It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Patriot?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's a great country.

I think you can be a patriot and still love your country of origin, and acknowledge the bad that has happened in the past.

As long as we stop being bad and doing bad things.

Invading Iraq to line the pockets of Haliburton and Dick Cheney was bad. Giving Aid to Israel and then squashing the Palestinians is bad. There's still hope, but we have to fight for it, vote for it, campaign for it and make our voices heard.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: WarminIndy

I wonder what the Viking numbers were?

Very small, but I think some may have left some genetic traces.

I don't know and I doubt anyone knows.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar

things got out of control...but the American people are not always as they check mark on census papers and other forms.

i'm not a patriot...that title is reserved for people from the east coast that fought against their past in order to preserve their present and future.

take comfort in the fact the truth is far more complex than empty rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You can never go back and change the past, all you can do is work toward a better future.

if the past isn't something you are guilty of, then there is nothing to feel guilty about.. again, working toward a better future for all is the only right thing one can do.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It's a great country.

I think you can be a patriot and still love your country of origin, and acknowledge the bad that has happened in the past.

As long as we stop being bad and doing bad things.

Invading Iraq to line the pockets of Haliburton and Dick Cheney was bad. Giving Aid to Israel and then squashing the Palestinians is bad. There's still hope, but we have to fight for it, vote for it, campaign for it and make our voices heard.

LOL, do you know how much aid we give to Palestine?

The Palestinians actually receive more bilateral aid than any other country.

Foreign Aid to Palestine

Now the question is this...if this is bilateral aid, from several countries, and the US has given more than $5 billion, but the deal was that it could not go to Hamas, what are the Palestenians doing with the money they also get from the other countries?

If they continually point out their frustration with the US, why is it incumbent upon the US to donate the most aid?

Obama releases $147 million in aid

According to the article above, it was to reinstate the Arabic Sesame Street. Do you know what Sesame Street is like on Palestinian Tv?

Palestinian Sesame Street

But here you go,
. Keith Ellison (D. Minnesota ) wants the money to go to Palestine just to counteract Farfour. Ellison is a Muslim, by the way.

And if Ellison recognized that children in Palestine are continually taught racism, it can hardly be that anyone is squishing Palestine.

And the Palestinian Arabs are not indigenous, Arab was transplanted there after the Arabic invasion, because there are still Jews and Christians in Palestine, but they don't want you to know that because they want you to think they are unfairly treated and yet, Arabic culture, Islamic tradition and religion came to Palestine only 1,400 years ago.

They were getting aid while broadcasting THIS to their children

If you think that is ok, then keep on complaining about the aid and squishing them, but could you imagine this in American tv? It would never happen.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

And they are teaching that story contrary to what really happened. She didn't invite Mohammed...she was forced to marry him after he killed her husband and father at the Battle of Kaybar. She was forced into marriage (he raped her because she was a spoil of war) and that was the "marriage dinner".

They need to get their stories straight, that was recorded in their Hadiths.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You bring up some good points there, but really take a look at the situation there. Look at the living conditions of the Palestinians and then look at the future prospects of the average Palestinian, compared to the average Israeli.

The Palestinians basically live in open air prisons, lorded over by the Israelis.

If you were really truthful with yourself, you would see that human beings shouldn't live that way.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You bring up some good points there, but really take a look at the situation there. Look at the living conditions of the Palestinians and then look at the future prospects of the average Palestinian, compared to the average Israeli.

The Palestinians basically live in open air prisons, lorded over by the Israelis.

If you were really truthful with yourself, you would see that human beings shouldn't live that way.

Tell us then why Hamas and other organizations seem to keep buying more weapons? It seems they would be recycling the donated aid money into their economy and infrastructure.

Why isn't it?

And did you know that when Muslims move to Israel, they actually like it better and are given freedom of religion in Israel?

Muslims in Israel

You are going to have to convince us a little better, and don't spread propaganda. Let's talk about the truth here. I'm sorry, but overlording them, they are doing it to their own people and blaming everyone else for their failures to take care of their own people.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Well, I am a Native American. By birthright and mixed blood, so I'm gonna weigh in on this one as well.

I don't support any of which you mentioned. I wasn't alive back then and my family wasn't the type to hate anyone. In fact, there was an alliance between the Native Peoples and our family, and from that many beautiful children were born.

So wrapping everyone from America in the same poisoned blanket it a bit obtuse.
For shame.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Tell us then why Hamas and other organizations seem to keep buying more weapons? It seems they would be recycling the donated aid money into their economy and infrastructure.

Why isn't it?

And did you know that when Muslims move to Israel, they actually like it better and are given freedom of religion in Israel?

Muslims in Israel

You are going to have to convince us a little better, and don't spread propaganda. Let's talk about the truth here. I'm sorry, but overlording them, they are doing it to their own people and blaming everyone else for their failures to take care of their own people.

But Palestinians don't have the same right as Israelis in Israel. Look that up and don't spread propaganda. Let's talk about the truth here. You're going to have to convince us a little better.

Do you really think that Israel doesn't have full control of the Palestinian people and their lands? You really need to do some research.

