It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Disease Claims 27 Lives In Ondo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: crazyewok

Doesn't severe lead poisoning cause similar symptoms?

Your right It could be that.
Only reason I'm not sure it is, is mainly down to the lack of GI symptoms.
edit on 18-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A bit of an update from Al Jazeera

Mysterious disease kills patients within 24 in Nigeria

A "mysterious" disease that kills patients within 24 hours has claimed at least 17 lives in a southeastern Nigerian town, the government said. "Seventeen people have died of the mysterious disease since it broke out early this week in Ode-Irele town," the government spokesman for Ondo state, Kayode Akinmade, told AFP news agency on Saturday. The disease, whose symptoms include headache, weight loss, blurred vision and loss of consciousness, killed the victims within 24 hours of their falling ill, he said.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
18 dead from mysterious illness

Maybe a bit more to worry about now that MSM is picking it up??? I mean not in the sense of this becoming some kind of outbreak, but I found it interesting that I read it here first

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Nigeria mystery deaths: Pesticides suspected, says WHO

As a few others had said, this seems to be a chemical poisoning, brought about by pesticides.

Pollution of the environment is pretty common, especially in countries without the government oversight needed to monitor and deal with these things.

I can pretty much guarantee that if they run tests on food, water or communal grounds used by all the victims they will find the pesticide responsible for this. Unfortunately, given that this is in a place where government is almost non-existent, I doubt anything will happen to those responsible for dumping it or using it so irresponsibly.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join