It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #45: The Death of America, by Billions of Cuts of Stupidity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
America, and to some extend the world, is dying a slow agonizing death of billions of cuts of stupidity. This week, we take a look at some examples of the confounding rise of stupidity in the United States. While each one may only effect a relatively small number of people, collectively it all combines to be the death of a nation. It didn't always used to be this way, and we look at what Charles Pierce wrote in his book, "Idiot America: How Stupidity Became a Virtue in The Land of The Free." We also explain why there was no episode last week.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This thread seems rather biased. I started a thread on stupid earlier today and I know it holds no national boundaries.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I would call it rebirth by a trillion cuts myself.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Gotta admit. I'm starting to look forward to new episodes of #NLBS. Good work to Joe and his team.

I feel so bad for the mother who accidentaly shot her son.

Also, where were all these horny teachers when I was in highschool ? I was an "A" student.

Just more proof I was born in the wrong era. lol

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am sure I would have gotten better grades with a teach like that.

As usual I loved the episode, but I will say I do enjoy the multiple topics like this and would like to see them more often.

I wonder if you will ever go back to your studio setting did you completely scrap that?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
WOW that latoya chick is dumb. women like her just arent fit to be parents.
edit on 13-4-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Seems to be a lot of American based NLBS episodes lately. The American political ones go right over my head.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, living in this world for half a century teaches you that most people are a little crazy about some things and they will often voice their opinions and argue about them. We have been conditioned to think this way and we are constantly being doped up by food chemistry that makes it so we cannot think to our full potential.

So everyone has at least a few excuses they can use to justify the way they act.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good episode. S&F

You got something wrong though right there at the end. It wasn't conservatives that made up the Stoopit. It was Stupid people who did that ... and the MSM promoted it.

You've gotta admit ... it's a whole lot easier to be stoopit than to make an effort and come out smart.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

So much stupid it makes my head hurt! What's happening to this country? Hell, what's happening to the world? It seems like so many brains are atrophying due to lack of use.

Congratulations on getting married.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I blame television.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

"Listening to each other is what smart people do."

Indeed, Joe. My grandma used to say, "The good Lord gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth so you could shut up and listen twice as much as you talk."

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

"Listening to each other is what smart people do."

Indeed, Joe. My grandma used to say, "The good Lord gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth so you could shut up and listen twice as much as you talk."

Isn't this why we used to read books?

Notice I said "used to..."

We're in a hell of a mess...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Nothing new, most humans have always been little more than talking monkeys with clever thumbs.
The primary problem that you face is that the "smart people" through science & medicine have subverted Darwinian Law, so hence more stupid to go around.
What really is needed is a comprehensive world encompassing male sterilization program, one that can be reversed for those who can pass basic cognitive ability tests.
Keep the least from breeding the most & the world might become a better place.

Now that would handle the biological side of the issue but stupid can be learned. This can be alleviated with more importance placed on education, that is of course if you can keep the reactionaries from completely gutting educational funding.

Those who feel it's their place to rule prefer a dumb populace, makes them easier to control.

Just look at the stupidity in this country lately in regards to school funding, you hear the rabble blindly screech "education is liberal indoctrination" & they want to close public schools for pay to play charter schools. They have no sense or knowledge of history, a time when it was only the rich & connected that could afford an education while the majority were condemned to a life of menial existence.

A massive increase in birth control & education would do wonders for this world.
"oh & no religion too"(J.L.)

K~

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Nothing new, most humans have always been little more than talking monkeys with clever thumbs.
The primary problem that you face is that the "smart people" through science & medicine have subverted Darwinian Law, so hence more stupid to go around.
What really is needed is a comprehensive world encompassing male sterilization program, one that can be reversed for those who can pass basic cognitive ability tests.
Keep the least from breeding the most & the world might become a better place.

Now that would handle the biological side of the issue but stupid can be learned. This can be alleviated with more importance placed on education, that is of course if you can keep the reactionaries from completely gutting educational funding.

Those who feel it's their place to rule prefer a dumb populace, makes them easier to control.

Just look at the stupidity in this country lately in regards to school funding, you hear the rabble blindly screech "education is liberal indoctrination" & they want to close public schools for pay to play charter schools. They have no sense or knowledge of history, a time when it was only the rich & connected that could afford an education while the majority were condemned to a life of menial existence.

A massive increase in birth control & education would do wonders for this world.
"oh & no religion too"(J.L.)

K~

Bit sexist to say the least! what about the female half of the population?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

edit on 14-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Another excellent episode!

It's hard to look straight at the stupid with the naked eye. It burns. It's funny and unbelievable - unreal, but I can't help but wonder where it will lead... Is it a phase of our natural evolution? Is it caused by too many people on the planet? Is it an engineered process in the thirst for power or is it the Universe's way of dealing with a failed experiment?

We live in interesting times.

Congratulations on your nuptials! Sounds like a blast!
edit on 4/14/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
WOW that latoya chick is dumb. women like her just arent fit to be parents.

makes me think of a scifi story years ago 'The Marching Morons'
en.wikipedia.org...

the intelligent people were too busy to have kids so only the 'sub-optimals' reproduced, so the human race got stupider as time got by. Ended up with a smart 10% trying to take care of the rest.

this is happening in Europe I believe. the intelligentsia aren't having kids.

any relevance here in the USA? hmm...I think yes. I remember in my high school, the professional class couples would have one-two kids in the school system and the, um, non-intellectual class would have four-five-six. anecdotal, I know, but I don't think that's isolated.
and of course kids today play video games etc. few technical skills, few social skills.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Wonder no more...

Why Aliens don't land.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Well there was actually 2 answers that weren't that bad!

"Tony Blair is an actor"
"Al-Quaeda is a wing of the Masonic Order"

It's not that far from the truth...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join