It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism and Monotheism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
WARNING: TROLL VIRUS PROTECTION ENGAGED! IF YOU DON'T READ THIS ENTIRE OP, AND THEN PROCEED TO MAKE A STATEMENT OR ASK A QUESTION THAT IS ALREADY ADDRESSED IN THIS OP, I WILL IGNORE YOUR POST. HEHEHE. MWAHAHAHA. ahem.

First thing you must understand is monotheism and totalitarianism are essentially, cut from the same cloth. Keep this in mind as you read.

For thousands of years, people were essentially polytheists. There's evidence that even old testament Judaism started out, as polytheistic. Polytheism was a socially friendly construct. It may have occasionally caused problems when the names attributed to one region's gods/goddesses, did not jive with the names from another, but overall, the people in an area, were rarely at war amongst themselves other than petty squabbles. This is not to say that there wasn't one god in particular who was given the most gravitas and respect, a father god or mother goddess, if you will, a leader of a divine council, but generally speaking, our ancestors were not monotheists.

So where did the monotheist concept come from? Biblically, monotheism seems to have overwritten the polytheistic reality already apparent in its pages. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why, so I began an earnest search for the answers.

It appears there were at least 3 authors of old testament torah (deuterocanonical texts (first five books), each adding to the original body of writing, weaving the new passages into already existing passages. This impacted the polytheistic areas of the text in a way that nearly obscured them entirely (in fact, it obscured alot more than just the polytheism but also world events and their timelines).

Because the old testament era is such a dark and violent section of the text, many seekers don't want to read it at all. The few that do, see the vengeful Jehovah as the epitome of everything that is wrong with humans and in some cases, that alone turns them from the faith, completely. There is perhaps no better deterrent to faith, post Jesus, than the old testament monotheistic god. If you want to make the average, caring, loving person, into an atheist, just have them read the old testament without a handler dictating how they should feel about what they're reading.

What does this have to do with modern Atheism? Well let me show you:

For nearly 1500 years, the people of Europe and territories conquered by the totalitarian Holy Roman Empire, were not allowed to read the text of the Bible. This was due, IN PART, because it was a difficult and time intensive process, writing all those words out by hand, involving various technical skills including creation of the papyrus/scrolls/paper and the creation of the ink and writing implements. It was in effect, a science all its own and as a result, finished texts were sparse and chained to walls, locked in boxes, and hidden from the prying hands and eyes of parishioners. In addition, it was written in Latin and/or Greek only, which many could not read. And the icing on the cake - the literacy rate was pretty abysmal even in the public's own native languages. Then came the printing press and everything changed.

With the advent of the printing press, the text of the bible was printed quickly (by comparison) AND in the native languages of potential European readers (mostly German and English). It was a feeding frenzy amongst the literate. Many soon learned what the holy roman empire had forced on them as if it were taught by Jesus himself, was not anywhere in the entire bible, much less in the words of Jesus. This gave rise to protesting groups who no longer believed that the papacy had or should have, final say in everything spiritual or historical. Thousands left the catholic church in disgust, refused to pay papal taxes and the war of ideas began in earnest. The papacy panicked as their power and influence over the "truth" began to wane, and thus ensued the Inquisition and (here's the clincher) the school of Higher Criticism.

Europe had become the cultural center of the world, with schools of higher learning (universities) emerging most dramatically in Germany. The papal seat had been moved to Germany and all professors at the universities were themselves, catholic priests and other catholic clergy. Higher Criticism was developed at this point, to prove via scholarly effort, that the papal interpretation of the bible was the only legitimate history of the world. Of course, only catholic scholars were able to take part.

At that point, students at the German universities were taught about the classical world as well. This gave rise to criticism of the classical world texts by the Higher Critics, and not just criticism of the epics, but also of the annals and city documents. One critic thought he had discovered a discrepancy in the text of Homer, and developed a hypothesis, wherein he stated that the ancient greeks couldn't have possibly written the texts at the time they claimed. It was a resounding success. This resulted in ancient greek history being removed from historical consideration. Ancient Greeks: 0, Papacy: 1.

The rest of ancient history met the same fate, as a result. In fact, even the bible met this fate, when, after having tossed out the rest of the ancient histories, a higher critic realized there was no longer any historical support for the bible. Forty years later, when the science of archaeology began, it was discovered the ancient greeks could write, but it was too late for the ancient history, and this error was never corrected.

Isn't it curious that just as people began to read the texts of the new testament themselves, for the first time, and decided to follow what Jesus said instead of what the papacy said, that the papacy suddenly elected to stuff the bible, and the rest of the ancient world, into the "fantasy section" of the school library? This event started the enlightenment, which on its surface, was not a bad thing as it gave rise to actual science and medicine and archaeology, etc. However, the underlying theme here was the new drumbeat, the new papal truth, and they had all their "priests" in place in the universities, to force it on the whole world. They are in total control of the narrative both theist and atheist.

