It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Charleston cop charged with murder after video surfaces of him shooting man in the back

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Eta: may be wrong on tazer.

Wonder how many people would have said no way this cop would not only lie about happened but plant the 'evidence' of it with out the video...
edit on thTue, 07 Apr 2015 20:02:52 -0500America/Chicago420155280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chibistevie

We already witnessed a murder caught on video when an officer used a prohibited choke hold on Eric Gardner until he died. He already had like 7 over officers in complete control of him but the officer applying the hold still felt the need to hang on for dear life until he stopped breathing.

Your account is completely inaccurate as Garner stated "I can't breath" 11 times after the officer let go of the choke hold, but that's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74 the standard MO. Shoot, plant evidence, claim self defense.

pretty much. and caught red-handed.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It was clearly seen in the video that I watched. After murdering the man...
He went back to where he originally dropped the taster and picked it up. Then he walked back to the dead man and dropped it next to his body.
This all took place after he stated over the radio that the man took his taser.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

It's in the video that CNN has been circulating. I'm at work, so I can't find and link to it, but the video that has been playing on our TV shows the cop walking over to the 'suspect's' body and dropping the tazer down beside him, with the other cop standing right over the body. It even freezes frame and blurs out everything but the tazer in the cop's hand, before he drops it down next to the victim.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOADOA

originally posted by: Badgered1
Eight shots (and he was still running until that last one) at close-ish range, and he still has to cuff him? What on earth was he shooting at? Was he trying for a wound, or to kill?

Victim didn't appear to be armed, so the officer obviously was afraid of....possibly the way he ran away from him?

Cold blood.

I just finished watching a war documentary where civilians during WW2 were gunned down for running away from enemy soldiers and now I see this posted.

The evilness of men knows no bounds, but this goes beyond that even since it was an American with power gunning down another fellow American in the back.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The MUGSHOT:

twitter.com...

On the plus side, the police aren't pretending this wasn't a murder - he (Slager) is being treated like a real suspect.

ETA: although they did make an initial statement that went along with the officer's BS:

edit on 7-4-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
The rest of that footage

Thank you for that. If the other officer hadn't shown up as quickly as he did, the shooter probably would have left that taser there and stuck with the narrative that the victim made off with it.

That alone will render the rest of the cop's testimony unreliable and we might actually see a conviction this time.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: chibistevie

We already witnessed a murder caught on video when an officer used a prohibited choke hold on Eric Gardner until he died. He already had like 7 over officers in complete control of him but the officer applying the hold still felt the need to hang on for dear life until he stopped breathing.

Your account is completely inaccurate as Garner stated "I can't breath" 11 times after the officer let go of the choke hold, but that's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

How is that case irrelevant to this one when both resulted in the wrongful death of an unarmed man? I fail to see how it is not at least partially relevant.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The whole game changer was the video. If not for th e video, the cops would be making up whatever BS they wanted to and rolling with it.
Blackmarketeer has provided the proof above that they were doing that. ....until they found out about the video.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

although they did make an initial statement that went along with the officer's BS:

Who were these "witnesses" outside of the pig and his "police" buddies? I mean, I expect the other pigs to stick up for him and make such a statement, especially if they didn't know about the video...but "witnesses", who are they?

LOL....

I'm sure the video in no way influenced their "findings"

ETA: Video not originating from their cameras, is what I mean.....when that's the case, it just so happens to be broken or (add excuse here) ......
edit on 7-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: clarifying

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
The MUGSHOT:

twitter.com...

On the plus side, the police aren't pretending this wasn't a murder - he (Slager) is being treated like a real suspect.

ETA: although they did make an initial statement that went along with the officer's BS:

"Police and witnesses," lol. Who the hell wrote that.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DOADOA

They made that crap up.... IMO.
There needs to be an investigation of the statements made by the other cops and whichever spokesperson made the erroneous statement reflecting a BS story that was given to the press.
edit on b000000302015-04-07T20:25:05-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 07 Apr 2015 20:25:05 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DOADOA

"Police and witnesses," lol. Who the hell wrote that.

Of course it wasn't anyone that could be said to be speaking directly on behalf of the department....
Obviously, it'd be a leap here to imagine them being complicit in such corruption.....

No way they only changed position when they learned of the video and saw it's contents. NO WAY.
That would never be the case, in Narnia
Sadly, I have my doubts....

BUT, I'm not making that leap or accusation....not publicly. Distrust [due to MANY prior incidents many of us know about] prevents me from discarding the thought outright though....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think this officer is going to be crucified by the system that usually covers-up cold blooded murder by police. There is no denying this one.

CBS LINK

"When you're wrong, you're wrong," Summey added. "When you make a bad decision, don't care if you're behind the shield or a citizen on the street, you have to live with that decision."

BS! BS! BS! You people take any loophole to get one of your own off of murder and now you are going to crucify an officer that reacted to the culture YOU promote, and now claim "wrong is wrong"??? BS!

If there are any good cops, how come we don't stick their neck out and blow the whistle when "wrong is wrong"?? I didn't know chicken*snip* was a characteristic of a "good cop"

This cop will be hung out to dry, but it wont be because "wrong is wrong", it is just because there is no breaks in the footage to exploit.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is why police need to be filmed at all times, its clear they can execute anyone anytime they want and then make up some excuse for it later. Police shouldnt be allowed to use lethal force at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yes.
Where was the 'good cop' when the murderer marched back and got the taser... then planted it next to the body?
Why didn't he arrest the murderer for tampering with evidence at the crime scene?
He is not a good cop... that is the simple answer.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I hope there are other charges coming to go along with the obvious murder charge. Planting evidence, providing false report, and obstruction just for starters. Anyone else would see any and all charges possible.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
I hope there are other charges coming to go along with the obvious murder charge. Planting evidence, providing false report, and obstruction just for starters. Anyone else would see any and all charges possible.

yeah even use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join