It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You must have some great stories.

www.usmma.edu...

I didn't even know those opportunities were available for women.

What kind of work did you do?

I have to say.... when I think of Sailor in the Merchant Marines, I think of a big boned Danish women, but I saw a picture of you a few month's back when I was digging into the achaives here at ATS. In your Picture you look like a very petite woman, and you have a beautiful face.

I would love to hear some of your stories, if you want to share.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi everyone,

True, I'm with Night. I love the way you write. Must hear more.

Night, I have been thinking about you, and I too will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes your way so you can stay in your home.

Is that a picture of one of your past cats? very cute.

Dang Jacy, What a fun way to spend a day. Haven't done the "Bumming it day" in a long time.

I've been keeping my eye on USGS, lots going on today. I'm focusing on the New Madrid. A bit of action going there. The Earthquakes of 1811-1812 started in December.

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening. I am off to look at maps.
edit on 7-12-2015 by crappiekat because: to add. Getting forgetful

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Link to Walkins pic please!

Nope, I have had many cats through the years, but that one wasn't mine, just something I found on facebook.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Night was curious about Martin's necklace and why it was glowing. Drego didn't know why either, or anyone else for that matter. She reached her hand out To Aria the winged ghost elf, but her hand slipped through the ghostly image. Slowly though, she emerged on her own. Night and the others smiled and introduced themselves, making the winged elf feel safe and welcomed.

Outside the cave a storm was brewing with wild winds, lightening danced across the darkened sky and thunder filled the air.

Pesky flew over and curled up on Night's head beneath the hood of her velvet cloak. The baby miniature dragon was wrapped snuggly in his warm little blanket and stayed inside the pouch that was draped across Night's body. "Well, it doesn't look like we'll be traveling any time soon. There is a myriad of wonderful tunnels and rooms. Perhaps we should pick one, settle down and get to know each other better. I am very curious about your necklace Martin. It is quite beautiful and mysterious."

Hugo, the big black wildcat with rainbow colored wings sniffed the air and proceeded with caution down the cold dank tunnel leading the companions forward.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
As they wandered farther into the cave, they found an enchanting room with tiny colored lights strewn about the place and a large decorated tree in one corner. The furniture was exquisite with deeply carved wooden legs and embroidered cushions. Most of the walls were shelved with books. There were large vases of red and white flowers with pine cones, candy canes and berries thrown in. On one table there was a red and gold platter with fruits and nuts and dishes of delicious looking baked goods. The entire place smelled of nature with cloves and cinnamon , orange, apple and pine. A fireplace was built into the stone wall and was lit with a warm and blazing fire.

Slowly an elderly gentleman in a long crimson colored robe with a walking stick came forward smiling warmly. "It has been a very long time since I have had any company, please, sit down and make yourselves at home. His weathered face was pleasing and kind. Wolf walked over to the elderly man and sat at his feet. Night had to chuckle as Wolf didn't usually take to strangers so quickly.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Great additions to the story.

I was buzzing around and saw this Picture.

meripet.org...

I could just imagine us all sitting around this huge fire place and laughing and joking and enjoying some Christmas cheer.

Sorry, haven't taken the time to learn to embed pic's.

edit on 7-12-2015 by crappiekat because: to add. Getting forgetful

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Wow what an awesome pic! Yeah, I can picture us all sitting around in there for sure!!!!!

Gawd, I just tried to explain how to upload pics in here but it took forever and sounded confusing. Can some one else help???? If not, I'll try again tomorrow. LOL

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hello to All My Shedland Inhabitant Friends! I do surely Wish You are ALL doing Well!!
I love seeing the activity here! Also I Loved the New Story Entries!!! Makes Me want to do some writing for it too!!

a reply to: TrueBrit

I am doing ok I guess Pete. Thanx for asking! I see You are Well and have had quite the adventurous time lately! Good for You! Kudos for the Elloquent write up You gave here on it!! I have always Loved Your Word-Smithing Bud!! Always such a pleasure to read!!!...

a reply to: Martin75

Hey! Like I told Pete, I'm doing ok. Thanx! I hope You are well...
And Thank You for the link to that Thread! I do appreciate it!!...

Hi Night! Thanx for the info on the deleted Threads, but as You can see Martin beat You to the punch! LOL!!
I do appreciate You letting Me know though, My Elven Friend!!

a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey Walkin! How are You doing? I hope You are Well!!
Saving messages on a flash Drive is actually a good idea!
I may borrow that one! (If You don't mind! ) LOL!!

I hope to see You All, And Everyone else, soon Here!!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Night I have your Back on the Embedding Explanation...
I just wrote it up and saved it for future use for others!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Hi Kat!! Hope You are doing ok there!...
Here's a write up I did For You on how to Embed Images here at ATS...
I know You can get Images into Your Uploads section, Because I see Your Avatar,
but thought I would explain it all from scratch, for those who may not know anything at all about doing an Embed...
You, or anyone else for that Matter, are welcome to copy it to give to others
whom You may see here to help them with embedding... Ok here it is...