If you're an atheist, you're a catholic. No joke.

edit on 14-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
So where did the monotheist concept come from? Biblically, monotheism seems to have overwritten the polytheistic reality already apparent in its pages. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why, so I began an earnest search for the answers.

Monotheism comes from Zoroastrianism. You can also thank that religion for inventing the dualistic good vs evil paradigm as well as the end of the world good vs evil final battle and judging of all humans on earth.

Because the old testament era is such a dark and violent section of the text, many seekers don't want to read it at all. The few that do, see the vengeful Jehovah as the epitome of everything that is wrong with humans and in some cases, that alone turns them from the faith, completely. There is perhaps no better deterrent to faith, post Jesus, than the old testament monotheistic god. If you want to make the average, caring, loving person, into an atheist, just have them read the old testament without a handler dictating how they should feel about what they're reading.

Why should you be told how you should feel about what you are reading? That sounds controlling to me. You should just read the text and form your own opinions and feelings.

What does this have to do with modern Atheism? Well let me show you:

Isn't it curious that just as people began to read the texts of the new testament themselves, for the first time, and decided to follow what Jesus said instead of what the papacy said, that the papacy suddenly elected to stuff the bible, and the rest of the ancient world, into the "fantasy section" of the school library? This event started the enlightenment, which on its surface, was not a bad thing as it gave rise to actual science and medicine and archaeology, etc. However, the underlying theme here was the new drumbeat, the new papal truth, and they had all their "priests" in place in the universities, to force it on the whole world. They are in total control of the narrative both theist and atheist.

If you're an atheist, you're a catholic. No joke.

This argument makes zero sense even with your explanation which even though I snipped most of it, I read several times.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

it's simple: when the papacy realized they were losing control of the narrative, they, knowing full well there was science hidden in the mystery schools and supporting ancient texts, decided to embrace it for the express reason of controlling it. they were/are secretly polytheists themselves, but this is hidden because it doesn't work well with totalitarianism. so when you see "one god", whether that be a human, an ET, a supernatural being, or the universe, you're looking at monotheistic totalitarianism.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Disregarding the lack of evidence for those claims, I fail to see how that makes atheists catholic. Atheists disbelieve in ALL gods. That includes polytheistic ones too.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That will be 3 Hail Marys and 2 our Fathers Krazy!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Disregarding the lack of evidence for those claims, I fail to see how that makes atheists catholic. Atheists disbelieve in ALL gods. That includes polytheistic ones too.

doesn't matter, they created the narrative, or rather, let the cat out of the bag, so they could control it. they no longer care if you're religious or not, cause they control what the scientific community is allowed to know as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You don't need to be part of a university or have some certain knowledge or be a part of anything scientific or anything else to be an Atheist though.

You can be born in the jungle and never had a formal education or be a part of anything scientific or anything and still be an Atheist by not believing in a god.

So even if the Catholics control all the schools and scientific institutions as well as the churches, you can be an atheist without belonging to any of those catholic controlled institutions. There isn't some 'narrative' for atheism. Just non-belief in gods.
edit on 14-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would credit the scientific community via the Enlightenment to protestants, not Catholics. The protestants thought that paganism was tainting the Church, and set out to purge it. The rise of modern science is linked to the protestant approach to texts, and ultimately that spelled an end to the symbolic world of the Middle Ages, and established the conditions for the scientific investigation and technological exploitation of nature.

👣

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You can be born in the jungle and never had a formal education or be a part of anything scientific or anything and still be an Atheist by not believing in a god.

this is true, however, i'm talking about controlling the population enmasse, which, as the cities and population increases, and information is disseminated amongst the population, the narrative is narrowly controlled and directed.

ever wonder why the catholic church controls the hubble space telescope? that's weird, doncha think?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
I would credit the scientific community via the Enlightenment to protestants, not Catholics. The protestants thought that paganism was tainting the Church, and set out to purge it. The rise of modern science is linked to the protestant approach to texts, and ultimately that spelled an end to the symbolic world of the Middle Ages, and established the conditions for the scientific investigation and technological exploitation of nature.

👣

true, but i think protestanism was unduly effected by catholicism, as many of the papal teachings regarding things like noah's flood where noah's ark supposedly had 2 of every critter on the planet, are still advanced by protestant preachers even though the text says 7 clean male and female, 7 fowl male and female and 2 unclean male and female (that's like 32 animals) that can't possibly be all the animals on the planet. how would protestant scholars miss that? i'm not saying they are lying but they were influenced by what was happening in the papacy.

also i'm saying that in reality, polytheism is the original faith system of our ancestors and the papacy knew that and deliberately hid it, just as its hidden in the old testament, just as mystery schools deliberately hide information from the "profane"

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

ever wonder why the catholic church controls the hubble space telescope? that's weird, doncha think?

Kind of I guess, but maybe it's because they funded it or something. I mean they are Rich as hell. Maybe they control it because they are using it to look for God.

