It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Berenstein Bears, now... Jupiter Rising?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Alright guys...
So there's this new movie out that was just made this year. I saw previews for it and whatnot and thought it looked cool, so I wrote a note to myself to watch it. Jupiter Rising. And then I see someone in a recent thread reference this same movie, Jupiter Rising.
The problem is... There's no movie called Jupiter Rising. It's now called "Jupiter Ascending".
Am I losing my mind here? Does anyone else specifically remember it being called "Jupiter Rising" rather than "Jupiter Ascending"?

I don't even know what to think. I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't for the fact that I specifically made a note to myself to watch it, and then saw someone else reference it by the same name.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I'm pretty sure it was always ascending, but I have been REALLY REALLY REALLY surprised to find out my CERTAIN memories of things i knew well were actually slightly off in some way many times.

I have noticed that the version I think of as "right" is usually shorter and smoother sounding, and leaves me thinking- "well why the hell ISNT it the version I thought i remembered- it obvious and it clearly flows better" and that I believe is the key to what is going on.

Our brains always try to simplify messages to be easily remembered and transmitted to others- that's why the first thing that happens in a rumor mill or a game of telephone is that the message gets shorter and loses some detail. (after that attempts to refill obvious gaps can create larger or more complex false messages down the line, so it won't always follow the pattern I see, even when its the same principle- but that's what will happen first).

So when you get a message that just wasn't perfected, and you see how to improve it, you remember the improved version, and it seems more right than the original. (probably also how nostalgia works)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
...first the Berenstein Bears? What did you think they were called?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

They are Berenstain...

Check it out.

www.berenstainbears.com...

Many, myself included have always thought it was Berenstein. Now a lot of people are confused and are questioning if there is a parallel Universe with a different spelling of the name and that somehow we have slipped between the 2.

Jude11

edit on 5-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I admit I too am caught off guard by the spelling on the bears, but I actually do have a vague memory of library day in elementary school and the teacher correcting someone's pronunciation on that from something that seemed right to something that sounded wrong but obviously was right when we sounded out the cover again. Its just one of those names that causes problems.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The Berenstain Bears have always been Berenstain. I can't believe that error got as much press as it did. It's even on Wikipedia somehow. In a previous article on ATS that addresses that subject, I put in a link to the authors themselves righting that error. (Somewhere anyway. I've just had the realization that I have posted a LOT more on here than I thought!)

As far as Jupiter Rising/Ascending goes, you get a little sympathy here from me, because not only does that ring a little true to my brain, but when you search in Google, there are alternative selections found at the bottom of the page suggesting "Jupiter Rising". So, at the very least, you're far from the only one thinking that was the name of the movie. But this could all just be common mistakes made by us folks that have only a passing knowledge of the movie.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
They may have had to change the name. There is a book "Jupiter Rising", that is completely different than the movie.
www.amazon.com...

By the way, I do remember it being advertised as "Jupiter Rising"
edit on 5-4-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Some people, like myself, remember the spelling being Berenstein Bears when it seems it's actually Berenstain.

I asked my coworkers which one do they remember and everyone thought it was Berenstein like I did.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

What's the significance of Berenstain Bears?

Berenstain is the name of the creators of the characters

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just for another ... until I read the post, I thought it was "Jupiter Rising"

And, I remember wondering about the "Berenstein" bears as a kid, wondering if they were Jewish.

BerenStain would have made me think of something totally different.

$0.02

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I remember it as 'Jupiter Rising' as well. I also remember Berenstain Bears as Berenst(e)in Bears.

This phenomenon is known as the Mandella Effect.

Mandela Effect

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Alright guys...
So there's this new movie out that was just made this year. I saw previews for it and whatnot and thought it looked cool, so I wrote a note to myself to watch it. Jupiter Rising. And then I see someone in a recent thread reference this same movie, Jupiter Rising.
The problem is... There's no movie called Jupiter Rising. It's now called "Jupiter Ascending".
Am I losing my mind here? Does anyone else specifically remember it being called "Jupiter Rising" rather than "Jupiter Ascending"?

I don't even know what to think. I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't for the fact that I specifically made a note to myself to watch it, and then saw someone else reference it by the same name.

I remember it as "Jupiter rising" but "Jupiter ascending" actually means kinda the same thing, so it just breaks down to mental efficiency.

Rising is much more common than ascending, so ones mind simplifies it for easier storage function....right?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Some people, like myself, remember the spelling being Berenstein Bears when it seems it's actually Berenstain.

I asked my coworkers which one do they remember and everyone thought it was Berenstein like I did.

Please not again.

I am also from the Bernstein bears universe.

I thought as human thought expanded creating infinitely more universes in the multiverse.

I didn't know they were supposed to combine into in traverses.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
OK, so I remember seeing the commercials long ago and it was indeed called Jupiter Ascending, but Hollywood does this stuff all the time. They change names to something simpler, and just pretend the first name never existed.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I asked my Wife and Kids about the name and all three said it was "stein." We've moved once, if not more times, off that timeline, I believe. Were those Bears on in 2001?

I always wonder if the Trade Center was orchestrated intentionally, to move us off that particular time line. It shook the whole world to the core and that could have been enough to do the job. For instance, say an irrefutable fact was known that there was a world calamity about to take place in the not so distant future, and the so-called 'ptb" had to do something or perish. Maybe by moving off that time line, they saved us all at a horrible, still to be determined cost. Who knows ?? Things are definitely off.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
No clue on the bears....
But I remember the movie being advertised as Jupiter rising.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I remember it as Jupiter Ascending but there is an older movie called Mercury Rising, maybe that's what's getting mixed up?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I also remember Jupiter Rising....

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I seem to recall it being "Jupiter Rising" as well. Jupiter Ascending is something of a surprise, as "ascending" isn't a word studios like to put in movies aimed at general audiences - they consider it to be a "complicated" word. Source : helped found my hometown's first indie studio back in '99-'00.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
People saying "Jupiter Rising" are thinking of Bruce Willis' "Mercury Rising".
Both equally over-hyped and both under-deliver.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join