It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism and Monotheism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
oh i disagree. i think you're being programmed to believe that you shouldn't have to share the planet with "religious" people, for a reason. totalitarianism. evil bad guy hates humans. any chance he gets he latches on to groups that want to kill people enmasse, particularly people that haven't actually done anything to deserve it, generally speaking.

What are you talking about??? If anyone is being programmed it's Religious people who are programmed to think the world is after them.

Just because Atheists don't believe in God that doesn't mean they are being programmed for a planet without Religion. Like it's been said many times already, Atheism is just "not believing in God". That's it. Nothing else applies by default. Atheists aren't a group of people who follow some set of beliefs. They simply don't believe in God. A non-belief in something doesn't include a whole set of other values or beliefs in something else.

This meme that Religious people are developing about how everyone is out to kill them is stupid and it's getting worse because more and more of them are getting in on it which makes them act even more crazy than usual. They then act out against other people and groups claiming they are doing so only in self defense but it's BS. It's the Religious people themselves that are causing the problems by believing in their own BS. Y'all just need to calm the hell down.

I am of course speaking about this from the perspective of Religion here in the US. In other parts of the world people of various groups really are being killed. But in the US, it's not happening.
edit on 14-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

There is a much larger context to the Biblical stories that need to be understood in order to separate the evil God from the loving God .A good part of the deal goes to that small area of land we call the holy land that God claimed for His own .The divine council didnt know Gods bigger plan and probably should have kept away from there and that is where the conflict and the need for God to have done what He did .

As for the confusion of the different powers in Heaven and the plurality of a one God ,Micheal Heiser gives a very good lecture on this and explains it quite well .
He has a few lectures worth taking in .imo

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

i know that each person is an individual (That's kinda my point in this entire thread), but at the top of the global food chain, the call has went out. why did the globalists start attacking islamic countries? what do some muslims want to do as a result? and the poor atheists are stuck in the middle of all that insanity, wishing "verbally" in print, right here on ats even, that they will be glad when religion is gone. only room in their world view for one god: themselves (monotheistic totalitarianism)
edit on 14-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Seriously, if you want to know why so many people seem to have a bad attitude toward Religion and the Religious right now it's because of stuff like this. Telling other people what they think.

Religious people by their own design have created a narrative that everyone else is out to get them. Meanwhile they are the ones going around telling others what they believe and what they are doing. You don't get to tell Atheists what Atheists are about. You don't get to dictate what other people believe or don't believe. You are doing exactly what you claim others are doing to you and it needs to stop.

Don't tell my I'm being programmed by Religion, Catholic or otherwise, when you obviously don't even understand the definition of Atheism. In fact, you need to stop telling everyone that they are being programmed by some evil entity or whatever and worry about what you're being indoctrinated with yourself.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

i' ve watched and read most of mr. heiser's stuff and even interviewed him on my old blog talk radio show. he's awesome but has the occasional tunnel vision. not to the point where it's entirely bad, just enough where i have to now pay very close attention to everything he says and do research on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

so theoretically, one of the "gods" of the ancient world was actually an evil guy, who hated humans, demanded they worship only him (monotheistic totalirianism), and frequently killed them off in mass numbers if they decided to say, worship avocadoes lol. that's kinda relevant to our modern times. if'n ya know what i mean. it's totalitarianism, monotheistic, totalitarianism and for some strange reason, it gets along swimmingly with modern atheistic political structures that want everyone to be atheists. totalitarianism. spell it out slowly, let it roll over your tongue. let it sink in.

Can you give me some examples of atheistic political structures that want everyone to be atheists and explain how they get along with your monotheistic totalitarianism?

I personally believe that, while religion has its positive aspects, it is ultimately dangerous in it's current form. Largely because of things like the Old Testament. Because these things are so open to interpretation, it leaves the door open for people to use them to justify all sorts of abhorrent behavior. It isn't just Abrahamic texts, nor are Abrahamic religions the only ones using their beliefs to justify abhorrent behavior.

