It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do guys really want children ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I would love a honest answer on this one...
Answering it honestly maybe doesn't play into few peoples dating profiles, but I just want to know some real answers.
Many ladies will propably frown upon this but I really feel as we women don't give you much of a choice here?!
This may be another frowned up on statement, but when I hear women, especially teenage/very young mothers discribing their pregnancy as an accident, my first thought is, Accidently on purpose more like (I will try really hard to believe a woman who says she fell pregnant because she skipped a pill that one day or her antibiotics interfered with her pill and other similar statements).
However I do want to "believe" the ecstatic guy who shouts around : we are pregnant!
And I am not a feminsist either
What's the deal here boys?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Who else can we blame things on?

Think of it as why guys like dogs. When we first start dating we need someone/something to blame for the fart smell right?

For kids, we need someone to blame when the ice cream suddenly disappears. And to be honest, babies are a babe magnet just like puppies are.

Now that I think of it, puppies are better because they will never be able to learn our language and eventually defend themselves.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yeah, I actually wanted kids, but I only wanted one or two. I have two girls. I'll let my brother pass on the male DNA, he had a son. When my nephew dies I hope he has a kid or my family line of five generations back of the male side dies off. The only other boy than me in this family line and he only had a girl.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

If I were in my 20's today, as opposed to 20 years ago, then NO, I would not want kids.

Too much to raise them in today's environment. Luckily my youngest is like..8 or 9 now and the oldest 21.

But yeah..

I would not decide to have kids in 2015 that's for sure.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

At this stage of my life, no.
For one, it'll be cruel for me to bring a child into the world, although I have a decent job, I work odd hours, and my girlfriend just finished university, so it's not on the table yet.
When I am a bit more settled down, I could see myself with a kid, but the feeling of wanting one hasn't come to me yet.

I think most guys never really think about it when they are single, if they do it's rare, once we settle a bit, have a good girl involved in our life then it'll sink in.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just depends.

Some guys need to reach a point in our lives where we feel we can provide for offspring & a wife. Once we get there, then sure.

Some guys don't want kids, period. Some of these literally hate the sound of crying babies. I'm not joking. If you meet a guy like that, don't date him if you want kids.

Some guys don't want kids. HOWEVER, there are some women we find so attractive that we temporarily lose our minds, and want to make babies. As long as we can have her, the kids are fine. Just ask some guys who say they don't want kids how they'd react if one of their favorite models, singers, etc wanted a child with them lol

Some guys may not mind having kids one day, but simply may not want to have kids with that specific woman. Maybe we don't think the relationship will go anywhere. Or hate some tendencies of the woman & don't want to "shackled" to her for the rest of our lives. Or don't trust her to raise our kids, etc

And some cultures place far more of an emphasis on family than America does, so it's important to pass on your clan name, inheritance, etc. So many guys in those cultures absolutely want kids and may even divorce the woman if she can't bear children.

Hope that helps

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
When you have kid's the world ceases to be about what you want and becomes about what they need. At least it is supposed to. Many young people i meet are far more self-centered. It comes from living in a rich society like we do. As others have said, kids are expensive.So if you want all your money to go to the things you want then kids are a distraction. You need to look for people who are not self-centered. When i was young anyone who didn't want kids was a real turn off for me. But i have been married for 200 years or so (seems like) so maybe i am behind the times.

V

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I have 2 kids from a previous marriage and damn fine young people they are, their mother raised them to be respectful and to be individuals. They are a pleasure to be with and I thank their mum everyday for raising them so well.

The present Mrs C and I desperately wanted kids in our early marriage, me more so, but alas it wasn't to be, and the thought of being a father to a new born now although terrifying, still has an appeal to it.

The world can't have enough Cody's LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I want kids very badly, but that's just not the hand life dealt me. 😢

👣

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

did you pass on your artistic talent?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

This may not appeal to u or u might not believe it I am pro pharmacy and pro natural medicine
I know real life people who were diagnosed with the same problem. I am talking extremely slim to none chance. This people with using fertility accupacture are now pushing baby prams. U never know..

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

this is very interesting only because btw 18-27 I have craved for a child (not really a husband/partner but a child). all I'm thinking for the last 1.5 years is that I was being self-centered about it.
edit on 5-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

so how would you deal with this scenario: ur woman wakes up tomorrow and tells u she wants kids end of story.(I mean can you really be ever prepared or settled enough or without every day struggles)..

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

this will sound so awful I am just being silly but also curious
So how did u decide 20years ago that you are ready(seriously)?it sounds like ur decision was made primarily on sufficient budget(I know this is really no joke)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

what was the emotion, feelings, thoughts that made u want kids?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I am guessing your current assets do not include neither cute puppies or cute babies

so what's the plan
btw yes I have noticed u are in a really good mood
why so happy? just checking

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I would looove to have kids.

I would be sick to my stomach and hate to not be able to provide for them!

Going by that logic currently I do not want kids

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

how do u find out what a guy truly wants without freaking him out? and what should a woman do if she is in a loving commited mature relationship the only problem is she is really ready but he remains undecided.
How do you find out if it is (for the guy )matter of just a few more things getting done and a few more ladders to climb or he is just really not that into you ?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The best thing I ever did with my life was become a father.

Currently have my second one in the oven.

Ten years ago I met one of the most intelligent and beautiful redheads I'd ever seen. I started thinking about what it would be like to have kids with her. About 2 years ago I found out, and I don't regret it at all.
edit on pSun, 05 Apr 2015 13:08:08 -050020155America/Chicago2015-04-05T13:08:08-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: birhan

what is the logic in ur opinion

(what makes right now different)?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join