It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Charleston cop charged with murder after video surfaces of him shooting man in the back

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Something else.
In a lot of states, it is a capital offense to kill a cop.
I think it ought to be a capital offense when a cop murders someone like this.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A clear case of murder. However I don't think this can be classed as simple murder given the position of responsibility, trust and importance of the perpetrator.
The murderer should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I feel so sorry for the situation.

Edited to add:
The more I think about what I just saw it was an arbitrary and unlawful execution by a person in a position of power.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Jonjonj because: Edited

edit on 7-4-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: roadgravel

I don't think there will be much debate about this case. I wonder though if it helps shed light for some people quick to deny dirty cops... this cop was doing the standard MO. Shoot, plant evidence, claim self defense.

They will say that he is the rare bad apple....
The video says a lot though.
I am curious as to how the other cops responded to questions about him obviously planting that taser.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well the cop faces the death penalty....

Cop who shot at unarmed black man 8 times in the back faces death penalty

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: roadgravel

If you look closely at the beginning of the tape just as the person started running away, you will see tazer leads extending from the cop to the person killed. Evidently, the tazer had no effect.

I watched it in high def I don't see that at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

That guy should still be worried after what happened ro the guy who filmed garners death

Era it will be an interesting story if this guy all of a sudden has legal issues and winds up in jail

Good point.
I would try my best to slip out of sight if I were him.

ETA: Funny that cops go by the 'snitches get stitches' rule too.
edit on bu302015-04-07T18:58:00-05:0006America/ChicagoTue, 07 Apr 2015 18:58:00 -05006u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

What a way to instill trust in the police. Hope this cop suffers from his own demons, as he will most likely be given a suspension and a desk job. And they will come up with some crazy story that the victim uttered death threats or something equally unprovable.

Will keep a close eye on how this one unfolds. Thoughts go out to the poor guy's family.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1
Eight shots (and he was still running until that last one) at close-ish range, and he still has to cuff him? What on earth was he shooting at? Was he trying for a wound, or to kill?

Victim didn't appear to be armed, so the officer obviously was afraid of....possibly the way he ran away from him?

Cold blood.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: YogaGinns

What a way to instill trust in the police. Hope this cop suffers from his own demons, as he will most likely be given a suspension and a desk job. And they will come up with some crazy story that the victim uttered death threats or something equally unprovable.

Will keep a close eye on how this one unfolds. Thoughts go out to the poor guy's family.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

I don't know about that.
I think this cop is toast.... like electric chair style.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

That is absolutely stone cold murder. He clearly had no weapons and didn't look threatening at all. This guy has already been thrown under the bus (by his own fault) by his department, and they don't look like they will have his back.

I'll bet he thought he'd only lose his job, but instead a man lost his life and he is about to lose his too. South Carolina has the death penalty too..wonder if it will be eye for an eye?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ensinger23

That is absolutely stone cold murder. He clearly had no weapons and didn't look threatening at all. This guy has already been thrown under the bus (by his own fault) by his department, and they don't look like they will have his back.

I'll bet he thought he'd only lose his job, but instead a man lost his life and he is about to lose his too. South Carolina has the death penalty too..wonder if it will be eye for an eye?

I don't believe in the death penalty, however...I surely could see some sort of justice in him losing his job, family, house, pension and being forced to live in a disadvantaged, if not to say, violent neighbourhood...poetic.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just read the NYT story.
The cop did shoot him with the taser initially, and the wires can be seen on the video as a previous post stated.
One of the bullets went through the man's heart.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Arrested and charged does not mean convicted. I will not be at all surprised if the cop avoids jail and gets a much lesser charge. We've seen it a thousand times, one set of rules for us, a completely different one for them. Can not wait to see how they'll try to spin this.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I wonder how this will be spun in order to justify the shooting. Killed over a broken tail light. If he was being arrested, is there some outstanding warrant. What ever happened to tickets...

Well, if the cop felt he was a danger to the community, then he had the right to shoot according to the law. I'm sure that will be his defense.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just plain murder.

No ifs, ands, or buts.

Jude11

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

How was the man a danger to the community?
Plus the cop lied when it went down. He said over the radio that the murder victim took his taser. That is a pure lie. He shot the victim with the taser. Then he planted it next to him.

If anyone is a danger to the community... it is that cop.
edit on bu302015-04-07T19:24:34-05:0007America/ChicagoTue, 07 Apr 2015 19:24:34 -05007u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yep, I'd say this is clear murder.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I really hope for once the cop is prosecuted to the full extent of the law same as we are.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I'm not defending the cop, I'm just telling you what his defense is gonna be.

I do find it quite convenient though, that out of a 3 minute video we only got to see the last 46 seconds. Perhaps the answer you're looking for is in the other 2+ minutes of footage?

Plus, where did you hear that he planted the taser next to him? I didn't read that anywhere, nor is it shown in the video.

edit on 7-4-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Arrested and charged does not mean convicted. I will not be at all surprised if the cop avoids jail and gets a much lesser charge. We've seen it a thousand times, one set of rules for us, a completely different one for them. Can not wait to see how they'll try to spin this.

We already witnessed a murder caught on video when an officer used a prohibited choke hold on Eric Gardner until he died. He already had like 7 over officers in complete control of him but the officer applying the hold still felt the need to hang on for dear life until he stopped breathing. Inspite of that, the officer was never indicted.

Now I am preparing myself for the worse possible scenario of there being no conviction and this guy going right back to work like nothing happened. And when that happens the nation will erupt into a frenzy over the injustice that will make Ferguson look like a small family get together. I can see it now. Anything is possible after the Eric Garnder case because that incident was recorded even more clearly. Based on that I am preparing for the worst.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join