It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Berenstein Bears, now... Jupiter Rising?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It is possible that early on the name was 'Jupiter Rising', and they (possibly had to) change it for some legal challenge or it just sounded better. Who knows. They did the same thing with Revenge of the Jedi. There was a bit of early press, then suddenly it was Return of the Jedi.

If it was for legal reasons, they would have scrubbed things pretty well.

...Or it was just a brain/recollection thing.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
even google autocomplete says rising and then takes you to ascending...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Throw another one on the fire 'dilemna' or 'dilemma'... I remember Berenstein and dilemna. As for Jupiter Rising I think when the commercials came on my subconscious completed the title with Rising yet the commercial finished with Ascending which always made me think Rising sounded better, maybe a lot of people did the same thing.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So the possibility that people have been mistaken about things remembered from the past is more improbable than, what, timeline jumping? This thread reminds me of that one super long thread about how Australia is in the wrong place on the globe, because it's definitely not a deficiency in education, there has to be some new-agey BS timeshift explanation.

It was always the Berenstain bears, and Australia is close to Indonesia. Is the world such a boring place that everything needs a fanciful out-there explanation?
edit on 4/5/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Jupiter rising seems familiar to me as well, though I can't say for sure. I was firmly in the Steiner camp as well.

Another possible one, last night auto correct changed helpfull, to helpful. I thought it just looked wrong as helpful. Now I'm no spelling bee champ but helpfull seems awfully familiar to me. Anybody else?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Somehow I also reference it in my mind as Rising until I correct myself. But I really jumped into your thread to suggest you save your money. Other than a few scenes of opulent splendor the movie was a wash for me. Thin plot, like it was laid over a writhing pool of gratuitous hand to hand combat done in flash flash flash photography and phone in the performance acting . Actually, the acting was so poor that it even made the movie worse.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
After a quick search I found a Wikipedia entry for the title, "Jupiter Rising". Its my guess that the movie was originally called, "Jupiter Rising", but the name had to be changed because of copyright infringement. There is a musical pop duo called, "Jupiter Rising".

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I distinctly remember it as "Rising" also, and NOT ascending.
I am a video game artist so some of the art interested me and I remember looking up "Jupiter rising concept art" In google images, with links saying "Jupiter Rising" but now all the concept art says "Ascending" HTF does that happen?

I mean I know changing the name to possible copyright issues, but you don't typically wind up changing it on all concept art across the web as the concept art is basically throw away material after use and certainly more so if not used at all.

What I'm referring to is the Title and name of concept artist and scene that the art portrays as been changed on the actual art, not just a web entry.

When I read the title of this in the recent threads, I was thinking "Okay, how is this going to be like the berenstien bears issue, I mean you cant get "Jupiter rising" confused...WRONG!

Apparently it's ascending, and my immediate response was BULL****!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You're not losing your mind. It was Jupiter Rising.

That's pretty cool you spotted the change. I wouldn't have looked at it it until you pointed it out - but it most certainly was Jupiter Rising, I remember it that way too.

I think of this thing called reality like a Hollywood movie - what we see is the end result of a splicing together of scenes in a 'post processing' effect in which the 'trained observer' will pick up on what's been altered in the post processing.

Most people I suspect simply won't pick up on these things - and will fight you tooth and nail because they can't believe what you're saying is possible.

Don't question your mind. It's perfectly intact. I see things like this all the time.

It's nice to meet someone else who does too.

Check out my blog at universalbri.wordpress.com, I talk about pretty much anything I darn well feel like and don't mind coming across crazy as i do it - so if you'd like to chat - my contact info is there.

Keep up the good 'attention to detail'!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

Want some fun plug in Billy Graham obituary-caution there will be trojans.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

By the way. What happened to Berenstein Bears?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
I admit I too am caught off guard by the spelling on the bears, but I actually do have a vague memory of library day in elementary school and the teacher correcting someone's pronunciation on that from something that seemed right to something that sounded wrong but obviously was right when we sounded out the cover again. Its just one of those names that causes problems.

Yep.. Even back in the 90s my mom commented to me that people read the name wrong. It was always berenstain bears.. For real I had maybe every book.
edit on 5-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I think sometimes movies come out with an early trailer, then for whatever reason be it market research, or another film is discovered to have the same or similar title forcing them into a name change. As I recall I saw a trailer LONG before Scott Pilgrim VS The World was released and it was a different title. Then I didn't see the trailer again until near the release date and the title was changed. I was telling friends about it waiting to see it again because it look fun, and would have sworn it was something about the 7 Evil Ex's. I also remember another trailer coming out in the wait for a different film about the same plot, so I just figured they faught it out and Scott Pilgrim vs was what they settled on.
edit on 5-4-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
They may have had to change the name. There is a book "Jupiter Rising", that is completely different than the movie.
www.amazon.com...

