done a mistake for not doing your homework fully in terms of the date. I have not done my homework as well, because I am making claims, but I haven't actually isolated the sides from the mids and haven't watched JadedStar's analysis on Youtube, however, if I recall correctly what I heard then I'm fairly certain that my ears told me one is mono, the rest is on the sides.

It would be easiest to think of it in the following way - you have absolute middle, that's MONO, sound coming straight from in front of you. In short, if you're wearing headphones, both will make the same sound. Now, I believe most have seen two green-yellow-red meters that are found on amplifiers, recorders, software, etc. Have you ever noticed that when you listen to music, both the left and right channels go up and down, according to the volume of what the instruments are playing during the song, however, they go separately from one another in terms of fluctuating up and down? Now that's STEREO. At the same time you have the SIDES, which is basically the isolated signal when the MONO is removed.

Now, the idea is this - if Jaded and I are correct, then this means that the sound itself, is located in the absolute center of the stereo mix during the whole video, while everything else sounds from the sides. Notice that the wind blows more in the left, rather than right (that's if your speakers are hooked up properly). So, if we're correct, when I remove the MIDDLE /MONO/ of the signal, the sound should be either completely gone, or very close to being inaudible.

I'll edit this post within the hour with an audio file, and some thoughts. I will also have already watched the other analysis.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

a reply to: merka I cropped a overlay picture over the video.

So now the video is an edit job?

I was wondering, why would you do that in the first place, it's like you're messing with the evidence (not inclining on you doing it on purpose, it's just senseless and corrupts analysis). Anywho, can you upload the original? As it was provided to you?

Along with the video of course.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

a reply to: ch1n1t0 ch1n1t0 so what can I do to help. I get defensive when I feel attacked, sorry I need to work on that. The event itself is real and mysterious, I'm now beginning to have some questions about the audio after speaking to the contributor...

I've inserted it here so people don't have to drive traffic to your commercial site. I hope you don't mind me thwarting another monetization attempt.

edit on 21-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

In my experience the only people who feel attacked when serious researchers into anomalous phenomena ask serious questions as part of their investigation are those who are trying to perpetuate a hoax or profit from an incident.

Just sayin...

People can say a lot of things about ATS but one thing that is true is that ATS's researchers are thorough and don't let a lot of b.s. get by them. (See the Youtube hoaxer thread for example.)

There are legitimate mysteries in this world but there are even more people who are trying profit from what should be legitimate investigation and often these people feel the need to "spice up" the real unknowns with fake unknowns.. ie: Stan Romanek, David Jacobs, etc...

That's anything but sound, scientific investigation. But hey, if it sells a book or video, what do these people care right? And if it drives legitimate scientists from investigating the field they claim to care about, why they can just say that's all part of the conspiracy on the part of academia "to cover things up."

It's very self serving.

So, my advice, when people ask serious questions, such as those which I asked earlier in the thread, understand they are for the purpose of figuring out what if anything went on and check out a story.

They're not personal attacks, unless you or someone else have something to feel guilty about.
edit on 22-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Point one : The sounds have been heard in the general location multiple times and have even been covered by CNN.

Point two : CNN stated that underground earthquake activity in the region was the cause in at least one case.(This is interesting as I am more inclined to believe that the sound , or whatever caused the sound may have caused the louder cracking noises that may indeed have been strange small plate fractures)

Point three : I find it strange that most recordings of these sounds seem to have audio anomalies when analyzed with software.

Point four : We still cannot be sure what exactly is going on here although I feel that it may be so complex that It would take a team with Neil DeGrasse Tyson on it to give us any real answers.

Point five with a grin : Never underestimate JadeStar (serious here) She makes good points.
edit on 22-4-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar
He left his name in that screenshot. If I were him I'd edit that out.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar
Completely agree and I'd add that it makes the research into the paranormal 'silly stuff' not to be taken seriously, of course on ATS we don't want that, it's why most of us are here in the first place.