I still don't see how any of that means atheists are catholic though. What narrative are you applying to atheism??

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Deu 32:8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.
Deu 32:9 But the LORD's portion is his people, Jacob his allotted heritage.

Polytheism has it's roots at Babel .God was fed up with man failing to listen to Him to fill the earth .Each one of the 70 nations were given to one of the sons of God from the divine council .Most bible translations of Det.32:8 such as King James and many others say ...Deu 32:8 When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel. ....Israel came about years after the Babel incident and the insertion comes about from the Masoretic Text that was created around 100 AD . The dead sea scrolls as well as the Septuagint does not have Israel .

OP is correct about Rome controlling both sides of the debate .The higher academics are the gate keepers . They created the institutions and the narrative for the most part that put the Jesuits inside the reformation .They work as a fifth column.They new they couldn't destroy the reformation from outside so they went in undercover . They also control most political systems ..by hook or by crook is their mo

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
As an atheist, I can assure you I am not a Catholic. Even if the Catholic church controlled every aspect of my life, it would not make me a Catholic. It would just mean they're jerks! One God, or many.. I don't believe in any!

edit on 4-14-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: grammar

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
As an atheist, I can assure you I am not a Catholic. Even if the Catholic church controlled every aspect of my life, it would not make me a Catholic. It would just mean they're jerks! One God, or many.. I don't believe in any!

fair enough. i just thought you should know that as far as world views go, yours is controlled without your knowledge, by a bunch of italian guys (oh and a former nazi kid). hehe

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

yeah i was gonna bring up the divine council passages. i learned that along the way as well, and was like "oh that explains alot!"

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

No, it really isn't. Nobody forced me to be an atheist. Also, atheists are just people who don't believe in any Gods. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone can come to that stance on their own.

I think I understand what you're trying to say though. Basically that the RCC controls the narrative of the whole world? That they don't care what anyone believes anymore, just as long as it isn't the real truth? Which, according to you is polytheism? So which Gods? Any specific pantheon? How does your theory fit with places in the world that were outside the reach of the RCC?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I see what you're saying, but even if it were true that the Vatican still had/has such power to control the dissemination of religious and scientific information, it wouldn't make a present day atheist, Catholic. It would just make the information some atheists might base their non-belief on, skewed and/or untrustworthy. I have no doubt we are all deceived to some degree. That's a given.

I can only speak for myself, but at this point in my life, there is no turning me from atheism. Not because I don't consider the idea of a creator or creators, a possibility. But because the concept of deity/divinity is a wholly human construct.

As always, interesting read undo. S&F.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Atheism isn't a world view though. It just means you don't believe in God or Gods.

Other than that Atheists have all kinds of different beliefs and world views. They just have that one thing in common which is that they don't believe in God.

That isn't a 'world view' under anyone's control.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I think I understand what you're trying to say though. Basically that the RCC controls the narrative of the whole world? That they don't care what anyone believes anymore, just as long as it isn't the real truth? Which, according to you is polytheism? So which Gods? Any specific pantheon? How does your theory fit with places in the world that were outside the reach of the RCC?

i will say that i am a christian, more of the protestant variety than anything else. i don't actually attend a church anymore. however, i was trying to figure out what the big secret was, why the old testament was changed, why the sumerian texts tell almost the same stories but there are actually more than 3 gods/goddesses in it, with 3 gods in particular being most important, where one is called jehovah in one part of the bible, and another is called jehovah in another part, and yet another, is called jehovah in another part, and then all are said to be one guy in the bible (if my research is correct, the grumpy jehovah in the old testament is actually satan, not god.

so theoretically, one of the "gods" of the ancient world was actually an evil guy, who hated humans, demanded they worship only him (monotheistic totalirianism), and frequently killed them off in mass numbers if they decided to say, worship avocadoes lol. that's kinda relevant to our modern times. if'n ya know what i mean. it's totalitarianism, monotheistic, totalitarianism and for some strange reason, it gets along swimmingly with modern atheistic political structures that want everyone to be atheists. totalitarianism. spell it out slowly, let it roll over your tongue. let it sink in.

why there are so many mystery religions and secret brotherhoods and what they could all be hiding from the rest of us? some of the fraternal orders have stated that their important information is not for the profane because in the hands of the unschooled, it could be seriously dangerous. what in the sam hill are they talking about?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Atheism isn't a world view though. It just means you don't believe in God or Gods.

Other than that Atheists have all kinds of different beliefs and world views. They just have that one thing in common which is that they don't believe in God.

That isn't a 'world view' under anyone's control.

oh i disagree. i think you're being programmed to believe that you shouldn't have to share the planet with "religious" people, for a reason. totalitarianism. evil bad guy hates humans. any chance he gets he latches on to groups that want to kill people enmasse, particularly people that haven't actually done anything to deserve it, generally speaking.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join