By the way, I do remember it being advertised as "Jupiter Rising"

Yea it was jupiter Rising when I saw a preview in movie theaters.. So then when I was waiting for it to come out because I was excited, Jupiter ascending popped up when I searched Jupiter Rising, and after watchign the preview I was like I guess this is the same movie...

It's odd ehh??

They could have changed the name, but I don't know. If they only changed the name and we didn't flip worlds here then there should be a way to find it still say rising on something..

I still havn't watched the movie.

I liked the other name better anyway. It makes more sense.
edit on 5-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Naw. It was Rising. I can support the guy's claim. I actually had a text file with a list of movies I wanted to pull down as Torrents - which had that movie in it. Oddly enough. I have memories of deleting that file a week ago for no real reason.

So now I am recreating the file. Jupiter Rising was most assuredly the movie name. But I'll go with the name change. I still want to see it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

LOL. For me it was Berenstein Bears. I am certain of that.

We're seeing a convergence of realities here.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Converging realities. Two or more realities collapsing into one - not something that's uncommon in physics and math, and what we're seeing is simple media evidence suggesting it's happening. .

A lot of us are seeing these things. I've been documenting them for quite a while. It's refreshing for once reading about others who actually see the same things.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri
a reply to: KnightLight

LOL. For me it was Berenstein Bears. I am certain of that.

We're seeing a convergence of realities here.

well I'll back off a bit and allow that could be happening.
And I will raise you one crazy theory..

ready?

There are people controlling the timeline of the earth.. Watch LOST.. The Island is Earth. You will notice on the island there are ancient structures like a giant Egyptian Statue.. And a conversation between brothers.. about humans.. Here they come.. I don't see the point. It's always the same.. humans build up then fight and then boom. And then Jacob says, something to the effect that each time is different. He calls it progress.

there is a magnetic anomoly on the island and it happens to be an 8 spoked wheel of Dharma that you can turn.. When the guy does this, the timeline shifts....

Jupiter Rising was actually an Awesome movie, in the other world. Too bad we missed it. hahahaha

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

yeah it was rising
movie studios mess around with names for various reasons

example:

Fist of Fury was accidentally released in the U.S. under the title The Chinese Connection.[2] That title was a means of tapping the popularity of another film, The French Connection (starring Gene Hackman), released earlier in the U.S.[2] for another Bruce Lee film, The Big Boss, which also involved drug smuggling. However, the U.S. titles for Fist of Fury and The Big Boss were accidentally switched, resulting in the former being released in the U.S. under the title The Chinese Connection until 2005, while the latter was released as Fists of Fury.[citation needed]

Recent television screenings and the current official DVD release (by 20th Century Fox, originally available in The Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection box set) in the U.S. have restored the original titles of all the films starring Bruce Lee. Fist of Fury is now officially known as Fist of Fury in the U.S.. The current DVD version also has a subtitle that says "A.K.A. The Chinese Connection" when the Fist of Fury title appears on screen, as the source material is the Fortune Star digital remasters.[citation needed]

funny, that as i remember it as Fists of Fury...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Nope. Different movie altogether. I distinctly remember Jupiter Rising. It most definitely was not Ascending - until the last two weeks or so.

That and I had been checking on the torrents for Jupiter Rising ever since I first read about the movie. I had been looking forward to it. Oddly enough, the torrents became 'frozen' - it was unusual - like there wasn't anything else released past cam versions after a certain date - say about 2 months ago. Usually there's updates of newer cam versions, but Jupiter Rising appeared to be stalled out.

It was weird - I hadn't seen that happen with a torrent before.

Now I quit checking as this persisted for Jupiter Rising for a month - the last time I checked was about a month ago. And what I see now is only some music when doing the same search I did before. The previous cam versions are gone.

So the 'data' has been cleaned up covering up the tracks of Jupiter Rising being in there at all. And now that I do a search for Jupiter Ascending - I see torrents all over the place.

As Spock would say. It's absolutely fascinating. Like I'm being given a firsthand glimpse how the internet really functions and how information is manipulated - who knows what the reason it's occurring - there's positive and negative possibilities. But is' most assuredly happening!.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join