The lessons to be learned here, are if you are going to make claims, you have to thoroughly check out all your facts. This was not done here with the OP, all his posts are misleading. Not to say I don't believe he heard a strange sound. I think he did, then took whatever he could find to bolster his claims, but never really checked first if they were any good to use.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
[snip] My god you have completely dismantled what was an interested thread by diverting the attention to both my book (WHICH I HAVE NEVER MENTIONED MIGHT I ADD), and to the video, rather than the event which has been covered now my several major media outlets. You've made this a personal attack on me and I'm confused as to why??? I didn't have to share that screenshot, it did NOTHING to support my cause, yet it did to show transparency. I initially tried to upload it onto ATS but I have no clue how so I tossed it onto my own server in an attempt to display the conversation. This was not some nefarious attempt to sell anything!! I posted a link to a photo that this forum does not allow uploads thereby forcing the end users to upload elsewhere, and since I have a server...well... (why am I even explaining this?!?) I have nothing to hide, what showing my name in the screen shot is also wrong?? Writing a book is wrong?? The audio isn't even edited!! I just learned it was taken several days before which to me is NOT the sound/noise I am seeking. Is it really that difficult for you to stay on topic and focus on the strange event itself? I STILL content the audio is not "hoaxed". The fact that I added a overlay static picture of my local airport where the sound was first heard (according to the media) to a video that was given to me displaying sideways and shaking all over the screen makes me a part of some conspiracy? Unbelievable! This is 100% why I no longer post on ATS, is because of people like you, rather than discuss an issue everything becomes a skeptical attack on individual bringing a topic to light.
edit on 22-4-2015 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I've watched the analysis. I've also run the sound through several plugins. I removed the MIDS to find out what I already suspected because of what my ears were telling me during the removal process - the strange sound was actually stereo and not mono like I recalled hearing it earlier today. Now bear with me on this. Since the strange sound is not MONO, what I explained above does not apply, hence I won't be uploading any audio files. But there's no need to.

Because my ears told me what they told me earlier today when I heard it for the first time - although the sound does not appear to be mono, it is centered in a very wrong way according to the the background noise. (just as Jade stated). I'll try to expalin but I don't know to what extent I'll be clear about this.

We have: wind, breathing, crackles, crackles and all of that is background noise. These are quite low in volume, as well as being spread more widely in the stereo field, resulting in more rapid fluctuations between the right and left channel (clearly seen on a stereo meter when the strange sound remains quiet and only background noise is heard). On the other hand, we have the strange noise which is the loudest. Whenever it appears back in the mix it hits at a very tight left-to-right-channel ratio. In other words, there is only a slight difference in the ratio between the left and right channel meters each time a volume peak of the pulsating strange hits.

A) Background noise only - rapid fluctuations between the left and right channels.
B) Background noise + strange noise - constant ratio being kept between the left and right channels, with small fluctuations being apperant each times the pulsation hits, due to the background noise still being a part of the general mix, although quiet.

This is most apperant when you listen at the 11th second of the recording, when a new series of pulsations begin. I guess not many people have the chance to take a look at a two-channel volume meter. And since I don't have a screen capturing software on my other computer which I use for work, and I will never connect it to the Internet, it would be too time and energy consuming to make a video about it. And it's pointless, because the analyzer that jade uses in the video shows the exact same thing and should help you get a clearer view of what she and I mean. (Bear in mind that the recording in its whole has been panned a bit to the left, so the center is offset to the left.)

When considering Jade's analysis, points #1 and #3 are no longer proof that the audio itself was altered, because hiii admitted he replaced the video with a photo and left only the original audio. Both #1 and #3 are results of his editting. But #2 not only holds up, it's clear as day for me that the audio has been tampered with.

Now that we know that the audio is not from the same date, this is what I believe is happening. A lot of people heard this strange sound. Someone among all of the people who heard it, thought it was a bright idea to browse the web for a sound similar to the one heard, make a quick sloppy audio edit, and then brag about being the only person to have recorded this weird happening... Just the way I see it.

My last thoughts on this long post - if we consider that this sound from the recording is very similar, if not identical to the one that you actually heard, to me this sounds like machinery. Probably heavy. It has a rhythmic property. Doesn't sound like jet engines at all.

Now, who's the one behind the hoaxing, that'll remain a mistery for me, simply cause I don't care.
edit on 22-4-2015 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm happy to send you the original large file if you have a dropbox account ch1n1t0. However what does that have to do with the question a quarter of the state of Wisconsin is trying to resolve... "WHAT MADE THE NOISE???"
edit on 22-4-2015 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I'm happy to send you the original large file if you have a dropbox account ch1n1t0. However what does that have to do with the question a quarter of the state of Wisconsin is trying to resolve... "WHAT MADE THE NOISE???"

Where's your proof a quarter of the state is asking about the sound? The gazette article sucks. Its not a real news site. It's just here's what was said on some Facebook chatter. Provide some proof more people heard this and it's of significance instead of inflating your experience as a shared event with thousands of others.
edit on 22-4-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

There were no 911 calls made about the noise.
edit on 22-4-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

That's OK, man, I'm afraid I have to go soon as I've been up for 16 hours already. Take a look at my take on things from the above post, I explain my take on things, as far as I can that is. By the way, were there any other news reports that came out about this? If so, could you link us? I'm sorry but I'm barely lookinag at the screen anymore.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Glad you cared to Google it like I did, there are multiple news reports, and it happened in 2012 too.

Link to News Report with dozens of witnesses commenting from Facebook below the article

There are enough geographical locations named off in the Facebook comments posted above, someone should plot a map and post it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join