It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Bad means good these days, Wicked means good, White Witches are accepted....even though they are still witches and deny GOD, Gay people (and I don't judge, I have gay friends and I treat them normally), they are now accepted and straights are ridiculed.

No.

"Straights" are not ridiculed. Not in the least. (Religious fanatics, however, are, and for good reason.)

And "White Witches" (I am one) do not deny "GOD". We simply see the 'unseen' differently - but, whatever....this is not the thread in which to make that point.

"Gays" are people. "They" feel everything, just like you do: pain, rejection, ostracization, fear, hope, perseverance, dignity.......

Who are you to judge?

I am not judging. I have gay friends actually. God judges. If you want references that straights are being ostracized, and gays ascended ...ask me, and I will deliver proof, in droves. Just ask.

You do realize that if you consider Homosexual people as lesser than you for whatever reason, then that is in fact a judgement that you place on them.

Read again. in this post I said STRAIGHTS are being ostracized these days...that gays are ascended....that is not putting myself above them, if anything,.......below, according to society.. I also said that I had gay friends. That doesn't constitute my being above them either. Not sure what you're talking about at all.

Here, I'll go into more depth

Bad means good these days, Wicked means good, White Witches are accepted....even though they are still witches and deny GOD, Gay people (and I don't judge, I have gay friends and I treat them normally), they are now accepted and straights are ridiculed. A third of the waters will be poisoned...Fukishima has made sure this has happened. People in the last days will curse GOD....this is an every day occurrence, whereas before it was never heard of. I have countless examples.

"Bad means good" - "Gay people are now being accepted". That is clear judgement if I ever saw any. Perhaps you don't realize this, but saying those things is placing homosexuals at a lower level than you are placing yourself. Thus judging them. You attempt to save yourself immediately after by claiming "But I have gay friends and treat them normally!", as if that's some sort of justification for you to also tie them in with "Bad means good these days"

Honestly, I think that is quite delusional of you.
edit on 22/4/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Many here feel the same towards religion.
Still believe in a God but shes my god and no one is sharing
By that I mean I don't need to preach about my personal relationship with her and such.
Religion sucks....
It's another mans version of the truth when you should be finding it yourself.
Lazy really, or just plain brainwashed, poor kids eh? brainwashed from birth and they don't even know it.
Good for you though escaping those shackles.

Why she? Are you doing this to make a point about gender equality or is your higher power female? I'm curious, you rarely see that. If I had a higher power I'd imagine it would be beyond gender. But I don't, so I'm asking about yours

Earth beliefs usually have a woman god.

You know: "Earth Mother".

I'm not saying that's Boymonkey's reason.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
God is forever, your faith is not from god but from your own understanding through parents or whatever, true belief comes from god himself, if he dont touch you how can you have faith its not people that teach its god himself. I am sorry you lost your faith but it was not really faith was it, man dont find God God finds man, that is your problem then you will get guys who preach condemnation without investigation see you was never of God or you would not lose it that happens with a lot of so called christians it sounds good at the time. good luck and Godbless remember its your choice.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

I have a whole family like that, it kills me everyday that they wont listen, who am i just a man i cannot do nothing, i prey that he saves them i will prey for you to.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17
God is forever, your faith is not from god but from your own understanding through parents or whatever, true belief comes from god himself, if he dont touch you how can you have faith its not people that teach its god himself. I am sorry you lost your faith but it was not really faith was it, man dont find God God finds man, that is your problem then you will get guys who preach condemnation without investigation see you was never of God or you would not lose it that happens with a lot of so called christians it sounds good at the time. good luck and Godbless remember its your choice.

I wonder if religious people hear just how cynical and insulting they are being, and then immediately say "But after I've explained how worthless you were before, Good luck and God bless!" You know, as if the battering of insults, supposition, and "I know better than you" mentality was supposed to be a form of support.

I have a whole family like that, it kills me everyday that they wont listen, who am i just a man i cannot do nothing, i prey that he saves them i will prey for you to.

Did you just respond to yourself? If not, there is an Edit button that allows you to add what you may have missed in your original post
edit on 22/4/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So who is responsible and to be blamed for my disbelief in God and religion?? God himself?

Never been touch by God or his minions...

Did you just reply to yourself?

Ghost147 stole my joke...

edit on 22-4-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Several members, suggested I watch this video: www.youtube.com...

I just watched it, and wow, powerful. How can anyone stay a Catholic after watching this, is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I still believe in a Higher Power, and I am only beginning to grasp that IT can not fit into a Religious Box. But, the truth shall set you free!!!!!

Put very well and congratulations for breaking free. I believe we are not equipped to truly understand what "IT" is exactly. At least in this form in this life. That's why "the invisible man is the sky" works well because it's easy to explain and requires minimal thought.

This path is by no means the easier of the two but I do believe it is the path of true enlightenment and wisdom. That path of course being your journey to seek said wisdom. What we are grasping at is like an ant grasping at the concept of the universe. It is so far beyond us at this point.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I just watched it, and wow, powerful. How can anyone stay a Catholic after watching this, is beyond me.

I am glad you watched it. I really miss Christopher Hitchens, there is whole new word 'hitchslap' made to explain his sharp language when debating.

