It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Latin Order: the future of American imperialism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It's strange just how little attention Americans sometimes pay to their own region of the world. Everyone is concerned about the Middle East, or even China. I have a hard time believing for one second that the US Government is as blind to their immediate surroundings as the American public. I believe this blindness is welcomed and encouraged by the government, as it will simplify US efforts to pick up its colonial efforts here in the west right were it left off at the turn of the last century, when the world wars interrupted the American agenda for the Western Hemisphere.

Cuba: As I have stated in other threads, Cuba has a vital strategic position for protecting or projecting influence to the Southern US, Eastern Mexico, or the Northern part of South America- especially Venezuela. Cuba is also the only Caribbean nation with the size to support such an economy as could make the surrounding islands viable nations. America has been satisfied for a long time to keep Cuba down. As long as their currency is weak, the Caribbean is a playground for semi-wealthy Americans and a source of wealth for sugar/fruit producers. The obvious problem is that the Soviet threat is gone and Americans aren't afraid of Cuba even a little bit now. Eventually we have to stop choking the life out of Cuba because it does not seem justified. We can't just let them off the hook either, because their relationship with Venezuela could be the beginnings of a viable economy which could break America's dominance over the Caribbean.

Conclusion: When Castro dies the CIA will stir up a revolution in Cuba, and as long as Bush is in office I believe that this time the rebels will recieve aircover from America and be successful.

Projected future: An American puppet state in Cuba could be an ideal station for weather monitoring/altering technology designed to weaken hurricanes coming into the gulf of Mexico. Offshore oil drilling may also prove profitable in that area once there is a government which America can work with. Such a Cuba could assume leadership in an economic community of Caribbean states, essentially giving America a high degree of control over the whole sea with the subversion of a single government.

Haiti: America has done an expert job of playing former soldiers off against former president Aristide and then maginalizing the role of those soldiers in the new government. America will likely be content to leave such a poor nation to its own devices instead of making those probelms our own. America can easily control Haiti via a Cuban-lead economic community.

Venezuela: Venezuela is a high priority target for American subversion. They have oil and they have a pro cuba government. They could be a serious problem if Cuba falls before they do. America has recently stepped up pressure on Venezuela, especially over a "court packing" issue which may or may not be as bad as it sounds. I expect to see a coup in Venezuela very soon.
Projected Future: Venezuela is an oil stash for America in case we don't beat the Peak Oil situation. We will probably try to limit their production as much as possible in the near future and then get it all for ourselves later.
If substantial oil developments are made in the Gulf of Mexico through new deep drilling technology then i would expect the establishment of a naval base and airstation in Venezuela to lock down American control of the gulf. Forces stationed in Venezuela could also be used to invade Columbia at some point in the future.

More to follow on Mexico, Columbia, Brazil, and Argentina especially, but for now I can't put anymore time into this.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
interesting...
i cant wait to hear the rest of this

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
leave the caribbean alone, u don't have any idea of what is happening in haiti, venezuela or the caribbean in general, haiti right now is in total caos, the U.S. need more soldier because the country is out of control (i know this because i live in the other country in the same island *dominican republic*) but they don't show that on TV, the U.S. don't like chavez (in venuzuela) because chavez is one of the president that don't do what the U.S. whant (the other president is castro *even if it is a dictator*), the U.S. whant to control everything :S
leave us find our onw destiny alone, just like u people find your way and became the united state

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
USA have plenty of soldiers, they just don't like deplloying them because they can be used better elsewhere...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vertexc
leave the caribbean alone, u don't have any idea of what is happening in haiti, venezuela or the caribbean in general, haiti right now is in total caos, the U.S. need more soldier because the country is out of control (i know this because i live in the other country in the same island *dominican republic*) but they don't show that on TV, the U.S. don't like chavez (in venuzuela) because chavez is one of the president that don't do what the U.S. whant (the other president is castro *even if it is a dictator*), the U.S. whant to control everything :S
leave us find our onw destiny alone, just like u people find your way and became the united state

I didn't say that I like the idea: I dont. I just said that is what I predict.
I have sympathy for Caribbean nations because I know that my government is intentionally helping to keep them poor, just because America makes money off of the travel/cruise industry to the smaller and less chaotic islands. If nations like Cuba or Venezuela helped the Caribbean develop a strong economy then a lot of semi-rich American jerks would have to find a new vacation spot where they can act like big shots just for having a little money.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think is true, right now the governments of Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela are building a political pact with repercussions in the continent. They support Castro�s regime.

If we look close; Bush gave full support to Chavez in the recent Venezuela�s referendum, in exchange of a new oil contracts for Bush companies in the country. The differences between Bush and Chavez are just a fa�ade to mold the public opinion.

Next we have the project of a new Andean Community like EU, is true, they are studying a new Andean passport to travel around the continent, and to create a new currency. In fact, the last year they said that the new passport could be implemented in January 2005 (this month).

Guys, we are talking about NWO, the Illuminati or whatever is gaining control on all the continents. Latin America doesn�t escape to this.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
with this world becoming a more and more dangerous place, with more people getting mad at the U.S. for various reasons, i think we ought to take all of our troops from around the world and deploy them into the U.S. to do border patrol. This would help protect us from invasion and from terrorists sneaking into the country.

Peace~Smurf

new topics

top topics

join