It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAPER: Clinton Iowa Stop Staged; Campaign Drove 'ORDINARY' Voters For Photo-Op

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This just broke.
Apparently, Hillary is now staging her 'impromptu meet 'n' greets with ordinary Iowans'. In fact, she's chauffeuring these ordinary folks to campaign stops where she then pretends to randomly meet and greet them. The entire episode was scripted and staged from beginning to end. NOTHING was left to chance. So much for HRC's 'spontaneous' outreach to ordinary folks in Iowa.

Campaign staff DROVE 'ordinary' Iowans to Hillary's first campaign stop – including health care 'lobbyist in training' who was an Obama campaign intern and Biden chauffeur

Austin Bird sat for coffee on Tuesday morning in the town of LeClaire, Iowa, chatting with Hillary Clinton as photographers snapped pictures

News reports called him a 'student' and her campaign called it an unscripted event
But Clinton's Iowa political director Troy Price drove Bird and two other people to the coffee house

Bird is a hospital government relations official who interned with Barack Obama's 2012 presidential campaign

The Iowa Democratic Party, which Price ran until a week ago, tasked him to be Joe Biden's driver during an October Senate campaign trip in Davenport

Hillary Clinton's astroturf candidacy is in full swing in Iowa.

Her Tuesday morning visit to a coffee shop in LeClaire, Iowa was staged from beginning to end, according to Austin Bird, one of the men pictured sitting at the table with Mrs. Clinton.

Bird told Daily Mail Online that campaign staffer Troy Price called and asked him and two other young people to meet him Tuesday
morning at a restaurant in Davenport, a nearby city.

Price then drove them to the coffee house to meet Clinton after vetting them for about a half-hour.

The three got the lion's share of Mrs. Clinton's time and participated in what breathless news reports described as a 'roundtable'– the first of many in her brief Iowa campaign swing.

Bird himself is a frequent participant in Iowa Democratic Party events. He interned with President Obama's 2012 presidential re-election campaign, and was tapped to chauffeur Vice President Joe Biden in October 2014 when he visited Davenport.

'What happened is, we were just asked to be there by Troy,' Bird said Wednesday in a phone interview.

'We were asked to come to a meeting with Troy, the three of us, at the Village Inn.'
The other two, he confirmed, were University of Iowa College Democrats president Carter Bell. and Planned Parenthood of the Heartland employee Sara Sedlacek.

'It was supposed to be a strategy meeting,' Bird recalled, 'to get our thoughts about issues. But then all of a sudden he says, "Hey, we have Secretary Clinton coming in, would you like to go meet her?"'
'And then we got in a car – Troy's car – and we went up to the coffee house, and we sat at a table and then Hillary just came up and talked with us.'

Bird said 'we all were called.'
'I mean, Troy asked us all to do – to go to a meeting with him. And we didn't really know what it was about. I mean, he did. He knew.'

FULL Article:
www.dailymail.co.uk... bama-campaign-intern-Biden-chauffeur.html
edit on 15-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: caps changed

edit on 15-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
they had to be checked out. I would have done it too. the republicans will go to great lengths for a "gotcha moment"....as we have seen on a regular basis in the past....they have called her every name in the book, and been threatened by the looneys on the right...and besides, you don't think the republicans that are running are not doing the same thing?...get real
edit on 15-4-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is a surprise? She's totally dishonest. Why expect otherwise?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

This is a surprise? She's totally dishonest. Why expect otherwise?

Not surprised at all. Just glad to see they still get called out when they're trying to con us.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
they had to be checked out. I would have done it too. the republicans will go to great lengths for a "gotcha moment"....as we have seen on a regular basis in the past....they have called her every name in the book, and been threatened by the looneys on the right...and besides, you don't think the republicans that are running are not doing the same thing?...get real

Did they 'check out' everyone in Chipolte, as well? Apparently not.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I still want to know why the media went completely ape shyte over her stop into a Chipotle.

How is that news? How is that worthy of lengthy discussion on every news channel?

They detailed her order, they talked about how "She's just like us! She eats Chipotle!" Yeah, and she probably had god-awful diarrhea afterward like the rest of us, too.

This is going to be a looooooong campaign if idiotic crap like that is what will qualify as "election news." It almost makes me wonder if they're desperately reaching for anything that will distract people from Hillary's scandal pile.
edit on 4/15/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Omg first fake twitter followers and now a staged photo op?!

Where will it end!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I have seen full blown segments each day devoted to Hillary since she announced and she hasn't even given a live interview or speech but Rand Paul has received flat hostile interviews and Rubio got a minor 2 minutes focused more on Jeb.
I agree...it is going to be a long one.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

I have seen full blown segments each day devoted to Hillary since she announced and she hasn't even given a live interview or speech but Rand Paul has received flat hostile interviews and Rubio got a minor 2 minutes focused more on Jeb.
I agree...it is going to be a long one.

It will probably be a good thing.

People will be tired of seeing her on the news by the time election season really heats up.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I still want to know why the media went completely ape shyte over her stop into a Chipotle.

How is that news? How is that worthy of lengthy discussion on every news channel?

They detailed her order, they talked about how "She's just like us! She eats Chipotle!" Yeah, and she probably had god-awful diarrhea afterward like the rest of us, too.

This is going to be a looooooong campaign if idiotic crap like that is what will qualify as "election news." It almost makes me wonder if they're desperately reaching for anything that will distract people from Hillary's scandal pile.

They are putting lipstick on a pig.
Nobody is excited about her run. The average folks of this country are sick of her already.
She is a loser. In some sense just like Romney lost his electability after the first election loss. Kerry same way. McCain will never run again but if he did he would just be seen as a has been loser too.
People want winners, not losers.
Rand Paul will get his one chance, then just be seen as a perpetual loser candidate like his father.

In the past people could run multiple times and reinvent themselves, like Nixon or Reagan. Today it is not possible, too much exposure 24/7.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
She is a Pathological liar, who has ridden husand Bills coat tails as he raped and molested countless women. What Monica Lewinsky went through was a travesty. I will vote for no one. I give no one the right to speak on my behalf. The whole system is corrupt to the core and I will not participate in this farce. Please think about it. How has voting for Democratic A$$hole A or Republican A$$hole B worked for you all these years? Pick the lesser of two evils is still picking an evil. None for me thanks!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

agreed..I mean "what difference does it make"?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Just the opening act of what promises to be an impressive and entertaining puppet show that will fool millions because they're painfully and comically stupid.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Omg first fake twitter followers and now a staged photo op?!

Where will it end!

Great question, Sremmos!
We don't know where it will end, but her campaign has been "fake" and "staged" from the beginning.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No Hillary, you won't ever be able to relate or understand the average American, you freakin' liar. You don't want to be our "Champion", I'm not buying it, nor will I ever buy the crap you are trying to sell.

Go drive a crummy beat 10 year old van and work 10 hours a day doing something productive for a few years and then you might get an inkling, Hillary.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
330 million Americans and all the Democrats can front up with is this woman with her dubious past,her 2 million imaginary twitter followers and now staged campaign events but dont worry they have 2.5 billion to spend to hypnotize the chickens and put this woman into office which they probably will do,what a sick joke.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Next she will accidentally run into Brian Williams at a street corner !!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

...and they'll both come under enemy fire

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

How? Cause some people have an issue with politicians being politicians?

I mean this doesn't look great, but I doubt any one seriously cares that much about photo ops when they are done by everyone quite regularly.

I just wonder how many threads you will be making on the other guys.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: xuenchen

...and they'll both come under enemy fire

I bet ole papa Bill can give them some tips on how to sell the story even after almost everyone involved says its bunk.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join