It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma deputy who killed unarmed man thought he was firing Taser, authorities say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
ooops. www.washingtonpost.com... Video is graphic. And I hear on Fox news, cops are at risk by being filmed. Sigh. Another murder by police. I wonder how long this excuse will last.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

This guy was trying to sell a gun!! For all this police officer knew, he was armed himself. I don't get how sensitive everybody has gotten. Since when are those guys the victims??

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, your link is broke. Is this it?
www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 14-4-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

This guy was trying to sell a gun!! For all this police officer knew, he was armed himself. I don't get how sensitive everybody has gotten. Since when are those guys the victims??

They are a victim when you shoot them in the BACK.

For all this police officer knew, he was armed himself

What if he wasn't?

Last I checked a fundamental right in the USA is innocent until proven guilty and a right to a trial?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Seriously, your firearm has been in the same place on your belt your entire career and i believe most police where the taser on the chest. Im sure you got them mixed up sir

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

He thought he was shooting his taser. So it was an act with a purpose. Since when do you shoot someone in the back and call it self defense or fearing for your life? Did you even watch the video?

The guy is literally running for his life.
edit on 14-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, your link is broke. Is this it?
www.washingtonpost.com...

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

For all this police officer knew, he was armed himself.

That would describe just about anyone wearing clothing.
There we have it.
You can expect cops to shoot you if you are wearing clothes.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

They become the victim when they are on the ground with 4 officers on top of them and then get shot in the back.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The guy is literally running for his life.

Well then he shouldn't have tried to sell a gun now should he?! This gun would have taken somebody elses life!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

There we have it.

Again, this was somebody who was trying to sell a gun. Not a random person on the street!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

There we have it.

Again, this was somebody who was trying to sell a gun. Not a random person on the street!

Are you denying that anyone wearing clothing could be perceived as armed by police officers?
That is what I am talking about.
Was the man that was shot in the back armed?
If not, then what you posted is about the police perceiving a person as possibly being armed.
Unless they perform a full search, including body cavities, they do not know whether a person is armed or not. If that is enough reason to shoot a person, then just about everyone is at risk.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

There we have it.

You can also expect cops to shoot you if you are not, as that is a crime- and criminals are obviously a threat to officers.
Even if the crime is just a burned tail light bulb. the officers must execute these criminals at once, before they have a chance to commit their heinous acts!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
Yes.
Nip it in the bud.
Proactive, that's what these cops are.
We are lucky that they can't read our minds yet.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I disagree, as private sale of a firearm isn't actually a crime in Oklahoma- neither is it a crime where I live... I believe there are very few states that restrict this.

As far as I can tell, this man was gunned down for running from the state run mafia.

edit on 14-4-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

They are a victim when you shoot them in the BACK.

For all this police officer knew, he was armed himself

What if he wasn't?

Last I checked a fundamental right in the USA is innocent until proven guilty and a right to a trial?

Dangerous fleeing felon--he was armed, had shot at someone, and therefore was an immediate threat to the populace. Legally a good shoot and would have been so in the UK as well.

ETA: Sorry different case. The link was broken so I assumed it was a different case. I see by the link down the page that it was not the case I was thinking of. It seems that a pretend cop shot someone and claims he thought he was using his taser even though they are designed to look very different and feel very different than a handgun for this very reason. Pretend cop is in the wrong in this case.
edit on 14-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
No way could this mistake happen, this excuse is a blatant lie. As soon as he drew either his side arm or drew the taser, he would instantly know which weapon he had grabbed, even before firing the damn thing. This lie is right up there with Hillary's and Obama's since it is so transparently false and insulting.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I have a question...When is it safe to have a 73 year old man on a stakeout (except in Walker, Texas Ranger)..reserve deputy or not...
This guy is 73 years old, maybe he got a little confused or his blood suger level affected his diabetes and his eyesight or something...
edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Agreed. Both this instance and what happened in SC were manslaughter and murder and the cops should be held accountable, prosecuted and punished. That being said, the victims weren't innocent babes in the woods. They both had previous lengthy criminal records and jailed before. They had both ran from the scene which instigated the stupid, reckless action by the cops. Maybe if they had both stayed put these things wouldn't have happened. I hate to blame the victims, but they each did something stupid, however small, in their unfortunate demise.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

There we have it.

So if you break the law, no matter how serious you deserve the death penalty? Maybe I'm failing to see your point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join