It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What things would you be willing to die for?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Willing to die for or willing to kill for?
Two different questions.
I know that I will die one day. I have no fear.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Justice.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A lot of the responses seem to fall more along what people would fight for. I realize that can go hand in hand with death but, it just seems to be closer to the question of what would you fight for rather than what would you die for.

For me, I'd like to think that in a situation needed to save someone else that I'd power up and risk my life. Like pushing someone out of the way of a moving vehicle, or saving them from drowning, etc. Now, the physical shape I'm in doesn't lean towards that going well for me OR the victim I'm trying to save. I just hope I would have the cohones to hero up.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My children. I would not hesitate to offer my life to ensure their safety.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My family. I told my granddaughter that if we were approached by a bear while picking berries, to stand behind me and I will fight off the bear while she runs into the car or house. She said that she would stay and help me, I told her the only reason I would fight a bear was to give her a chance to get away and I would be proud to die to save her.

She got a little upset about that.

If I got mad at that bear, it would regret ever attacking me. I'd grab it by the throat and squeeze the blood supply off until it dropped and then ran away. I'm going to start carrying my pistol when we go picking berries. Usually if you tell a bear to go it goes.
edit on 7-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

The best question of all. Flag star and headstone: it gets
easier as you age and notice more all the time being taken
away.

When there's nothing to live for and everything supposedly
important was taken away beforehand, it gets really easy.
I still find it amazing that some people are willing to die for
what some other person believes in.

"Revenge is mine, ..." was the first half-assed Biblical control
mechanism. The historians on this planet are among the first
I'd like to see in places few of you can imagine.

All that will destroy evil is a greater evil. Let me know when you're
ready and willing to be more than them-- we can exchange notes.
I am not a soul worthy of war, just a well trained corpse with a pulse
who's tired to death of war. I wonder if you can end it with me...
edit on 7-4-2015 by derfreebie because: Nothing Personal, because I'm nobody special

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It is called anti discrimination practice ADP and one of the questions is name as many things a person would be willing to die for as you can in order to put other's self stance into perspective and adopt an attitude of more understanding toward them and there differing point's of view and value's.

Save humanity.
Save the world.
Stop a Terrorist commiting an atrocity.
Protect family or friend's.
Personal idiology.
Religious belief.
Your country (in the age of dying patrotism and the global village corporate driven mindset this is sadly becoming more rare in all nation's)
To save a child in imminant danger though this is more a scenario of in which you may be killed not actually are killed but any decent person would like to think that they would do so.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Very good point, we are at least psychologically more willing to kill than lay down our live's but some do exist who would lay down there life in order not to kill another.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
A.t.m. nothing really...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Not a damn thing in this world worth dying for ...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: skunkape23

Very good point, we are at least psychologically more willing to kill than lay down our live's but some do exist who would lay down there life in order not to kill another.

I know this to be a fact.
Dealing death is a very hard subject to any sane person.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I refuse to answer is that in doing so I could incriminate myself

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Space exploration.

If someone told me I could go to even just the Moon and look back at the earth, but could not return. I wouldn't even hesitate or give it a second thought.

Even dying out there in low level orbit like George Clooney in 'Gravity' just looking back at the earth sounds absolutely awesome to me. Beats dying in some hospital bed rotting away from some horrible disease.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Depends on which one you mean. The one that is run by greedy corporations, crooked politicians and declares war for profit............Or The United States of America. The country that actually gave a damn about it's people and fought against tyranny........instead of being the definition.
No, to the first and we'll never see the other again, so......

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I like your choice a lot!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'd be willing to die for those dark, scaly things that hide in my baseboards and whisper all night.

But really, any idea that furthers economic/social justice, freedom, and a more rational, kind existence would be worth dying for if the death actually improved things... and wasn't really for some warped guy to amass wealth and power.

As it stands now, we're all going to die, anyway, and making that inevitability mean something for the greater good sounds lovely.

Of course, it depends on one's world view/programming... being willing to die for a death cult or fascistic order? Not so much.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Queen.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I would be willing to die, to get rid of all the corruption in any and all forms of our government.

Cause that is the only way it is ever going to happen. Most of us dead.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
The Queen.

I dig Freddy Mercury as much as the next guy....but i don't think i'd die for him.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Rock 'n' roll.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join