It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #45: The Death of America, by Billions of Cuts of Stupidity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Stupid people make more children than smart people there's no denying that.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened and I'm afraid it will get worst.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
Also, where were all these horny teachers when I was in highschool ? I was an "A" student.
Just more proof I was born in the wrong era. lol

I know! Everytime I hear about "sex scandals" about woman teachers with students I'm sad that when I was a teen it didn't happen to me. I had a teacher once that I'm pretty sure had something for me and I would of been willing if she had made a move.

Maybe authorities should ask what the "victims" think before giving a sentence.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oh look a "death of america" thread, never seen that coming.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Great episode Joe!

And by the way, congratulations on your Vegas Hitcharoo! Have one of these and imagine I am air clinking your glass!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Congratulations, Joe & Mrs Joe!
Happy days from now until forever.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Fun fact: While you have fun teeing off on anything not "science based" you seem to not recognize just how many of the virtues you support have zero scientific basis...

Equality, compassion, altruism, these are all unscientific scenarios. In a purely science based world, social Darwinism would be the law of the land. There is no scientific justification for "wasting" resources on those least likely to succeed in life and produce any benefits to the investment. Those things exist purely because they make people "feel good in the gut," if you will.

Also, Democrats get a pass in the creation of "faith based" over science? LMGDAO!!!! Yeah, because accepting the ever tweaked, constantly fiddled with, and purely asinine AGW theories doesn't require a healthy dosage of blind faith...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
America died in 1913 with the founding of the federal reserve.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Another excellent episode!

It's hard to look straight at the stupid with the naked eye. It burns. It's funny and unbelievable - unreal, but I can't help but wonder where it will lead... Is it a phase of our natural evolution? Is it caused by too many people on the planet? Is it an engineered process in the thirst for power or is it the Universe's way of dealing with a failed experiment?

We live in interesting times.

Congratulations on your nuptials! Sounds like a blast!

It seems the smart is getting smarter and the stupid is getting stupider. The ones who think they are smart and the ones that fear that they are stupid are somewhere in between. The others do not usually realize what they are. Just my two cents here.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Ultimately the ruling class has an interest in keeping us submissive. People accept abuse by the government, the schools and then they turn to worship the lives of the rich on TV and in celebrity magazines. No wonder 50 Shades of Grey is such a hit -- it is American culture.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Excellent post but I wish you would take a non-partisan approach to the stupidity. Seems that you just isolate "conservative" examples to post. Want some liberal examples....just tune in to MSNBC anytime. You'll have more than enough stupidity to report.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Death of a nation? Not even close. American government thrives on stupidity. The dumber we are, the happier THEY are.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
Also, where were all these horny teachers when I was in highschool ? I was an "A" student.
Just more proof I was born in the wrong era. lol

I know! Everytime I hear about "sex scandals" about woman teachers with students I'm sad that when I was a teen it didn't happen to me. I had a teacher once that I'm pretty sure had something for me and I would of been willing if she had made a move.

Maybe authorities should ask what the "victims" think before giving a sentence.

Or let the victims speak for themselves. As far as I'm concerned, whatever goes on between 'consenting' is okay, anything not, isn't. It's that simple

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'll admit I wasn't a fan of NLBS when it first came out, but since the last few episodes have been more bi-partisan and focused on pointing out the BS rather then taking sides and debating it, I'm looking forward to more.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Stupid people will always exist, and I think it's easy for the internet to make it look like Mike Judge's Idiocracy is coming true, but the mantra of "if it's not me - it's not my problem" is the bigger danger for all humans. We may well fragment ourselves into extinction with 'us' versus 'them' mindsets that everyone participates in to some degree IMO.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I'm glad to see the point raised in this video that the danger isn't merely a lack of intelligence. It's when people become reactionary, acting on their fears and anger. Ignorance is dangerous, even more so when someone is unable to look at contradictory information, or refuses to examine the beliefs causing this emotional reaction. Especially when that's what people are voting on, making policies on, making excuses to discriminate based on. Our ability to reason is what allowed our species to thrive, gut level reactions were for pure survival.

But, I think we're seeing a trend where many are examining their personal beliefs more. And some opinions truly are archaic. Much bigotry is a visceral reaction, or caused by anger and a lack of information. But, even if we ignore people who ignorantly demean whole groups of people, everyone has their moments when they let a gut reaction about someone color their interactions with them. I hope we look past that more, and we shouldn't be electing those who create policy based on personal emotional reactions and biases. I don't care what antiquated beliefs you choose to hold in your own time, in your own head, but it makes no sense to have a politician represent people they're biased against. They're supposed to represent interests, not our bias. Honestly, I feel that bigotry and hate are fueled by a level of ignorance that has no place in modern society, let alone politics.
edit on 23-4-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Every time I see this mentioned I can't help but wonder how a dictatorship even ALLOWS for intelligence. The whole reason intelligence is valuable is because it allows folks to think for themselves. Any dictatorial action, like somehow enacting everything you've mentioned, would render that intelligence useless.

Plus, the flip side is when you're saying some shouldn't breed, you're creating the necessity for others to breed. Would you force the brightest among them to breed? Would you force the best among them to work?

Intelligence becomes much less useful when it's implemented by force. It requires inspiration, an obstacle to surmount. This wouldn't create an intelligent populace, it'd create high potential thought slaves.

It's not stupidity that's the problem. It's the anger and ignorance. We need more education, yes. But even more so we need coping skills, a society that doesn't throw temper tantrums to get their way. We need some cool heads to work together to come to agreements and think of courses of action. You can't take the human element out of humans, but learning to cope with negative emotions and embracing some level of empathy would allow intelligence to be more useful.
edit on 23-4-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join