It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma deputy who killed unarmed man thought he was firing Taser, authorities say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Hellas
a reply to: StoutBroux

This guy was trying to sell a gun!! For all this police officer knew, he was armed himself. I don't get how sensitive everybody has gotten. Since when are those guys the victims??

Agreed. Both this instance and what happened in SC were manslaughter and murder and the cops should be held accountable, prosecuted and punished. That being said, the victims weren't innocent babes in the woods. They both had previous lengthy criminal records and jailed before. They had both ran from the scene which instigated the stupid, reckless action by the cops. Maybe if they had both stayed put these things wouldn't have happened. I hate to blame the victims, but they each did something stupid, however small, in their unfortunate demise.

Doesn't matter if they run. Thats called evading police and is punishable in court. The police officer basically took away all this mans rights. The police officer is a murderer plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The man just got indicted for murder. He was a 73 year old doner (as in he paid BIG bucks) officer. When they said it was on accident, I could tell by his response it wasn't.

Which should be illegal.
edit on 14-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Since the department has justified the shooting I guess we will be seeing this defense in a lot more police Mur...shootings.

They will no longer have to lie that they felt danger it will simply be oops I thought it was my taser.

Check it out they are painting the shooter as the victim.

Bates, who was also one of the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office’s benefactors, was the “victim” of something called “slip and capture,” where in a high-stress situation, a person intends to do one thing and instead does something else, Clark said.

“Reserve Deputy Bates did not commit a crime. Reserve Deputy Bates was a victim, a true victim of slips and capture, ” he said. “There’s no other determination I could come to.”link

This is America where a vice president can shoot a man in the face and the person shot apologizes and where the millionaire cop "accidentally" shoots a man in the back killing him and is then labeled as the victim.

There are a few parallels in each story.

edit on 14-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Since the department has justified the shooting I guess we will be seeing this defense in a lot more police Mur...shootings.

They will no longer have to lie that they felt danger it will simply be oops I thought it was my taser.

I was just thinking the same thing.
Scary.
Sad that we have to feel this way about those that are supposed to be making society safer. But the way things are going, we have to feel this way. They are killing people and getting away with it.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Look for yourselves, he was shot on the ground after a chase in 2008 I think. Policeman says sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

This guy was trying to sell a gun!! For all this police officer knew, he was armed himself. I don't get how sensitive everybody has gotten. Since when are those guys the victims??

"For all this police officer knew he was armed himself"

This type of thinking is the problem.

That officers life is not more important than the guys life he took.

I have heard all this "officers safety" crap I can take.

Our soldiers in actual war zones don't even get to act this way.

He should not be a cop if he believes his safety and life trumps others rights.

What a bunch of bs.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The guy is literally running for his life.

Well then he shouldn't have tried to sell a gun now should he?! This gun would have taken somebody elses life!

There is no evidence of that.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Hellas

For all this police officer knew, he was armed himself.

That would describe just about anyone wearing clothing.
There we have it.
You can expect cops to shoot you if you are wearing clothes.

Again, this was somebody who was trying to sell a gun. Not a random person on the street!

So what?

I don't get how that allows him to be executed.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Well then he shouldn't have tried to sell a gun now should he?! This gun would have taken somebody elses life!

If there were, we might have to execute a lot of gun shop owners... and definitely the board of directors at Cabela's!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wow sad time. What I still find troubling is how they still manhandle you even after being shot. Sure the guy was selling a gun and knew it could get him busted from how nervous he was. But getting shot and killed because of it is very sad.

I truly believe the Part-time over the age that should be permitted on the street did make a seriously deadly mistake.
I still feel the other cops should also be in hot water for the handling of the guy shot and criminal or not need to learn to respect other living things not just human particularly when you have plenty of backup right there.
Now just what about the woman wonder what was under her shirt?

There should be a age limit on Politicians judges and the police and I've always felt that way.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas
This was clearly an accident and that makes the criminal a victim. Was he going for a gun at the time the shot was fired? No clearly the part time cops comment gives that the shooting was uncalled for.
Not all criminals need shot but they certainly should not be allowed to run off either. This guy was on the ground cops all over him.

Could have been a cop shot by accident from this mistake and bet the cops would twist this to blame the victim in that case due to it wouldn't have happened if he just cooperated.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

"Stop! Or I'll shoot you with this bright neon yellow stun gun I'm holding in my hands."

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wonder what would be said about this situation if he had shot one of the other officer's instead of the man. It also looked like in the video he dropped his pistol very close to the man on the ground, maybe within arm reach. That seemed like a bad idea.
edit on 4/14/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

No evidence of that? Then why did he run when about to be arrested? Plus he was on PCP.

"The video first shows Harris being recorded by a sting operation in which he was allegedly trying to sell a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol and ammunition to an undercover sheriff's task force. But Harris bolted from the car the moment he was about to be arrested, Maj. Clark said.

Harris also has prior convictions for assault and battery on an officer and two other felony arrests, as well as multiple robbery and stolen property charges, KJRH reported.

Maj. Clark said Harris was possibly under the influence of Phencyclidine, PCP, when he was admitted to the hospital."
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Plus he was on PCP.

Maj. Clark said Harris was possibly under the influence of Phencyclidine, PCP, when he was admitted to the hospital."

Was either of these determined?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yeah, because people on PCP often stop running and put their hands up without struggling.

Don't you know PCP is so popular that everyone is assumed to be on it by police so of course all shootings are justified. /sarc off

The one who needs to be drug tested is the dumb arse rich boy cop that can't tell the difference between a taser and a real gun.

WTF was he doing trying to shoot him with a taser in the first place it is obvious the guy gave up and was already on the ground.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Possibly under the influence is not under thr influence.

And he was pinned to the ground when he was shot. I can't even comprehend the mental gymnastics required to justify that.

This wasn't an accidental homicide, it was an accidental execution.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connman
Wow sad time. What I still find troubling is how they still manhandle you even after being shot. Sure the guy was selling a gun and knew it could get him busted from how nervous he was. But getting shot and killed because of it is very sad.

I truly believe the Part-time over the age that should be permitted on the street did make a seriously deadly mistake.
I still feel the other cops should also be in hot water for the handling of the guy shot and criminal or not need to learn to respect other living things not just human particularly when you have plenty of backup right there.
Now just what about the woman wonder what was under her shirt?
There should be a age limit on Politicians judges and the police and I've always felt that way.

The over age bungler part-timer is said to be a very wealthy pay-to-play guy. Perhaps in future the cops should take a much closer look at people they take money off. It's the first time I've ever heard of that carry on.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just one question.
How many multi shot tasers are available?
You'd think he'd have realised after the first shot and not the eighth..

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
Just one question.
How many multi shot tasers are available?
You'd think he'd have realised after the first shot and not the eighth..

Police will say anything to keep their corruption swept under the rug.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join