It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP B'asia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My heart is completely broken and I feel lost and raw. Our sweet B'asia is gone.

About eight years ago, I finally got the beautifully-bred, 8-week-old male German Shepherd that I had always wanted. That's Jaia, the dog in my avatar.

About 6 months later, his breeder contacted me, hoping that I'd be able to take a little female that no one else wanted. She was already 16 weeks old and the breeder told me that her personality was such that she thought she owned the world. She barked orders at all the adult dogs there and was high-energy and frisky. We named that feisty little girl B'asia... And after seeing one picture and one night of discussion, my husband and I knew we had to have her in our lives. This is the first picture we saw of her.

When we picked her up after her long plane ride, she seemed timid and scared on the drive home, but after a few minutes at home, she was back to her old self, barking orders at our other three dogs to keep them in line, just as she had done at the breeder's.

She eventually found her place in the pack and fit right in. We noticed that she was "different", however. She pranced instead of walking, crossed her front feet when lying down and she displayed mild dominant behavior over our adult dogs, which they took it in stride, because they knew she was a powder-puff puppy under that confident exterior. We'll never forget the day she pranced into the living room, dragging the end of the toilet paper roll that led all the way back to the bathroom, as if she had discovered some wonderful treasure and wanted to share it with us.

We soon realized that B'asia was the most intelligent of our four dogs. Eager to please, and quick to learn and obey every behavior, she became quite the "perfect" dog. A JOY to be around and a pleasure to work with. She was quirky. She chased flies and butterflies. She moved like the wind and was such a beautiful example of her breed! She was patient and kind, even when I dressed her up in "people clothes". And she LOVED frisbee games and her rubber stick.

Video - B'asia at Play: s116.photobucket.com...

Video - B'asia in Flight: s116.photobucket.com...

B'asia took a "back seat" to Jaia, her older brother, because he is my first German Shepherd, and he has my heart. She played second fiddle most of the time, but in the past couple years, I really began to see how truly special she was and made an effort to give her more attention and put her in the spotlight. I'm very glad that I did that, because she deserved it. She was more special than I can say.

Early in her time here, I mentioned to my husband that I had a feeling that she might not be around too long. I thought she was so special that we should prepare ourselves for her early departure. I don't know how I knew, but I felt like we should be sure to enjoy her every day... and we did. She was everyone's favorite.

A couple weeks ago, she became ill. It was just a little infection, so we weren't too concerned, and our trusted vet of 15 years treated her with an antibiotic that she had taken previously. A week later, she stopped eating and developed a very high fever. We discovered that her body had reacted to the antibiotic in an extremely harsh way. Her blood platelets were destroyed and her kidneys were severely damaged. Toxins build up in her blood. It was as if she had eaten anti-freeze or some other toxic substance. She was hospitalized and we made several attempts over several days to correct the problem, including flushing out her kidneys on an IV, but nothing worked.

This past Wednesday evening, we made the very difficult decision to let her go, knowing that even if she miraculously survived this bout of kidney failure, she would have chronic kidney disease the rest of her life... We couldn't be selfish and douse this beautiful spirit, only to keep her with us, knowing that she'd be sickly and need special care the rest of her life, which wouldn't be long, anyway.

I've lost animals before. But they were elderly and had lived full lives. The loss of B'asia tears at my heart and I feel I'll never get through this complete feeling of loss. Her departure has left a huge hole in our hearts and our lives. Making it from one hour to the next is the hardest thing I've ever done. But I must ... if only for the two other dogs still here with me and for my husband, who is suffering right alongside me. Today is a little better than yesterday and I hope tomorrow will be better yet, but I shall always grieve for the loss of the special little spirit that is my Bayzee. Please send loving and healing thoughts.

I made this video years ago.

s116.photobucket.com...
edit on 4/3/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Apr 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: r=eplaced last link, per OP

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So sorry to hear that Benevolent!

Thoughts are with you and your Angelic friend.

