It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Disease Claims 27 Lives In Ondo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetPawn
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Either they used a stock image or its made up because if you search G00gle images for that image you get various sites not related to any disease or illness.

Link to image

I'm fairly sure the OP just tossed an image into there which looked scary and cool. If you google the actual information (particularly "Ondo disease") you'll see many varied reports on the case. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater here.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I will concede to that. It was a quick check and the image felt wrong.

My apologies.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VelvetPawn

It's Africa. There is still a lot of superstition involved there.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I did nothing for shock value...I got the image from the trending news feed...they had it up as a link to the articles..I just posted what I got from the news...nothing more...

edit on 16-4-2015 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
strange story...

www.informationng.com...

UPDATE
Sahara Reporters provides that two more people have just died in the area following the disease spread. According to the article, the total number of deaths recorded in three days corresponds 27.

In a similar development, last year a strange disease claimed lives of five students in Kebbi state.

One of the students of Kanta Unity College, who pleaded for anonymity, narrated:
“We believe that the death of our colleagues is an attack by evil spirits. We were cleaning our school environment recently when we heard a strange voice in the fire we set to rubbish, telling us to be ready to face the music for what the strange voice called ‘intruding into their vicinity’.”

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Okay..using the image I found the original copy from a photographer..just to clear things up..
I don't know if he is aware of his image being used? But I gave him credit nonetheless..

Blind Man in Liberia

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

wtf?

never heard of this and this is what ATS is for.

S & F

Wow... well I hope they find out exactly what this is and put a stop to it.

Gosh... so many fckin diseases out there...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

It sounds like this is turning into something straight from [rec] (all you horror movie fans know what i'm talking about). Not only is this new virus obviously killing a a rapid rate but now they are hearing "evil" voices.

Can't wait to hear more about it in the next few days.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Interesting that when you do a google search on dr dayo adeyanju there is no mention of this despite numerous other articles. Smelling something bovinish here...

I think if you also add "Irele" you might get a better google response.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This sounds like the IDEAL Chem Wepond.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm finding it difficult to believe the information on this site when the next top post is this:

This is unbelievable. See how this girl transformed into a big snake when Guys tried to force her in the beach…

Is there any other reports of this disease?
edit on 16/4/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I'm finding it difficult to believe the information on this site when the next top post is this:

This is unbelievable. See how this girl transformed into a big snake when Guys tried to force her in the beach…

Is there any other reports of this disease?

Guessing you didn't read all posts. I linked directly to the report on the disease from the area government website in an earlier post.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
a reply to: RunForTheHills

It sounds like this is turning into something straight from [rec] (all you horror movie fans know what i'm talking about). Not only is this new virus obviously killing a a rapid rate but now they are hearing "evil" voices.

Can't wait to hear more about it in the next few days.

Or its just mundane heavy metal poising in a country known for dumping chemical waste anywhere and everywhere.

Also I would be wary of reports that from these sort of areas. People are poorly educated and highly superstitious a bad combination.
edit on 17-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

But Nigeria is a ecological disaster waiting to happen.
Many big chemical and oil company's operate there with little in the way of environmental safety.

Wonder how close to some sprawling refinery the cluster of deaths are. Probably why they maintain the "mystery" aspect.

We dunno what kilt the farmers down stream from our plant.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Many big chemical and oil company's operate there with little in the way of environmental safety.

Wonder how close to some sprawling refinery the cluster of deaths are. Probably why they maintain the "mystery" aspect.

Interesting...not sure. Ode Irele is a fairly large and sprawling community there. As of census in 2006 there were 146K people there.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Interesting...not sure. Ode Irele is a fairly large and sprawling community there. As of census in 2006 there were 146K people there.

Why are they calling it a "disease- unlike Ebola" when they claim not to know what it is? Lots of oil and gas industry in the south…

images

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Why are they calling it a "disease- unlike Ebola" when they claim not to know what it is? Lots of oil and gas industry in the south…

images

My guess would be the symptoms and the speed with which it kills. Seems the symptoms come on quickly and kill the host quickly. These types of diseases usually die out quickly on their own once the patients are isolated, or it wipes out the community and can't spread.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

The World Health Organization (WHO), Nigeria’s health ministry and other health agencies were also contacted to help identify the disease and to ensure the cases do not spread, the Daily Post said Thursday.

Adeyanju has advised the public against burying victims at home. He said health officials were using the same protective equipment used during the deadly Ebola outbreak to handle patients and victims of this unknown epidemic. The symptoms are reportedly different than those of Ebola, which include diarrhea, vomiting and fever. Victims of the unknown epidemic complained of headaches and weight loss before losing their sight and succumbing to the illness, Punch Nigeria news reported Friday.

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If doing stuff like using a burn pit to smelt metal scrap, it's quite possible that if the wrong stuff is put in there they could end up with metal fume fever. More extreme cases of which symptoms show within days if not hours and can be fatal if untreated within a week.

If there's a place doing a lot of burning or metalwork in that area, the doctors should probably look into toxic exposure rather than some virus. Depending on what it is, chelation therapy may help in treating the symptoms.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Doesn't severe lead poisoning cause similar symptoms?

edit on 4/17/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join