Does that mean I want everyone to be an atheist? No. Some people truly need religion or faith in their life. I would just like to see religion evolve past leaving room open for hatred and bigotry. And if it doesn't go without saying, I realize not all people of faith are hateful bigots!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Some atheists might be saying that. For obvious reasons. Right now all around us are Religions fighting with each other. Yes, us non-believers are stuck in the middle and no we don't want to be involved. But we are surrounded by Religious People who are at War with each other and the non-religious too even though we have no stake in any Religious Problems. Being stuck in the middle of other peoples fighting sucks because we have no where to go to get out of the way. So yes, in that sense many non-religious people would love to see Religion gone, because all the Religious ever seem to want is to fight with others and we're sick of it.

You could at least have the decency to fight amongst yourselves only and leave the rest of the world out of it. We don't care what problems you have with other Religions, but you need to figure it out so we can all move on with our lives. We were just fine leaving Religion be. You did your thing and we did ours and that was fine. But now for some reason that isn't fine anymore and Christians want to fight with Atheists and Muslims and Muslims want to fight with everyone and so on and so forth. But non-religious people don't even believe in any of the stuff the Religious are fighting about yet we're stuck having to deal with the chaos that comes from it.

It's not that we don't want any more Religious people around, but it's not like you're giving us any choice. You guys need to calm down some and relax about all the End Times Crap and stop trying to kill each other off and us as well. Or at least go fight about it somewhere away from us so we aren't stuck in the middle of it.
edit on 14-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Seriously, if you want to know why so many people seem to have a bad attitude toward Religion and the Religious right now it's because of stuff like this. Telling other people what they think.

Religious people by their own design have created a narrative that everyone else is out to get them. Meanwhile they are the ones going around telling others what they believe and what they are doing. You don't get to tell Atheists what Atheists are about. You don't get to dictate what other people believe or don't believe. You are doing exactly what you claim others are doing to you and it needs to stop.

Don't tell my I'm being programmed by Religion, Catholic or otherwise, when you obviously don't even understand the definition of Atheism. In fact, you need to stop telling everyone that they are being programmed by some evil entity or whatever and worry about what you're being indoctrinated with yourself.

atheism is no god, i know, but in the act of declaring no god, you make yourself omniscient and therefore are proclaiming you are god (how could you prove there's no god? you can't, so it's like schrodinger's cat lol.) but not just god, the only god. like you got no room in yer heart for any gods other than you. ya see how that works? and like agent smith in the matrix, there are many clones of this idea, islands onto themselves that agree in unison that they are the only god.

it's a philosophical puzzle.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

although communism can be employed and has been employed by religious as well as non religious, at the government level it's typically driven by the idea that science trumps everything, including compassion and that the state is god (which is a fancy way of saying, god doesn't exist).

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

atheism is no god, i know, but in the act of declaring no god, you make yourself omniscient and therefore are proclaiming you are god (how could you prove there's no god? you can't, so it's like schrodinger's cat lol.) but not just god, the only god. like you got no room in yer heart for any gods other than you. ya see how that works?

What does that even mean?

I have never claimed to be a/the God...

I have never claimed omniscience...

Name ONE atheist who has made those claims.

And as for proving there is no God (at least any of the claimed ones)..

Well it's easy, actually.

First you examine all the Gods claimed to have existed. Study their attributes. Study the texts about them. Study the cultures they come from. Study the claims made by their adherents. Study the who/what/where/when/why of it all. Study study study! Do so objectively and you'll have your proof.

edit on 4-14-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No, you're wrong and you're trying to tell me what I believe and think again. So let's clear this up.

First I don't speak for Atheists or anyone but myself. I don't even consider or label myself an Atheist either even though I'm sure I'd fit the label.

Second, I'm not saying I'm god. Far from it. In fact if I was I couldn't claim that there is no god no could I?? Also, I'm not claiming that absolutely there is no God or Higher Power Creator or whatever. What I'm saying is that I haven't seen any evidence which convinces me of such a claim. I have no way of knowing if some God that I cannot see nor interact with in terms I can understand is out there somewhere. How could I?? But as of yet, I haven't been convinced that such a God exists so why would I believe it???

