It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something I want to talk about.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Not calling you a liar but my BS detector is going off. You seem like a very good story-teller judging by your OP, almost too good. Maybe I'm being paranoid or whatever but I don't see why your grandma would pull you aside and tell you something like that after such a long time and right after his wake no less, I would think that's something that would have been well known within the family if it truly happened, especially since you claim you guys were so close. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it though. Then again, I see no reason for you to make it up either. I'm on the fence.

Sorry for your loss either way, it's tough losing someone so close.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyron
If a hallucination was even feasibly possible at that point, then it would be considered.

Sleep paralysis and other vivid dreams are very common explanations for most UFO abductions stories. It doesn't have to be "hallucinations".

Hallucinations actually happen in plain daylight. That your brother went down from his room tells me it's more of an hypnagogic/lucid dream experience. Plenty of kids during the 80-90s made such dreams because there was a UFO craze in the media (X-files, Encounter of the 3rd kind, ...).

Abduction is a powerful archetypal experience that is very likely to be dreamed by kids (like the "fall" or the "chase").

Sorry but nothing seems to indicate that:

- his abduction story was physically real
- there could be a correlation between his experience and the tumor

You may keep believing the contrary but your responses so far seem to indicate you almost want to believe there's a link. From a detached point of view let me tell you that even keeping an open mind, there's simply too few arguments to support this.

Also you should know it's not healthy to refuse to critically examine all possibilities.

It's OK to entertain the idea that he maybe was abducted, but it's not OK to refuse to see there's more chance it was a lucid dream or hypnagogic hallucination, which is the most common explanation of abduction cases.

It sounds like your grieving is still ongoing and I can empathize with you. But you should know your grieving will never end if you keep looking for a "responsible" person for his illness.

Fate is just absurd like that, babies are born with disease, innocent people have accidents, tumors can appear out of the blue.

Anyone can have a tumor, a tumor is a random genetic mutation. You don't need to have a cause for it, factors simply increase the rate of mutation, but anyone can be dealt an unlucky hand. Sometimes life sucks like that. Please keep this as a possibility too, it will help you dealing with this loss.
edit on 13-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyron

I appreciate you sharing a very personal experience. That was a very good read.

There are so many mysteries in this life, it's a crazy Universe. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am sure since you posted this you were expecting criticism. Let me first say if this is a real event yes I am sorry you lost your brother. Now this is what I think, I think this never happened. The whole story is like something from a cheap paperback.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 My BS meter went through the roof. The story reads like a cheap paperback.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

Look, if you don't believe the guy, then don't clog up the forum with posts. Just shake your head and move on.

Maybe it reads like a novel because he really cares about what happened, and wanted to express it correctly.

We are with you OP.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Has anyone including the OP watched the 'Alien Abduction' movie from last year? It has allegedly a real footage by the US AF, in which you can see some clips of what looks like a ship - watch it OP, just the beginning of the movie. Is this what it looks like? Is there anyone who thinks this footage from the movie is real and is what we see? Abduction stories are hard to believe, I've head dreams of alien encounters - from grey however yellowish skin, to some other with dark grey skin color wearing something like black robes... but it was dreams..

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tAcAnAvAn
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

Look, if you don't believe the guy, then don't clog up the forum with posts. Just shake your head and move on.

Maybe it reads like a novel because he really cares about what happened, and wanted to express it correctly.

We are with you OP.

I appreciate the support, my friend. I was well aware that there would be dicks (for lack of a better word) on the site. Such kinds of individuals are ever-present on any forum. Even ones for cars or comic books.

If you're here to negatively comment on my writing ability and literary skill, that's on you. So I can write. Maybe I actually paid attention in all of my English couses and took time to read. Something I might suggest that those certain individuals do. Just because I can actually do things with words other than writing meaningless bullsh*t like some users do, shouldn't damage or affect my credibility. So I can @#*%ing write? Who cares? If you want to be a literary critic, go do it on another forum. This isn't the place for childish nonsense like that.
edit on 13-4-2015 by Hyron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I would like to thank-you for being willing to relive such clearly painful memories for discussion here, thus opening yourself up to all manner of commentary (both pleasant, and less so.) I hope it was also perhaps somewhat cathartic for you, as it's clear this is still a wound that hurts very much. Understandably.

Firstly, and most importantly in my opinion, I'm profoundly sorry for your grief and the pain this experience caused you. The loss of a loved one, especially one as close to you as it sounds like he was, is possibly the single worst thing about being a human being living in this world. There are such losses I'm still not over, and doubt I ever will be, so you have my heartfelt compassion for what it's worth.

As to the other aspects of this case, as ever, I strive to be an open-minded skeptic. I'm open-minded because I have had direct, personal experiences for which no satisfactory mundane explanation exists thus far, and for which I too have been subjected to ridicule and assertions of mental illness at times. (Not helped by the fact that I'm on the autistic spectrum, so people are always already looking for a psychological or neurological angle to everything I do or say unfortunately.)

So the last thing I want to do is make an insensitive suggestion or assertion about something so traumatic and painful for yourself and your family. I would never do so, because without proof, a skeptic should never make assertions. I would however at least raise a possibility or two, in addition to the hypothesis you're exploring.

