It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 3 - A Rift Runs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's been quite a while since I've made any videos. Unlike the professional YouTubers, I don't quite have as much time to dedicate to my channel, as real life has a habit of making my life quite busy.

Yesterday my son Josh suggested that we try making a Let's Play with Diablo 3 that he, my wife and I play together. So we did.

The first video is from yesterday, Easter morning and is just he and I playing together. The 2nd video is from last night, where my wife joined us:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hey man did you just got d3? i play it since launch day

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

My wife got it for herself not too long after it launched. Same as my oldest son. My youngest, Josh, got it for this past Christmas. I finally got it for myself about a month ago, not wanting to be the only one in the house that's not played it, hehehehe.

I've always been a big Diablo fan starting with the first one back in the 90s. Had a lot of fun with Diablo 2 when it came out, and in fact, my oldest son, my wife and I used to play it all the time together. We called it "Diablo'ing".

I was really excited about Diablo 3 coming out, but both my wife and oldest son said they were disappointed with it when they got it. So I didn't bother with it.

However, many patches later and with the Reaper of Souls DLC, they both thought that the game has improved, making it as fun as Diablo 2 was.
I have to take their word for it, since I didn't get it and start playing it until a month ago, and found that it is just as much fun as Diablo 2 was.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Looks like fun! Anyone here play D3 for the 360 ? If so I'd love to do some rifts or bounties

You can PM me for my gamertag if interested

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I actaully bought diablo 2 twice for some reason over the years...its one of the greatest games ive ever played...and with that...do you think id like diablo 3 starting this late in the game?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Hmmmm.

I think you might like Diablo 3 a bit better than 2 for certain things.

For example, you can craft in 3. You can also recycle armor and weapons to gain crafting materials.

In 2, once you ran through the game once, you did it again at a harder level, then again and another harder level.

In 3, You have 10 levels are hardness: Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, then Torment 1 thru 6. Once you run through the game once, you can then either run through it again, raising the hardness level, OR you can play Adventure mode, collecting bounties and doing Rifts and Great Rifts.

Once you go through the game once, you can share your stash with any of your other characters that you start. And you can either go through the story line with that new character, or just start that new one off in Adventure mode if you want.

They also have Hardcore and Seasonal characters. Hardcore, once you die, that's it for that character. Season characters do not get to share the stash, but have to start over again, but there are awards and achievements that are not available to regular characters. They just ended Season 2. Season 3 starts on next Saturday, 10th of April.

Now, there are some "down sides". In 3, if you are playing with friends, you can't give them gold, crafting materials, things you crafted. You can share things like Set items and Legendary items, but only if you got them while playing with your friends (there's a timer, about an hour I think). They did this because people were selling times for real money in ways that Battle.net doesn't allow.

In 2 you had the following classes you could play: Paladin, Barbarian, Amazon, Sorcerous, Necromancer, Druid, Assassin.

In 3 you can play: Crusader, Monk, Barbarian, Wizard, Demon Hunter, and Witch Doctor. So you have one class less than you had in 2. BUT! You get to choose male or female, unlike in 2 where you were stuck with the gender.

They have a LOT more levels for gems now too, compared to 2. But you have to have the Gem Maker that you help out in the story line. There is no Herrodrick Cube in 3, and you have to pay him gold to upgrade your gems. Later on, you get a enchantress that can change magical properties of your items, which you didn't have that in 2. So even if you find something that say, has a property for Wizards on it, but you want it for your Crusader, you can change it into something your Crusader can use.

Side kicks: in 2 you had a lot you could choose from each Act, and you could give them items to help them out. In 3, you only have 3 you can choose from: A templar, a scoundrel and a enchantress, each of who you meet as you progress the main story. In Adventure mode, all 3 are there. They auto level with your character, and you can give them weapons, jewelry and a special trinket that helps them out.
While in 3 you only have those 3 to choose from, I like them because they talk to you, unlike in 2.

Levels: you can't go higher than level 70. That's the cap. BUT: once you hit 70, you start earning paragon points, and you put those on different skill sets to make your character even more powerful. So it's kind of like still earning levels.

So do I think you'll like it? Well, if you enjoyed Diablo 2, I think that there is plenty in Diablo 3 and it's DLC that yes, you'd like it. Try not to constantly compare it to 2.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Nice to see another family of nerds out there also d3ing it up
.. minecraft is great too

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

We prefer to call ourselves Gaming Every Energetic Kind.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
IF you enjoyed the oldschool dark macabre style of Diablo II and you enjoyed the VAST amount of variations to create unique builds based on items and synergizing skills in unique ways then I suggest you try the MOD for Diablo II; Median XL Ultimative.

Honestly it's the REAL Diablo 3, the true successor - It has sooo much more items, the towns have been remodeled and an absoulute rehaul of each class, 100's of new spells and skills - LOTS of new areas and bosses,monsters from even Diablo 1!

And for you Lore-goers, plenty!

Honestly I suggest you check it out, you don't need an official Diablo 2 CD key to play it co-op over LAN, you just need a working one (expansion too). .

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wish I could get my wife to play!

new topics

top topics

join