It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instant Justice for trying to beat elderly man.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: myartisstrong
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I think the two guys in the car are great. I would have done the same thing.

I sometimes wonder how come there aren't more people like this but then i think that most people are taught that "violence is never the answer". The law reinforces this because punching somebody is assault and a jailable offense. Even if it was with the best intentions or a perfectly valid reason.

We see videos posted on this site all the time of good people suffering at the hands of animals. I just wish more people behaved like these two gentlemen in the car, when you see something like this you don't say something later, you do something.They helped that trucker.

"Gentlemen"? Are you serious? They assaulted the guy and left the scene. Now when the cops show up the old guy has to explain to them why some guy is knocked out in the middle of the street. The right thing to do would have been to restrain the belligerent man until police arrived, not beat his ass and flee the scene.
edit on 17-4-2015 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

From watching the video, I see that the old fellow was very much restrained in his response to the fellow who was giving him grief, and you will see that when he did strike the fellow in the legs with the item, he clearly either pulled the strike, or lacked the strength to wield the object with enough power to protect himself from further harm by its use.

During the initial moments of the video, we see the elderly truck driver being pushed to the ground, appearing to have his face pushed into the damaged section of the other fellows car, and being thrown around and manhandled. These are not the sort of behaviours that a gentleman inflicts on other people, for ANY reason. A gentleman either enacts the proper use of pugilism, to defend himself or others, or keeps his hands to himself.

It is only when the truck driver has been significantly aggressed against, that we see him feebly flail with his improvised cudgel, at the legs of the other driver, to little or no effect. Given the circumstances prevailing when they arrived, the fellows who intervened to stop the degrading treatment of the trucker by his assailant, I cannot fault their behaviour one iota. Someone needed to do SOMETHING after all!

As to the specific use of force, to whit, a fist to the face, it is all very well for us to sit here and apply hindsight to the situation, but it is entirely possible that the individuals who intervened were not trained in deflection and restraint tactics, but were entirely capable of offering refreshments in the shape of a good old fashioned knuckle sandwich, the consumption of which in this case, had the desired effect, and seems to me to have been entirely justified, bearing in mind the behaviour of the recipient.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Wow. Two old farts are flailing at each other and suddenly one is an "animal" that should be "put down" ?!?

Talk about somebody being animal. Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

From watching the video, I see that the old fellow was very much restrained in his response to the fellow who was giving him grief, and you will see that when he did strike the fellow in the legs with the item, he clearly either pulled the strike, or lacked the strength to wield the object with enough power to protect himself from further harm by its use.

During the initial moments of the video, we see the elderly truck driver being pushed to the ground, appearing to have his face pushed into the damaged section of the other fellows car, and being thrown around and manhandled. These are not the sort of behaviours that a gentleman inflicts on other people, for ANY reason. A gentleman either enacts the proper use of pugilism, to defend himself or others, or keeps his hands to himself.

It is only when the truck driver has been significantly aggressed against, that we see him feebly flail with his improvised cudgel, at the legs of the other driver, to little or no effect. Given the circumstances prevailing when they arrived, the fellows who intervened to stop the degrading treatment of the trucker by his assailant, I cannot fault their behaviour one iota. Someone needed to do SOMETHING after all!

As to the specific use of force, to whit, a fist to the face, it is all very well for us to sit here and apply hindsight to the situation, but it is entirely possible that the individuals who intervened were not trained in deflection and restraint tactics, but were entirely capable of offering refreshments in the shape of a good old fashioned knuckle sandwich, the consumption of which in this case, had the desired effect, and seems to me to have been entirely justified, bearing in mind the behaviour of the recipient.

"Hear Hear" I say old chap...

They should have got Raffles the gentleman thug onto him...

Nibs

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What club? I see a flashlight in the truckers hand. Sure "six cells" are banned in some states but do we know where this was filmed?

Why would someone try to make this about race (Hispanic probably and not black. Despite what the media portrays it as, the "n-word" with a soft "a" rather than a hard "r" simply means friend/guy/dude depending on the situation and use. Rednecks seldom use the soft "a" and people in the urban settings seldom use the hard "r" that's the difference) Why not throw some anti-gunner jargon into the mix for good measure.

I honestly believe they'd walk on an assault charge:
1)came upon a man being struck by another and in fear of great bodily harm
2) superimposed themselves between victim and assailant
3) did not strike the a said assailant until he became aggressive and rushed one of them
4)One hit to neutralize the threat and when threat was over no further action was taken

5)Telling the truck driver to flee the scene of an accident could cause a little hardship but I'm sure that would get ironed out outside of the courtroom

Any, and I mean any, lawyer with a $10 education would get these guys off without a permanent mark on their record.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Now, if a LEO had arrived on the scene and done that, we'd be up in arms, burning cars and looting stores, but because 2 guys do it, its perfectly acceptable.

The old guy had a bar in his hand, which he used to beat the other guys legs, so he didn't get down from the truck to ask for insurance papers and shake hands...he could of stayed in the truck but he chose confrontation.

We dont know what happened here. They could have called 911 but chose to use violence.

You make great points about what we really don't know.
I will say if a cop arrived with the same attitude as the car driver and rescuers
someone would be dead rather than with just a gash on the forehead.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hopefully this guy will think twice before attacking anyone.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

a reply to: DYepes

The old dude who got down from his truck with a bar in his hand to face off with the other guy?

Why did he get down with the bar?

We only know half this story. Theres NO innocents here.

Im all for street justice when he cause is clear, but not here.

Dude...I'm sorry, but you have noting to even suggest that the old gentleman "got down with a bar in his hand"...that is pure conjecture on your part.

