It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian Police Burn Three Tons of Confiscated Marijuana : Whole City Gets High

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh man, just look at the photo. He's already smiling.

When Indonesian police in Palmerah confiscated a huge take of the plant – totaling three tons – they did what they have often done with smaller confiscated amounts: they burned it.

But with an amount of this big, the results were very different than they expected. Still, police took precautions by wearing masks to prevent themselves from getting high on the smoke from the burning bonfire. But residents in nearby towns were not given any such masks, nor any warning that the police were about to burn the giant mountain of herb.

The pile of 3.3 tons of weed was burned by Palmerah police at their subprecinct office near the City of Tangerang, 15.5 miles west of the capital Jakarta

countercurrentnews.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

...and a great, laughter filled day was had by all of the villagers

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I bet Gorengan sales went through the roof that day.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Those must have been very happy people. I'll bet that restaurant owners made a killing. Kind of like a scene from Up in Smoke.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh the Irony.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Its already April fools on that site.
Is this a joke?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

doubt it. *some* police aren't that smart
edit on 31-3-2015 by penroc3 because: edit

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The man in the picture looks like he's having a great time!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

They used to do this in the US back when they would burn whole naturally growing fields of the stuff. Entire towns would get high. Thats why they stopped and why they use closed ovens /burners or something.

That would be awesome though. Just walk suspiciously by the fire and toss out some old furniture....take a break on the old sofa you are throwing out to eat lunch....then toss the sofa in when you are good and ready for some dinner. Come back after dinner and "look for something you lost".....

LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
All of those people in that town would likely fail a drug test for the next few weeks.

Are they going to all kill eachother?

Too soon?

edit on 31-3-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

drugs are bad mkayyyyyy

everyone knows weed is the devil in green....sweet sweet sticky green goodness.....i mean the devil...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I was present by such a fire back in about 1943 in Danville, Illinois. Hemp had been outlawed in 1937 and my father was a watchman (with family) at what I know only as "The old hemp plant." It had made rope. It was a winter day. The impact of the occasion came together for me only a few years, but I remember the scene vividly even though I suffer from a usually terrible memory. Not surprisingly, there was about half a dozen guys there and at least one other young kid such as myself.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Doubt it would be April Fools report because with their laws against marijuana, burning probably happens a lot there. What a waste, maybe they will re think some things as they seem to be having fun, at least at a local level after that.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Cheech and Chong scene

Just in case it didn't embed
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
If you were really alive back then, and are open minded enough to be on ATS then I have over a million questions for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Its already April fools on that site.
Is this a joke?

More like Christmas.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
And the entire town suddenly awakened to the reality of our world and realized love for their fellow man was the only thing that truly matters in life and they all began to help and uplift one another, adopting the motto and philosophy that "no one shall fall because everyone will be each other's crutches", igniting a grassroots movement (pardon the pun) that soon spread the world over like wildfire and nothing was the same ever again from that day forward.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I was present by such a fire back in about 1943 in Danville, Illinois. Hemp had been outlawed in 1937 and my father was a watchman (with family) at what I know only as "The old hemp plant." It had made rope. It was a winter day. The impact of the occasion came together for me only a few years, but I remember the scene vividly even though I suffer from a usually terrible memory. Not surprisingly, there was about half a dozen guys there and at least one other young kid such as myself.

Are you aware hemp does not get you high?

Great story, but they could have roasted you over that pit and the only thing you would've felt was the fire burning your bum

Hemp is male cannabis. Only female plants produce flowers which (CAN) get you high.

My apologies if you're not insinuating there was something to this occasion, but "the impact of the occasion" made me believe otherwise.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strawberry88

originally posted by: Aliensun

Hemp is male cannabis. Only female plants produce flowers which (CAN) get you high.

Great info but only half correct.

Hemp is male or female cannabis.

Cannabis with a low THC level is hemp.

There are 3 species of cannabis. Sativa, indica, and ruderalis.

All 3 can be hemp or Mary J depending on how they are bred. Sativa is better suited for hemp as it naturally is the biggest of the 3.

I can also believe that back in 1943 the UN sanctions making hemp legally required to be near zero THC hadn't been written that this story would lend more credence.

edit on 1-4-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Local fast food joints made a killing that day

<<   2 >>

join