My words won't be enough, I hope you all cope well on your side.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

so sorry for your loss. I lost my Poopsie earlier this year. I hate to hear about loss, but it sure makes you think of and appreciate the good times.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that. It's always hard to lose a member of the furry family. They do take a part of hearts even when we don't realize it.

link   
Sorry to hear about your loss. She looks and sounds like she was quite the character.

link   
As soon as I saw the title, I knew it was you BH.

I am so sorry for your loss. She was absolutely stunning.
It never gets easier to lose one, no matter how many you've had.

But as I'm sure you know, everyday a little of the sadness goes away, to be replaced with the fond memories of the joy they brought to your life.
And it never ceases to amazes me how a creature that is in your life for such a relatively short time, can make such a lasting impact on our lives.

Hugs and comfort to you.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I am very saddened by this news. I always feel like your dogs are the surrogate ATS pups since you have posted so many pictures of them. I wish you the best.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Aw, this saddens me too, Benevolent. Such a sweet pup, I love the crossed paws. To me it means relaxed and in tune, but keenly aware, ready for anything. My heartfelt condolences on your loss.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss BH. It's never easy to lose family.

When I was championing this forum it was for many reasons, this included. I never realized how many losses we would have and how heartbreaking some threads would be.

I don't regret it one bit tho.

Thanks for sharing and those are some fantastic pics you have as memories as well.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
How awful, I was only looking at your dog pictures earlier in the pet forum. I think the worst thing about owning animals is that you know every little thing about your pets behaviour and personality. We feel our animals. The pain will go, the memories will stay for life. It is never easy losing a beloved one but the happiness your dog had in life and the happiness it gave should give you comfort in the days to come.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My sincerest condolences. Its always hard to lose a furry friend. Ive always clicked on your threads to see your dog pics, as im a German shepherd fan and miss mine loads. She was a lovely looking dog.
R.I.P B'ASIA.
take it easy.
All the best.
B. V. H.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

That's my Poopsie and the first grandson. (out of 3)
He used to ride her and chew her ears, so she was always on edge with him, but never once was aggressive. Nothing but love.

and for the aww factor, here she was at two weeks. She was my buddy and always got super excited when I came home. (even if I'd only been gone a few minutes)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Double post
edit on pFri, 03 Apr 2015 11:01:15 -050020153America/Chicago2015-04-03T11:01:15-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss. Its so difficult to quantify the goodness that animals, dogs especially, bring to our lives. Much like people we care for so much, you never know what you have until its gone.

Rest in Peace B'asia.
edit on pFri, 03 Apr 2015 11:00:36 -050020153America/Chicago2015-04-03T11:00:36-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss BH, I tend not to visit these threads as they make me too sad.

Losing a friend is so hard, I lost my little friend not long ago and still have moments of grief.

I hope her big brother doesn't miss her too much

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Oh no.
I am so sorry she has gone,what a beautiful girl.
In some of those pictures I had trouble not believing it was my Bud-they looked so alike,they could have been brother and sister.
Bud even did the paw crossing thing,just like your B'asia.

It really brought back the unresolved grief I carry in my heart for my Bud.
I know what your are going through BH,and I am truly sorry for your loss.

I could tell from the pictures she was 100% loved and happy.
So sorry for you and your family.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

My sincerest condolences.

May she rest in peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

SnF n T*

* tears..... Beautiful girl...... Soo sorry for your lost Benevolent!

No words can help I know. 8 years is too young!

Wish there were words but experience tells me that the best one can do is say sorry for your loss of a loved family member.

We all feel your pain, but not in the same manner as you.....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have a feeling someone is watching over B'asia until you get there...

Jude11

edit on 3-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm not crying I am just allergic to these threads!

Sorry for your loss, this eulogy is beyond amazing though. I feel like I knew her now.

I hope it helped a little to write this all out and recall the good times.

Rip B'asia

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join