Meanwhile, the video shows that the other jerk was an obvious aggressor in this event.

And, as for there being any "innocents" there...they are all innocent until proven otherwise...the video stands as the only evidence we currently have.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Now, if a LEO had arrived on the scene and done that, we'd be up in arms, burning cars and looting stores, but because 2 guys do it, its perfectly acceptable.

The old guy had a bar in his hand, which he used to beat the other guys legs, so he didn't get down from the truck to ask for insurance papers and shake hands...he could of stayed in the truck but he chose confrontation.

We dont know what happened here. They could have called 911 but chose to use violence.

Quite the opposite from me actually. I would love to see a cop knock someone out cold if they try to beat and thrash him for just trying to talk to someone. Kudos to any cop who doesnt just blow someones head off...

In my experience the European way of dealing with these type situations is so much better than the US. Basically it works like this:

If you simply have a fistfight you can expect to spend a night in jail at most, so long as you dont beat the guy within an inch of his life or use weapons. If he tries to sue you or press charges it's usually thrown out of court with HIM having to pay the court costs associated with wasting the courts time.

It encourages people to watch their mouth and not be a dick. It also gives you decent reason to smack some sense into some a$$hole without fear of ruining your life. Saves police time and taxpayer money too. I've seen many a cop break up fights in the UK and just tell both parties to go home. Often the two fighting end up sharing a pint and laughing it off.

Furthermore when humans deal with anger immediately in a simple way, its doesn't bottle up and lead to mass shootings like the USA. The American lawyer culture has destroyed so much sensibility. Everyone wants their big $50squillion payday these days, so yet again we all lose.

Nothin' wrong with someone gettin popped in the mouth for being way out of line.

Yah. I seen that movie. I forget, was it Green Street Hooligans, or Football Factory? Very civilized.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DestroyDestroyDestroy

I think the two guys in the car are great. I would have done the same thing.

I sometimes wonder how come there aren't more people like this but then i think that most people are taught that "violence is never the answer". The law reinforces this because punching somebody is assault and a jailable offense. Even if it was with the best intentions or a perfectly valid reason.

We see videos posted on this site all the time of good people suffering at the hands of animals. I just wish more people behaved like these two gentlemen in the car, when you see something like this you don't say something later, you do something.They helped that trucker.

"Gentlemen"? Are you serious? They assaulted the guy and left the scene. Now when the cops show up the old guy has to explain to them why some guy is knocked out in the middle of the street. The right thing to do would have been to restrain the belligerent man until police arrived, not beat his ass and flee the scene.

They did? Show us where that happens...

I've seen several attempts to inject data, stuff, that never happened into this event. Well, at least things that are not shown in any of the evidence anyway...

IF you wish to understand what happened, in this or indeed any other event; the first thing you absolutely MUST do is NOT make up additional crap.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Quite the opposite from me actually. I would love to see a cop knock someone out cold if they try to beat and thrash him for just trying to talk to someone. Kudos to any cop who doesnt just blow someones head off...

In my experience the European way of dealing with these type situations is so much better than the US. Basically it works like this:

If you simply have a fistfight you can expect to spend a night in jail at most, so long as you dont beat the guy within an inch of his life or use weapons. If he tries to sue you or press charges it's usually thrown out of court with HIM having to pay the court costs associated with wasting the courts time.

It encourages people to watch their mouth and not be a dick. It also gives you decent reason to smack some sense into some a$$hole without fear of ruining your life. Saves police time and taxpayer money too. I've seen many a cop break up fights in the UK and just tell both parties to go home. Often the two fighting end up sharing a pint and laughing it off.

Furthermore when humans deal with anger immediately in a simple way, its doesn't bottle up and lead to mass shootings like the USA. The American lawyer culture has destroyed so much sensibility. Everyone wants their big $50squillion payday these days, so yet again we all lose.

Nothin' wrong with someone gettin popped in the mouth for being way out of line.

Yah. I seen that movie. I forget, was it Green Street Hooligans, or Football Factory? Very civilized.

Cool story that you've seen movies....

I've LIVED there. People get arrested when it goes beyond a simple tussle.

I never brought up the football nutters because it has zero relevance, and besides, that whole issue has faded a lot since the late 90's.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

wow , what's wrong with people?

Something seriously different in the air.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DestroyDestroyDestroy

And if the stick in his hands has anything to do with it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

so in other words, he had it coming.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good, the idiot deserved it.

Me and my friends did something similar years ago. Rolled up an a kid getting the snot knocked out of him by about 5 guys, so all 4 of us jumped out to confront them, and they all scattered. LOL Didn't even have the chance to swing! This was in like 1988.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think that guy had what was coming to him.

Glad they intervened. I don't think the old guy got down with the intent to start a fight or intimidate.

Probably knocking that guy out wasn't the best move. Should have just shielded the old guy but then again, that guy was posturing aggressive to everyone and you never know if someone has a gun or a knife. Can blame the guy for knocking him out.

That's Karma right there.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Unfortunately, assuming that video is real it looked like it WAS assault and battery.

Hitting that guy in those circumstances the way it appeared it happened should be illegal regardless of how "right" it may seem.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Dont they have car insurance in the USA?

The "samaritans" were very justified in going to the old mans aid. It would have been wrong not to.
They didnt start aggressive, and were appealing for the bully to leave him alone. And then the bully squared up with the big guy.
Justice doesnt always have a pretty face. But I think it was served.

If they never intervened then it could well have been the old man eating through a straw or losing his life, instead of staring up at the birds flying around his head.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Dude's a bully. He wouldn't have assaulted a younger, fitter man. He got what he deserved. I would have done the same. The ones I feel sorry for is his family. He'll probably took this out on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join