1.) Save the image to Your Computer. To make it easier, save it in a New Folder that You should Create just for doing this...

2.) Open the Upolads here by clicking the Icon on the top of Your page here that has an arrow pointing down inside of a circle (dot), this will open a drop down Menu.

3.) In that Menu You will see an Icon that Says 'Uploads' Next to a cloud with an arrow pointing Up. Click That.

4.) On the left of the new Window You will see an Icon that Says 'Upload' Underneath a cloud. Click that and in the new window that appears, Click 'Select Files' to open up Your Computer so You can find that image You just saved.

5.) In the window that will open so You can find the Image, Click on the Image and then Click down at the bottom of the window where it says 'Open'.

6.) Now that Image is ready to upload here. In the new small window that will appear, Click the Icon that is an Arrow pointing Up inside a small cloud.

7.) Now that Image is in Your Uploads section here, or should be.

8.) Click the Image and another small window will open. It will show the image and some codes below it. Highlight the first code and copy it.

9.) Then You can paste that code into a reply box when You do a reply to someone, or just open a reply box specifically to paste in the code. Either way the image will appear. (will be Embedded!)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here is some of The Dragons in Our Dragons Keep Here Sleeping for the night.
I am going to do the same. Almost Two in the morning...
Good Night and Pleasent Dreams...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hehe!

Cheers bud! Its funny you should say that, because I have received my first ever complaint about my writing, from a member who finds my method of delivery to be "clunky" and has suggested that "anachronism is pretension" where my writing is concerned. It has only taken eight years!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Gordi and Jacy, better behave because Santa is checking his list twice to make sure if your naughty or nice! Honestly, he gets so confused with you sometimes...on the nice list then the naughty list then back on the nice list then...

But...but..... she made me do it! and.... sometimes it's nice to be naughty!

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
You strike me as the type who LIVES for weird days.

Now Jessie! I hadn't actually thought of it like that.... but now that you mention it.... LOL

G

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!!!

Crappie I love that room!!!! It looks so warm and inviting!!!

True - I finally got a chance to sit down and read your story. Oh how I love to read your writing. I honestly think you could make instructions sound interesting. LOL

Night - I love the story entry and I LOVE how you have gathered us for the Holiday gathering!

Hello to anyone that I missed!!

I hope everyone is having a great week. I have almost finished my Christmas shopping. I still have lots of wrapping to do though. This year a was a bit lazy. I went to the Only $1 and bought a bunch a fancy boxes. They had some that are shaped like mailboxes they are soooo cute!!!!

OK guys, snowball fight outside while the pixies are finishing fixing the food.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Hello to You and everyone else!

LOL True! That is funny!! LOL!!

Jessie, that is a funny pic You dropped in here! LMAO!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
OMG True, I LOVE how you write, so very eloquent and amusing! I would love to go out partying with you! You remind me of my wild youth when I would go out with friends. Hell, now my big night out with friends is a restaurant and two drinks. LOL

Love that you have a new lady in your life! I'm sure she will call and we will have more wonderful stories coming up! Yay! As for the one who called you hot...well, look at you! Big strong good looking long haired guy!
Mark is 57 and still has long hair like you and I still love it!

Hehe! Well, in regard to wild youth, I believe mine may be coming to a close. I can no longer quaff an entire bottle of rum without experiencing alcoholic ammesia, so on that score, and assuming a bell curve which grows steeper over time, I can see a time when I will be reduced to drinking a couple of ales and calling it a night myself!

As for the lady in question, I texted her whilst she was in her cab home, and have yet to receive a reply or any form of communication what so ever. I am reliably informed that this means that although the evening in question was pleasant as can be, the lady likely wishes not to repeat said experience, leave alone have any more involved contact. This is a shame of course, but it has been several days, and so I must resign myself to that assumption.

And on the subject of the random lass declaring me to be hot, I have realised that there is every chance that she had on her finest beer goggles at the time, which can render a Velcro nightmare such as myself, into a figure from the epics of history without too much effort. It has happened before! I was once dumped after a week by a woman who announced, upon being asked why that she could not see me any more, because she had finally sobered up! None the less, I am feeling rather better about myself. It has been some time since the glandular responses involved with Friday nights activities were last active in my system, and unexpectedly, I have missed them in their absence!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good morning Family!!

Only on my first coffee, so not very awake lol...
*yawn*
Why am I covered in crumbs?

Happy to see all y'all,

jacy

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good day, dear Jacy!

Aside from being covered in food particles, how are you?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

That's what I thought!

Of all the things I have done around here, including being responsible for several ruined keyboards and the loss of mouthful after mouthful of coffee, as a result of people trying to laugh and drink all at once, writing poorly is not among my many misdeeds!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Hi hunny!!

Did I read that right? Someone called your writing "clunky"?? Wow...
So not clunky. Smooth...like honey....some people, eh?

I'm okay, thanks. Dealing with life.
(Just found a Cheerio in my hair....haven't had Cheerios....blaming Sophie....)

Are you good? Oh, and beer goggles my butt....you're a hottie! (Would I lie to you?)

jacy

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join