It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher’s bigoted atheism: His arrogant shtick is just as ugly as religious intolerance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I like Bill. He is spot on on most issues and has a way of bringing logic to many debates. However, he tends to rub me wrong with his verbal attacks against religion. That I overlook because he speaks out his outrage when organized religion does or say incredibly stupid things. One that comes to mind is Jerry Falwell with his sanctimonious attitude claiming AIDS is Gods punishment for Americans lack of morals. His hate for gays was obnoxious and I would not be surprised if Jerry is smoking a turd in Purgatory as a result of his hate. I say that because I'm aware AIDS was developed at Fort Dietrich along with other known research in areas such as cancer causing viruses.

I am a Christian and Bill's rants don't bother me. I'm not thin-skinned so his views of the issue is often irrelevant. However, Bill's often tirades on the subject, like the video shows, has some merit. The OP claimed anyone who supports Bill's views are bigots too. Welcome to the world of bigots. Bill is a bigot. I'm a bigot. All people on Earth are bigots and you are a bigot as well. So stow it son. Now, did i offend you? Do you now want jihad on me? Or do you just want to call names because I don't agree with you?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
its rare anyone can make something religious or biblical "funny"
I cant think of one comedian that uses religion to make funny jokes
You Must've Never Heard Of George Carlin Or Jim Jeffries My Friend

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't care for bill Maher but religion is a joke, and I can see why it outrages him that more than half of America gets taken Advantage of by a false zeitgeist over and over again. It's brainwashing at its finest

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join