You seem to take it as an insult or something the fact that we don't believe in a god or your god or whatever, but why should I?? What do you have to support such an amazing and implausible claim as that??? To claim such a massive claim as God Creator and all the rest without anything more than "faith" isn't convincing enough.

I mean, just look at Bigfoot. Bigfoot is far less of a claim than one of God and yet we still demand some hard evidence for Bigfoot. So do you really think I or anyone else should just accept the claim of an Infinite God with even less evidence than what we need for Bigfoot???

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That will be 3 Hail Marys and 2 our Fathers Krazy!

Yikes! I just had a flashback.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Disregarding the lack of evidence for those claims, I fail to see how that makes atheists catholic. Atheists disbelieve in ALL gods. That includes polytheistic ones too.

doesn't matter, they created the narrative, or rather, let the cat out of the bag, so they could control it. they no longer care if you're religious or not, cause they control what the scientific community is allowed to know as well.

No they don't. The scientific community moves in whatever direction it wants to move in. It's up to the Catholic church to accept the science or not. For instance, Catholicism didn't always accept Evolution. They do now, but they played catch up to the scientific community.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

it happens automatically. the moment you say there's no god, you are claiming to be omniscient.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
denial, it's not just a river in egypt . hehe

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

it happens automatically. the moment you say there's no god, you are claiming to be omniscient.

Why is it that it's perfectly ok to claim "There is one true God that Created Everything" while providing absolutely no proof to back that up yet to deny such a claim based on the lack of evidence to support it is wrong??? How does that make any sense??

Do you believe in the Babadook??? He's a little creepy ghost guy that wears a top hat and black robe like thing that creeps in the shadows and haunts people. He's not physical but can choose to interact physically. He exists everywhere and yet nowhere. He can't die and never ages. I have no evidence to support any of this of course but I think you should believe it too. So do you believe in the Babadook now or not??

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Some atheists make that statement. I only make it about the ones that have been claimed to exist. Through study I have found more than enough evidence to support that they are derived from the minds of men.

As you have no absolute evidence for your position:

The moment you claim there is a God, you are claiming omniscience.

It's like you have no room in your heart to consider there isn't one.

I'm not trying to be rude. Just pointing some things out.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It's a BS argument. They just try and reverse the burden of proof on to the non-believer as if Belief in god is the Default position. But that just isn't so.

The burden of proof is on them because they are the ones claiming there is a God. A very specific one at that even though they deny every other god ever thought of other then their own.

I don't have to prove there is No God because nobody has ever proved there is a God. It's that simple. Until it's established that such a thing exists there isn't even a something for me to try and debunk. It's stupid and a completely false position to have. But of course that doesn't matter to them because their imagination is proof enough for them regardless of how they never apply the same standard to anything but God.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well don't worry , i don't hope that you are erased from the planet just because we don't agree.

i have grown fond of the folks here, including the atheists.

now for the subject of believing there's a god being the same thing as believing there's no god, omniscientally speaking: i think you are right, you are a god. but so am i. i can't claim there's no god other than myself, since i have living evidence that there is. we are just suffering a sort of 3d amnesia and limited by the extent of the laws of this dimensionality (hey that's scientific). i just happen to believe this because i read the writings about this very compassionate guy named jesus and thought.......dang, that guy is awesome. i wanna know what he knows. he said something like "did i not tell you, ye are gods?"
was nice of him to be so informative. notice he didn't say " did i not say only one of you are god?"

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I think you know what I meant when I said,

"The moment you claim there is a God, you are claiming omniscience.

It's like you have no room in your heart to consider there isn't one."

You have no absolute proof of the Christian God or whatever version of said God you prescribe to. If you do, I would be more than anxious to see it. Otherwise, you are doing the same thing you accuse atheists of doing.

Claiming omniscience and closing off your heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join