If you found that interesting, this might be even bit more interesting, because he debates none other then his own brother.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

i use to say that till i investigated the verses in genesis carefully, and realized that the fall narrative was about humans becoming procreators. but that's not all! paul says in the new testament that he didn't allow women to speak in the church because of eve. the rationale he gave for that was that eve was fooled but adam wasn't. now on its face, that basically sounds like he's saying women are more gullible than men. the problem was he was basing that on his statement that adam knew and still did the deed. basically he says the guy who knew he was doing wrong and still did it, was the more trustworthy to teach others, over the woman who was fooled and did it. you can't make this stuff up.

i must ask, if eve hadn't been properly informed and thus was fooled, she never had a chance to prove one way or another, as to whether she would've done the same. and we still don't know because from then on out, women in all the world's religions, were treated like a subspecies of homo sapiens.

when i realized we were given shortened life spans because we had become procreators, i knew the concept of original sin was a bit wonky.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

wowzers, that was something.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

the only problem i have with hard core atheism is when it does lend itself to science, it tends to lose sight of its own humanity. i will give you an example:

china has a large population, the result of which was command from their former communist leader, Mao, that they should breed like crazy in order to create an army capable of facing off against capitalist countries. so they did. then when it became apparent there wasn't going to be enough food, they instituted the one child policy.

now they knew they had a mammoth population of tradition, wherein female children were considered "maggots in the rice", as a result, millions of female children were either forcibly aborted by the government itself or killed by their own mother/father, upon birth at home. the atheist communist government of china knew that would be the response of their citizenry but viewed female members of their society in a sort of cattle farm mentality - take out the heifers and wallah, less chinese people. so they let that continue for over 10 years.

if all governments become communist and atheist, eventually females will be weeded entirely out of the population because they just make more kids. they have, in the past, almost entirely eliminated females from entire countries over the millenia, such as india and greece. they let the people of india have sex selective abortions knowing full well they would abort female children because of the tradition of the dowry. thus resulting in a lower population for india, at the expense of millions of baby girls
edit on 22-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Please stop attributing things to atheism.

It is ONLY a position of non belief. It has ZERO doctrines etc.

I really don't understand why you keep associating atheism with all of these things like it's responsible or something. It isn't! It has nothing to do with anything other than non-belief in gods.

With all do respect, why can't you get that through your head?

Perhaps you can explain to me why you think otherwise?

edit on 4-23-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you meant to reply to my post or not - or perhaps I'm just staying up too late - but how does this apply to the post you replied to in your response?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

This entire post is just absurd. As WakeUpBeer stated, Atheism has no agenda, it is simply a state of non-belief. There is no doctrine, there is no core belief system in which one must follow, we have no scripture. This post of yours just screams bigoted nonsense.

For such a person who comes off as quite intelligent, you're making a lot of unintelligent, common and entirely incorrect allegations.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you meant to reply to my post or not - or perhaps I'm just staying up too late - but how does this apply to the post you replied to in your response?

oh it was the concept of original sin. the person you had responded to, had apparently said something to make you quote this

"But after I've explained how worthless you were before,"

the reason given for the need for salvation is the original sin concept. i was explaining how i suddenly realized something was not exactly kosher with the original sin teaching.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

oh it was the concept of original sin. the person you had responded to, had apparently said something to make you quote this

"But after I've explained how worthless you were before,"

the reason given for the need for salvation is the original sin concept. i was explaining how i suddenly realized something was not exactly kosher with the original sin teaching.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Please stop attributing things to atheism.

It is ONLY a position of non belief. It has ZERO doctrines etc.

I really don't understand why you keep associating atheism with all of these things like it's responsible or something. It isn't! It has nothing to do with anything other than non-belief in gods.

With all do respect, why can't you get that through your head?

Perhaps you can explain to me why you think otherwise?

well science and atheism are both very pragmatic. wiki says

Pragmatists contend that most philosophical topics—such as the nature of knowledge, language, concepts, meaning, belief, and science—are all best viewed in terms of their practical uses and successes.

we ladies are not a part of the utilitarian ideal of a communist government. we bring nothing to the table that men don't. our one claim to fame is making babies, which has become anathema to many countries with population problems.
edit on 23-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

This entire post is just absurd. As WakeUpBeer stated, Atheism has no agenda, it is simply a state of non-belief. There is no doctrine, there is no core belief system in which one must follow, we have no scripture. This post of yours just screams bigoted nonsense.

For such a person who comes off as quite intelligent, you're making a lot of unintelligent, common and entirely incorrect allegations.

the statistics for belief in a religion is much higher for women than men. so when there are purges based on belief, alot more women than men are killed. add to that that men are much more able to defend themselves when confronted by male assailants, and if its a religion vs. religion purge, it's still the women that suffer most. it's not an agenda of atheism, it's the nature of societies and humans. pragmatism demands the best use of resources.
edit on 23-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Again, I see no relation to the virtual genocide of the female gender in many 'tradition'-based countries, the mass breeding of their citizens to gain military favorability, and the consequent suppression of the female gender and the existence of atheism being the cause of it all, or even a minute bit of it.

How does the absolute sole idea of atheism, being the lack of belief in a god, have anything to do with an agenda to suppress women, or gain military favor?

Also, I don't see any science being conducted either.

the only problem i have with hard core atheism is when it does lend itself to science, it tends to lose sight of its own humanity. i will give you an example:

Your example has nothing to do with science. A country making a choice to mass breed, and also to virtually halt breeding, is not science. It's just the choice of a country.

the statistics for belief in a religion is much higher for women than men. so when there are purges based on belief, alot more women than men are killed. add to that that men are much more able to defend themselves when confronted by male assailants, and if its a religion vs. religion purge, it's still the women that suffer most. it's not an agenda of atheism, it's the nature of societies and humans. pragmatism demands the best use of resources.

So because there are people who are religious, and some people (who happen to possibly be women) naturally have never been religious or turn away from religion, get killed by religious people, it's the existence of the lack-of-belief that is to blame for the religious people killing the people who don't believe?
edit on 23/4/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join