Secondly, let's talk about Hamas and terrorists in general in the Palestinian territories. The questions is that if you were confined to those little areas, had no hope of immigration to somewhere better, or better jobs or better homes or better anything, what would you do, especially if you saw the Israeli government as the chief problem? You wonder why Hamas recruits so well and why the youth of Palestine flock to it...it's because they see no hope...no other way out. Be honest and take a real honest look at the situation there.

Then ask yourself, why does Israel and the US government try to block the Palestinians from joining all the international communities. Why wouldn't Israel want that? That's the question...what do they have to hide or benefit from that?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Well, I am a Native American. By birthright and mixed blood, so I'm gonna weigh in on this one as well.

I don't support any of which you mentioned. I wasn't alive back then and my family wasn't the type to hate anyone. In fact, there was an alliance between the Native Peoples and our family, and from that many beautiful children were born.

So wrapping everyone from America in the same poisoned blanket it a bit obtuse.
For shame.

I knew it...

If one has Colonial descent, there is a 50% more chance of having Native American ancestry. It is a fact of life. Even the great Sequoyah's father was George Guess, a white man.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Why isn't it?

Muslims in Israel

But Palestinians don't have the same right as Israelis in Israel. Look that up and don't spread propaganda. Let's talk about the truth here. You're going to have to convince us a little better.

Do you really think that Israel doesn't have full control of the Palestinian people and their lands? You really need to do some research.

Secondly, let's talk about Hamas and terrorists in general in the Palestinian territories. The questions is that if you were confined to those little areas, had no hope of immigration to somewhere better, or better jobs or better homes or better anything, what would you do, especially if you saw the Israeli government as the chief problem? You wonder why Hamas recruits so well and why the youth of Palestine flock to it...it's because they see no hope...no other way out. Be honest and take a real honest look at the situation there.

Then ask yourself, why does Israel and the US government try to block the Palestinians from joining all the international communities. Why wouldn't Israel want that? That's the question...what do they have to hide or benefit from that?

You didn't look at the link, did you?

I'm sorry, they have the SAME rights as anyone else in Israel.

Are you a Hamas apologist?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Are you a Hamas apologist?[/quote

LOl A Hamas Apologist? What does that even mean?

I'm for equal rights for all people in every country , no matter who or what they are.

This statement is especially relevant to this thread and patriotism, in acknowledging how we treat native Americans and have treated them in the past.

Palestinians don't have the same rights as Israeli citizens. Do you even research any of this stuff or just blindly believe the right wing propaganda machines. It's time to open your eyes. Google can help.
edit on 20-4-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Are you a Hamas apologist?

LOl A Hamas Apologist? What does that even mean?

I'm for equal rights for all people in every country , no matter who or what they are.

This statement is especially relevant to this thread and patriotism, in acknowledging how we treat native Americans and have treated them in the past.

Palestinians don't have the same rights as Israeli citizens. Do you even research any of this stuff or just blindly believe the right wing propaganda machines. It's time to open your eyes. Google can help.

And now we have met a real "patriot".

You didn't read the link, did you? You know, a lot of other people just read the link, and it wasn't made by "right wingers".

I suppose then that you are willing to go to Mecca and attempt to get equal rights for other people who are not Muslim to go there? I am assuming you can do that right? You are the great and mighty equal rights proponent, so go to Mecca and get a synagogue or church to be built there. Can you do that?

edit on 4/20/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
patriotism is a costume. like superman but without the special powers.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Yea that costume also identify's you as a target by those who hate you. Costume perhaps, very real consequence's; unfortunately. So dismissing its reality is obtuse and absurd.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It Be Khazars......

The Rothschilds were the funding source behind the establishment of the American Colonies, by incorporating the Hudson Bay Company and other trading companies to exploit the New World of the Americas. It was the Rothschild’s who ordered the mass extermination and genocide of the indigenous people of North America to allow for exploitation of the vast natural resources of the continent.
www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hey man, I'm a patriot. But don't ask the question based on the horrible things the American Gov't has done to the land and it's people native and non. That's a non-starter in my book.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It is often futile to try and explain the actual situation in Palestine to someone who has been conditioned to believe that Palestinians are terrorists(and several more derogatory slurs) while Israel is an ally, good and needs to be protected from their terrorist neighbors(that Israel apparently assumes the have a God given right to seize their land) because the bible says so or whatever asinine reasoning that sticks.

Some of us can see past the disinformation and conditioning that is present in the USA.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Never have and never will be a patriot. I am from the uk, and like most counties England has a shocking and brutal history. This is not the reason why I am not a patriot.

To me, patriotism for your country is just a tool used to control people. Get people to believe that patriotism is a great thing, that opens the doors to governments getting away with the horrors they have been getting away with.

The population will blindly follow their governments into a war, even a pointless war that only benefits the few. And they can do this because we have been conditioned to love our country.

Me, I see the bigger picture, and I will not fall into this trap that has brainwashed do many people, and started so many wars.

Now, I am patriotic towards the planet. Not these islands we live on.

I know its just my option , but that's how I feel.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join