It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunburned in April in the UK??!!! How is your weather?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yesterday and today I have been working outside repairing an old stone wall.
I knew it was unusually hot of course as I took my hoody off, then my tee-shirt, because 23C in the shade requires such action when lifting, laying and cutting heavy limestone, but sunburn, in April???

I feel such a knob, burnt arms, shoulders, back, neck and even head as I have a grade 0 skinhead haircut.
Learned my lesson, now wait for the dreaded skin peeling and/or possible melanoma in years to come.

How's the weather where you are?
I see it's raining and 10C in Scotland lol, glad I don't live there

edit on 15.4.2015 by grainofsand because: Spelling - 'wear' to 'where' lol

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's hot. Especially the commute to uni. The worst part today was when the train got so packed, I couldn't breath. Too many sweaty people. TFL claims the met line is "fully" air-conditioned. There's a bit of cold breeze but not enough.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
17 C / 64 F
Rain so far since Sunday night and calling for more until Tuesday....

At least it's not snow/ice...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I could do for some sunshine as it's been raining by the buckets the past few days. I love a nice spring shower, but when it's as heavy as it has been or lasts more than a few days it tends to wear out its welcome. Be sure to tend to that sunburn with some aloe if you happen to have a plant handy.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here in the mile high Rockies in the Rio Grande valley, it's sunny with fluffy white clouds, a few chemtrails and 70F.

Just right for a nice drive with the top down.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777
Argh! Sweaty people on trains, I feel ya! haha

a reply to: TNMockingbird
Haven't seen rain for a few weeks, don't miss it at all!
I grew up in Wales and it seems to rain every day there, my family often join communal feasts with sacrificial lambs when that ball in the sky comes out lol

a reply to: FatherStacks
No Aloe unfortunately, but found some moisturiser an ex girlfriend left in my bathroom a few years ago so trying that.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
That sounds lovely, reminds me of:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I thought people from the UK could get sunburnt checking their mail?

edit on 15-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
Haha, we avoid that by mostly everyone having letterboxes in our front doors!
...never been burned in April, really surprised. Took a walk at the beach after work and the sea is still freezing cold though, only went up to my knees, give it a few more weeks of Sun I reckon.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Typical April weather - cloudy, cool and rainy here.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good ol South USA . Cool and rainy

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nice and warm here in Ontario Canada. around 15C

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You can get sunburn in the winter and even through cloud cover.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
You're from the UK as well aren't ya, if I'm right in my thinking.
Isn't it mad that we can have such a massive difference in temperatures on our little rock in the Atlantic.
My son asked me once, "Why didn't you move North when you left Wales?" and I chuckled saying "Nobody moves North lad" Lol, no offence to my lovely Northern cousins, love ya really!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp
Haha yep, learned my lesson. As I said, I feel a bit of a knob now, especially when I was working only 2 minutes walk from a £1 shop that sells high factor sunscreen for only...a pound.

a reply to: Calob
Is 15C classed as warm in Canada??!!

edit on 15.4.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
You're from the UK as well aren't ya, if I'm right in my thinking.
Isn't it mad that we can have such a massive difference in temperatures on our little rock in the Atlantic.
My son asked me once, "Why didn't you move North when you left Wales?" and I chuckled saying "Nobody moves North lad" Lol, no offence to my lovely Northern cousins, love ya really!

Not quite.

I'm actually smack dab in the middle of the US.

But that's OK. You might have me mixed up with someone else.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Im in the North of England and the weathers been crap. Cloudy most of the day then the sun got out around 3pm. You lucky bugger.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Haha, oops, sorry, I must have been thinking of a similar username!
Slap bang in the middle of the US? Oh my gosh, I've always lived right next to the sea, I can't imagine being so far inland.

a reply to: EnigmaAgent
Gutted for you!
My neice had a crazy weekend in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago, said it was freezing but all the Geordie lasses were in strappy dresses like it was Summer...respect, they're harder up Norf!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Ooo i love that track.
Cold here nearly winter down here, we are having firebox installed on our house today, can't wait to light the thing up. Spring here is the worst time to get burnt here as the ozone hole is right above us and fresh winter skin is not use to sunny days. Lavender oil is good for burns.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster
Lovely track isn't it

Didn't think of you folk in the Southern hemisphere, ah that horrible approach of Winter!!
Spring equinox to Autumn equinox is the only period of time I like living here in the UK.
I've spent a few Winters abroad to escape it but being a parent that has been quite a few years ago now. My youngest is turning 18 soon and going to university so I'm feeling the call of working like a dog in Spring/Summer again to raise funds then travelling October to April again in warm climes.
...I'll make sure I remember my sunscreen as well lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join