It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father facing jail for giving dying daughter cannabis oil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wanted to share the plight of Adam Koessler was arrested for treating his daughter with cannabis oil who has stage 4 cancer. She showed signed of improvment from the use of the oil. To make matter worse he is unable to have contact with his daughter now and her condition has deteriorated.

In a case like this I think the law is firmly in the wrong and the child should get the medication she needs. There is now mounting evidence that cannabis oil can be an effective treatment for certain types of cancer. I hope Adam is reunited with his daughter soon.

More than 38,000 people have now signed a petition calling for Queensland premier Campbell Newman and justice minister Jarrod Bleijie to intervene, saying "it is inhumane and unjust to keep a parent, who acted out of love for his child [and] wanting to prolong her life, away from her during such severe illness".

www.mirror.co.uk...

purp..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Let's hope many of the advocats and users of medical cannabis, especially oils for young children, get on board and help sort this out for this little girl and her father.

I wonder if this case will highlight this incredible natural aid into the mainstream a little more and help promote it's use without making criminals out of people who care about their loved ones enough to try to help them at any cost?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The inhumanity of our govt's rights to know what's best for us. I bet if the shoe was on the foot of the decision maker things would go differently. I pray for the father and child. Damn those insufferable bastards! reply to: purplemer

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

That's despicable and disgusting all at once.

How dare they.

*sigh*

It's going to be another few years before all the good science is peer reviewed and the cancer fighting abilities of Cannabis are proven without a doubt.

In the meantime, hopefully advocate organizations do their best to help those in need like these folk.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Absurd..how sad

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It's going to be another few years before all the good science is peer reviewed and the cancer fighting abilities of Cannabis are proven without a doubt.

Only because the bastards (who profit in a myriad ways from prohibition) keep stalling "the science". The science has been proven over and over again.
I won't go as far as to say cannabis CURES cancer, but I will say it has a profound effect on certain cancers and indeed shrinks tumors...or at the very least, stops their growth and prolongs life. Not to mention the hundred other things it is good for when one has cancer (nausea, appetite, etc etc etc...the list goes on)

I could go on and on....but here is the message.
You....don't....own....your....children. SLAVES, the lot of us.

When are we going to get it?
When are we going to do something about it?

Tragically, I'm a bit hot headed......in this particular situation I would be dead by now. NO ONE would remove my child from MY care because I was attempting to SAVE MY CHILD'S LIFE. < and that's about all I'll say about that.
...Any....means....necessary!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This really irks me. I would do the same, and also, its illegal and criminal that they even made these laws, about a natural substance, herb, resource that belongs to all the people, it violated both common law, and the constitution, it is unlawful and therefore null and void. These laws don't exist, save but that we are in a police state with nazi's carrying out illegal things against us, but not without enormous karma. For everything they take, steal, pollute, poison, exploit, THEY OWE. And the clock is ticking, for the collections are due.

Now, like I said, this will be used for every member of my family if needed. Also thick oil works better than their watered down citrus stuff from their medical centers.

My friend has cancer and is scheduled next week for surgery, very aggressive skin cancer near her ear, and a bad place for deep tissue removal.

She's been putting the tar on and made most of go away, even indenting into the skin.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I say lock him up and throw away the kilo.

(or, in a perfect universe, the Prime Minister should walk into the daughter's room with her next "round of medications")

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yet another reason to start advocating for the dissolution of the big government agencies that regulate life and death like this.

They are the reason we even have problems like this. To take a father away from a dying little girl is an unforgivable crime among the many unforgivable crimes in the war on drugs.
edit on pSat, 04 Apr 2015 10:35:26 -050020154America/Chicago2015-04-04T10:35:26-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Good to know it's not only American law makers that are stupid , pig headed, and stubbern. The girl is all ready dying so what the hell is the problem?

I do not understand why these anti pot a holes think they can decide what everyone else does with their life.

God forbid big pharma lose a couple bucks
edit on 4-4-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

This is wrong on so many levels. What cold-hearted police officer or judge would even contemplate arresting anyone who is trying alternative methods to save their loved one. This is government involving themselves in the personal lives of it's citizens.

I know I would go to the ends of the earth to try to save any of my kids lives, even if it meant giving them experimental treatment that hasn't been approved for human use by the almighty FDA. When a cancer patient has exhausted all treatment available to save their lives, these patients and their loved ones should have the basic human right to try other methods that have shown positive results. Even if they haven't been approved by the FDA! What does the patient have to lose???

I can't imagine what hell this father is going through, and to keep this father away from his dying daughter's bedside is nothing but cruel and heartless. I would go as far to say this can be considered cruel and unusual punishment which is protected under our constitution.

This beautiful little girl who needs her father at this time doesn't deserve this. This makes my blood boil, shame on them.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This is so astoundingly infuriating it makes me cry (and incredibly sad).

I don't know how, by we have to change this. How anyone can say that cannabis isn't medically useful is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
my heart goes out to them both. the picture of them together is priceless.
I do hope those that interfered all catch insomnia and succumb to a greater gravity, realise the error and display compassion.
there is nothing worse than watching someone dearly loved die from cancer.

f

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

This is wrong on so many levels. What cold-hearted police officer or judge would even contemplate arresting anyone who is trying alternative methods to save their loved one. This is government involving themselves in the personal lives of it's citizens.

Well, look where it happened. It's a third world country with a practical dictatorship, what do you expect...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

What makes it a third world country..?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That poor wee girl.. Seriously the government are wanting to jail a father trying to save his dying girl... With a plant....

WTH....?!

Seriously I hope the poor guy gets help from somewhere...

Strength to him...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I don't know how, by we have to change this. How anyone can say that cannabis isn't medically useful is beyond me.

His daughter is dying she should have access to the medecine he needs..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Boy, lock up that monster! NOW! Take away his parental rights and send him to the chair!

These draconian laws against a plant that absolutely heals people are ridiculous. It is driven by big pharma, big business, the timber industry and, the real biggie, big oil.

I imagine he was treating her with CBD oil which contains low levels of THC...Kids in Colorado and other states here in the US are able to get it for a number of medical problems.

In fact, there is a great doc on Netflix called Culture High that highlights a kid who suffers with disabling seizures and how his dad and doctors were able to change his life with the evil weed.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am fairly anti recreational pot, but I don't see how any rational person can agree with this. This world is full of idiots and run by the worst of them.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure if I was misunderstood, but I 100% agree.

Just watched a former DEA agent say that he had never seen any scientific proof that cannabis is medically useful. Bunch of bs!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join