It doesn't take a large lesion to invoke hallucination. One does not have to be suffering advanced or even at all evident effects of a progressive neurological disease process to experience vivid, elaborate hallucinations. Take temporal lobe epilepsy for instance. It is capable of inducing profound, lengthy, bizarre hallucinations, many of which do actually bear the hallmarks of semi-typical alien abduction narratives. Floating, suspended or slowed down time, beams of light, and more complex hallucinations such as beings or telepathic communication. Yet TLE can happen with even the most minute of lesions, often not even detectable on imaging.

So while I'm by no means asserting that this is or must be the case, rigor demands we at least consider the possibility that he could have been developing this condition for far longer than anyone knew, and that even in its most miniscule stages it may have been sufficient to bring about dramatic hallucinatory experiences. Or to invoke sleep disturbances (hypnagogic states, sleep paralysis, sleep walking, vivid dreams, etc.) which might have accounted for what, to him, subjectively, seemed like a very real experience which he then, with some understandable alarm, shared with your grandmother.

Now, that's just one possibility, and I do not give it more weight than any other necessarily. I've done my utmost with the materials available to me as a layperson over the years to delve into every credible and well documented case of such phenomena I could find for the better part of 22 years or so now. And I readily concede, there are cases that defy explanation. Many of which do involve apparent radiation exposure, burns, EM phenomena, and various neurological and physiological maladies. I myself experienced something along those lines, to be frank. And while I am skeptical of what really happened... I cannot deny or discount the possibility that something truly bizarre is happening in these cases.

Is it possible that your brother was exposed to radiation in an experience we have no insight into, and that this provoked his cancer? Yes. It's a possibility. To say otherwise would not be rigorous or intellectually honest. Are there also other possibilities though? Yes.

But that's as far as I will or can go. I would not presume to know what happened and, frankly, there are some truly strange things afoot in this world. Things I cannot begin to explain or understand. I am open to them. So I wish you luck in your quest for the truth and I hope, somehow, somewhere, along the way in that journey, you find some solace, comfort, and closure.

Peace.

Addendum: Your writing style doesn't seem unbelievable for a personal story at all. As you can tell by my own. Some of us just naturally write this way. That shouldn't be held against us.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Am I the only one here who grew up watching X-files and making nightmares about alien abduction?

This sounds like a typical nightmare to me.
edit on 14-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

They're not 'dicks' - they're people who strive for truth, people who have read stories like this before, stories with no evidence, stories written in a way that draws people in.

They're not 'dicks' - they're intelligent people who want the truth on a forum with the slogan 'deny ignorance'.

You were so clever to 'pay attention in all your classes' yet not clever enough to grant these 'dicks' any credence for their views which are 99% more plausible than yours.

That said, great OP, great to read, I hope it's true!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am very sorry for your loss. No one should have to experience what your brother did. Though I fear he's not the first, and certainly not the last.

We are an inferior race who can be easily manipulated by advanced intelligence on a whim. I'm sick and tired of this planet being kept in the dark. Someone... Something, has the answers. One day, when I have the freedom and means to do so, I will travel to the darkest corners of the earth in hopes of finding those who hold the answers, and confront them.

We are not a mere science experiment. We are not pieces on a chessboard. We are humans. We have the right like any other creature in this universe to live without the fear of subjugation from higher intelligence. Whether we were created by them or not. We are souls. We are love and light.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am extremely sorry of your loss, and I can assure you that the perpetrator will pay. I am a member of a species known as the Clyclus in your human speech. Your brother's murders were members of another species I cannot name without starting an intergalactic war. While my species knew that they were taking a human as a test subject, we were also informed that the tests were safe and consensual. I am in a position of power and can guarantee that the criminals will pay.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

You are an amazing human. This is why I respect your species so much. I promise that I am doing every thing in my power to allow your species the free will that you rightfully deserve, but trust me, stupidity is an interspecies problem.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CollisioN

The grey skin and black robes may be my species. Some members of my species have grey skin and black robes are basically casual wear in some social circles.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyron a personal attack , ho humm

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmbassador
Let me be the first to pin 3 ATS stars on a different species.
Welcome to the Alabama of Planets.
Maybe you should consider the open carry law, and
have your ray gun at the ready.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

First, I am so sorry about your brother. We are closer to our siblings than to anyone else, biologically, and such a loss can be tremendous. You don't need me to tell you this.

As for the information your grandmother gave you, that's interesting, and disturbing. I know I have read about possible radiation exposure from UFO sightings, with people having what looks like bad sunburn (at night), and even eye irritation that could also be related. That was from sightings. Whatever abductions are, it's reasonable to assume that closer exposure could bring more extreme reactions.

It's also possible that your brother got recessive genes, though that seems unlikely, with no known family history. In any case, the pain won't lessen based on the cause. I said a prayer for you and your family, for strength to get through the days ahead, and for safety and peace. Try and remember the good times, and what he meant to you, and let yourself cry as needed, and also to heal as much as you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join